Peercoin.net: Wallet Page

I’m pretty sure I addressed it in chat already. But just for the sake of it being written somewhere permanent:

It is a bad compression algorithm in IE that causes it. However, to fix that I would have to convert images to the resolution in which they are displayed so they are not resized. Which in a responsive design is not an option, because the images have to be bigger than needed so they show up nicely on every screen size.

Only solution would be replacing those images with vectorized .svg-s, but I would have to acquire PeerUnity and paper wallet vectorized logos.

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:19, topic:2776”][quote=“Chronos, post:17, topic:2776”]Peerunity (recommended)

Peerunity is actively developed by the Peercoin community. It includes features beyond the basic wallet software, such as one-click minting and coin control. Future releases will contain a redesigned control panel, Peershares integration, and a dedicated Minting tab.[/quote]

I would take out “actively”, because of reverse psychology.

More importantly, “basic wallet software” confuses the issue, since we have not mentioned Peercoin-QT yet and, when we do, we do not refer to it as basic wallet software.

How about: “It includes features beyond the core protolcol wallet (below)”[/quote]
Agreed. Done, done, and done.

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:21, topic:2776”]I’m pretty sure I addressed it in chat already. But just for the sake of it being written somewhere permanent:

It is a bad compression algorithm in IE that causes it. However, to fix that I would have to convert images to the resolution in which they are displayed so they are not resized. Which in a responsive design is not an option, because the images have to be bigger than needed so they show up nicely on every screen size.

Only solution would be replacing those images with vectorized .svg-s, but I would have to acquire PeerUnity and paper wallet vectorized logos.[/quote]

I have no problem with the paper wallet logo. It’s just Peercoin and Peerunity. Have you downloaded both logo packages? Under the “Icon Only” folders there are .svg files…

Or is .svg-s different from .svg. If something needs to be made up to fix the problem, let me know and I’ll get our designer to make up the files you need.

:slight_smile: This will do. I was just talking about svg file format in plural. Thanks sent!

Hi, TheWildHorse

You are doing sterling work - thank you

Regarding the wallet page, you have the dark green download buttons, supplemented by light green elements that name the wallets that the dark green buttons refer to.

In view of Chronos’ new text, I feel it would be more efficient if the light green labels were removed and, instead, the dark green buttons were relabeled:

“Download Peerunity”
“Download Peercoin-QT”
“Download Paper Wallet”

This would consolidate the visual appearance of the buttons, and improve consistency in the language.

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:25, topic:2776”]Hi, TheWildHorse

You are doing sterling work - thank you

Regarding the wallet page, you have the dark green download buttons, supplemented by light green elements that name the wallets that the dark green buttons refer to.

In view of Chronos’ new text, I feel it would be more efficient if the light green labels were removed and, instead, the dark green buttons were relabeled:

“Download Peerunity”
“Download Peercoin-QT”
“Download Paper Wallet”

This would consolidate the visual appearance of the buttons, and improve consistency in the language.[/quote]
I think this is a fantastic suggestion.

Gentlemen

We have solved the Peerunity vs Peercoin-QT issue - but have a new conundrum, in that we have not defined this relationship vis-a-vis the paper wallet. If I may illustrate, what we are currently offering is the following:

Peerunity, recommended or Peercoin-QT or Paper Wallet

What we should be offering is (note the brackets):

(Peerunity, recommended or Peercoin-QT) plus Paper Wallet

I wonder whether the best way to resolve this is to include a new paragraph (after the first one, ending “…visit the Newcomer page”:

Peercoin has two desktop wallets, Peerunity and Peercoin-QT (we recommend Peerunity for most users). We also have a paper wallet.

I have implemented the vector icons, if you could check sentinel if it now looks fine. Also implemented roberts download button suggestion.

Yes, they’re fine now, thanks!

Hi, TheWildHorse

The “huge” wallet image I reported the other evening has now been fixed - the image is now the right size, regardless of whether my screen is maximised

There is another small matter, but something you might want to tweak. When I reduce the size of my screen, the wallet options go from three alongside each other, to one underneath each other; see here: http://i.imgur.com/GfC6y7I.png

Perhaps you could insert a line space underneath each of the green buttons? At the moment, the Peerunity button is right on top of the “Peercoin-QT” title, and the Peercoin-QT button is right on top of “Paper Wallet”.

