Peercoin Marketing Pitch Deck

Everyone,

I am for having first a clear marketing plan before thinking about the new website layout and other design.
This goes through a solid 1)Marketing Pitch Deck and 2) Promo stories.
For that, we need people officially in charge of Public Relation, Marketing and Writing (stories)
We already have a wonderful technical team.

As a reference, I would take the Storj team, lead by Peercoinist super3.
They have generated a beautiful pitch deck: http://t.co/muheURx5ko
and they have distributed clearly their team between engineering, marketing and story-writing.

Perhaps we could call upon him for help and contribution?

Peercoin has an opportunity to stand out of the crowd, because it is solid technically and Bitcoin is starting to show its issues, that Peercoin can solve.
This goes thru some good salesmanship = marketing and PR.

Anyone?

I would agree marketing and PR need to be achieved for the success of Peercoin. Right now is a prime time to get PR and Marketing on the ball. There are so many alt coins that are scams coming out its not even funny. Peercoin is not a scam coin and it has a purpose and a use but until those specifics are put in the face of the masses and explained and understood the BS rumors and speculation will continue. The community of Peerconers need to be made aware of all that is going on with Peercoin so they can spread it among the masses. Starting with social media like facebook, twitter, and any other platform out there that can be used at a zero to little cost to get started. Peercoin will stand out before the crowd as long as every implementation is planed and not pushed.

I worry copycats very much. After Peercoin implements cold-locked minting and sidechains, copycats will copy from Peercoin and change a few lines of codes. And then, copycats will declare that they are better than Peercoin.

How to prevent this happening?

Can we conside to delay to publish souce codes for some period such as 1 year or 2 years?

Storj with super3 sounds great, but do they have time? Could this be funded via Peer4commit?

Edit: Appears that it is already, in another thread.

[quote=“caribou, post:3, topic:2559”]I worry copycats very much. After Peercoin implements cold-locked minting and sidechains, copycats will copy from Peercoin and change a few lines of codes. And then, copycats will declare that they are better than Peercoin.

How to prevent this happening?

Can we conside to delay to publish souce codes for some period such as 1 year or 2 years?[/quote]

Let them do it, it won’t work. Clone won’t get recognition unless the original is really screwed up.

Instead of wasting time on lengthy discussions and having people in charge of things following their own agenda we are just going to enable the community to support the marketing. The soon to be launched Marketing Fund will just do that. I invite you to have a look at it and start thinking what you can do to get Peercoin promoted and submit a project (small or large) when the fund is launched and funded.

See the thread for all the details here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2980.0

Edit: and there is the thread for contributing to the development of the website: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2946.0