Peercoin Mining in 2018

Hi there,

I’ve just signed up to the forum, so a new figure around here.

The past few days I’ve been researching about the profitability of mining peercoins.
Several mining calculators and platforms like whattomine.com seem to show more or less the same: Mining peercoins as of now is a lot more profitable than mining Bitcoins for example.

I’m planning to get two ‘Bitmain Antminer S9’ machines with about 14TH/s of power. The electricity costs here are due to a special deal really low; about $1500 USD/year for the power needed for a S9.

What is your oppinion on that? Do you think mining peercoins makes more sense than mining bitcoins? Will it be profitable for 2018/2019 or will mining get that unimportant to the ecosystem of peercoin through it’s special system, that it won’t make sense thinking 1-2 years ahead?

Looking forward hearing about your oppinions.
Have a nice day!

Cheers,
swiss-mosquito

3 Likes

Keep the following in mind:

For each 16 times increase in the network, the proof-of-work block reward is halved.

It’s really hard to estimate. It will mostly depend on Peercoin’s price, I guess.

I see, thank you for the feedback.

What would your personal decision be regarding mining peercoin or bitcoin (or altcoins) with the plans of running these both machines 1-2 years?

My opinion: Buying now and speculating on price increase over the next 1-2 years would get you more PPC than mining will give you over the same time period.

1 Like

I think it would be better to hold off buying PPC for a month, and wait until Bitcoin crashes (in the new year? spring?) and then getting PPC - or at least spreading purchases

Edit - the above suggestion assumes one is buying with cash/dollars, etc. because the PPC price is presently high, along with bitcoin

If, however, one is buying with bitcoin, now is indeed a good time to buy, as the PPC is historically low in bitcoin terms

woo

Hello PPCoin fam,
My name is Luis. I’m new to the discussion forum, but have been involved with Peercoin mining since i began mining it 5 years ago on an android phone. I just have to comment on the positive result i experienced, and the fact that i was pleasantly surprised to see how much Peercoin has exponentially increased in value. You know that feeling you get when you just watched the Big Spin show and the #’ s match your ticket, so you scream, or yell out some loud tension relieving grunt, or whatever you do, sooner or later , the doubting side of the brain kicks in that tells you there has to be a catch right? I mean really, how many of you P2P coin peeps started mining BTC, or some other cryptos, like Peercoin, way back when?. I paid 0 dollars to begin mining on my already owned phone I used to begin “mining for dollars”! All it cost me to start was some time, All of it is the focus, and proper adherence to rules and regulations, and the ability to keep doing the necessary refreshes, maintaining the phone charged, as well as connected on wi-fi. This didn’t cost money. Just time and the constant awareness of the fact that the ongoing process, which costs time mainly. Not alot of time is required ,but back then it wasn’t yet as lucrative so keep your expectations low, but it is worth the minimal cost, because even when i actively stopped mining it, it continued accumulating Peercoin through the POS algo, and/or minting, either name it goes by, it is real, and i am not a paid sponsor, nor am i receiving anything for this commentary. I feel i owe so much gratitude to this crypto project team, and i hope you know that’s also real. I was also mining BTC on my laptop using another mining program. BTG MINER, FREE BTC MINER, are the ones i used. The both of them have proven to be wise choices, and those who are easily swayed, or have allowed doubters, or even our own families get in our heads , or they tell us its a scam, or haven’t you learned by now, blah, blah, etc… I haven’t sold any of it, nor do i plan to. In my original wallet, i have over 12K ppc, and that is not including any more i may have in other subsequent wallets, any Hard Fork benefits acquired by all PPC hodlers, as well as us poor folks just beginning to mine benefits that go with. Much more to praise, beginning with my Lord, and savior, Jesus Christ, but also i want to thank the Peercoin team. Without them, i wouldn’t be able to brag to my loved ones about how much genius i possess, as i smile when they ask me to help get them started! Thanks ! Oh, btw, i need some tech advice on the successful and secure transfer of them to my wallet. I hope you all prosper as much, or more, as i am with God ,first because everything good in this life begins and ends, with Him. If you make a choice, like i made back when it started to take-off, and don’t wait til its all gobbled up and dry, move on it! I recommend it highly, but keep in mind I also wish to hear about your positive results, and even if you haven’t realized the profits you hoped for yet, let me know that and I will do my best to help. Meanwhile, keep your axes, and shovels ,working for you on auto-pilot mostly, just refresh every 10,20 or 30 minutes, which is what i have seen are the times you must wait til you can receive more Peercoin. Sorry this is so long, but it’s a win for me that comes from a $0 usd cost if you use your only phone. So, as far as i am concerned, I say jump now. Any questions, or advice ,any, and all of you are welcome to ask me and I will respond. Next time i will be a lot more brief, i promise!
Sincerely grateful,
Luis G. Zapatero
(peerpresursamutha.gzap1)

1 Like