Although the buttons are labelled, it is possible that someone might click the wrong button, so I think a bit of space would be good

Chronos

I refer to the two download links that hang of the wallet page:

http://igor-rinkovec.from.hr/clients/peercoin/download-peerunity
http://igor-rinkovec.from.hr/clients/peercoin/download

The headings are currently:
“Peerunity - The Peercoin Community Wallet”
“Peercoin-QT - The Official Peercoin Wallet”

These don’t quite reflect changes made recently to the descriptions on the main wallet page.
My view is that these headings can either be reduced:

Peerunity
Peercoin-QT

Or amended to:

“Peerunity - The Peercoin Community Wallet” (no change)
“Peercoin-QT - The Core Protolcol Wallet”

My own preference is the first option, because we have already introduced and explained Peerunity and Peercoin-QT on the main wallet page

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:31, topic:2776”]Chronos

I refer to the two download links that hang of the wallet page:

http://igor-rinkovec.from.hr/clients/peercoin/download-peerunity
http://igor-rinkovec.from.hr/clients/peercoin/download

The headings are currently:
“Peerunity - The Peercoin Community Wallet”
“Peercoin-QT - The Official Peercoin Wallet”

These don’t quite reflect changes made recently to the descriptions on the main wallet page.
My view is that these headings can either be reduced:

Peerunity
Peercoin-QT

Or amended to:

“Peerunity - The Peercoin Community Wallet” (no change)
“Peercoin-QT - The Core Protolcol Wallet”

My own preference is the first option, because we have already introduced and explained Peerunity and Peercoin-QT on the main wallet page[/quote]
Agreed. TWH, please shorten the headings to simply “Peerunity” and “Peercoin-QT”.

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:27, topic:2776”]Gentlemen

We have solved the Peerunity vs Peercoin-QT issue - but have a new conundrum, in that we have not defined this relationship vis-a-vis the paper wallet. If I may illustrate, what we are currently offering is the following:

Peerunity, recommended or Peercoin-QT or Paper Wallet

What we should be offering is (note the brackets):

(Peerunity, recommended or Peercoin-QT) plus Paper Wallet

I wonder whether the best way to resolve this is to include a new paragraph (after the first one, ending “…visit the Newcomer page”:

Peercoin has two desktop wallets, Peerunity and Peercoin-QT (we recommend Peerunity for most users). We also have a paper wallet.[/quote]
After considering this, I’d like to keep the content as-is. The page describes the purpose of each wallet, and I want to avoid adding too much text.

One thing, though – TWH, can you add a linebreak between Peercoin-QT and (core protocol)? The wordwrap doesn’t fall in the right place.

Thanks!

TWH, Sunny King sent me and Super3 an email…

"Matthew has done great work with his peercoin android wallet project. I think this project deserves more exposure on the peercoin website.

Best Regards!"

Is there any way we could add his Android wallet to this page? Here is the link to his wallet…

Will be added by the end of the day.

Changes have been applied to the GitHub repository, it should be live within minutes.

Thanks, TWH! That was quick. I’m sure RobertLloyd would like to weigh in on the descriptive text. :wink:

The descriptive text is excellent, but I am unable to contain myself from making a couple of suggestions - in bold:

A mobile Peercoin wallet that allows you to manage your Peercoins without carrying the entire blockchain on your mobile phone. It conserves precious space on your android device and allows you to take your coins with you, wherever you go.

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:38, topic:2776”]The descriptive text is excellent, but I am unable to contain myself from making a couple of suggestions - in bold:

A mobile Peercoin wallet that allows you to manage your Peercoins without carrying the entire blockchain on your mobile phone. It conserves precious space on your android device and allows you to take your coins with you, wherever you go.[/quote]

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

@TheWildHorse
I have saved my translation, so an update of Transifex is fine.

Perhaps a way to prevent people from having coins stolen from that scam online wallet would be to list a relatively trusted one such as https://bkchain.org/ppc/wallet on the website.