NeuCoin distribution program to PPC holders

[quote=“sabreiib, post:26, topic:3463”]1) I like competition, so Neucoin is wellcomed! Always remember this is free market, it’s ridiculous for Cypherpunk/financial liberalists to restrict the freedom of a new coin’s birth.

I know some big PPC holders fear of being overtaken by Neucoin and they dare not to face the truth that PPC has no scarcity at all.

Good artists copy, great artists steal!

Apparently quite some people here are not familar with the history of DOS/Macintosh/Microsoft/Apple/Xerox.

1. XPM holders are as many as PPCer, so give XPMer a Neu chance. :))

2. Premined 3 Billion Neucoin may be insufficient, I prefer infinite. As long as people can contribute to Neucoin, the old Neucoin holders can vote to produce more Neucoin for them. In my eyes, PoS coins should be “share” not “currency”.
    I like neucoins punishment on lazy holders(not mint) very much. One reason why PPC nodes are so few(only several hundreds after 3 years), is the too slight punishment.

4)I predict that Neucoin will overtake PPC within 2015. I’ve told you PPC holders that if you cannot introduce scarce resource(eg USD/BTC) into your system, you have no scarcity at all. Even Primecoin can maintain better scarcity than PPC.

1. In future when neucoin team copy&improve emeth’s message application and even sunny king’s side chain fruit, what can PPC holders do? You can just blame them, but history is not written in oral condemn. You are just Xerox and Neucoin may become Apple untill Neucoin becomes next Xerox.[/quote]

THANK YOU SABRE
NeuCoin also loves competition. It leads to better products and services. We believe the digital currency industry badly needed competition from entrepreneurs who understand consumer marketing and how to get a service adopted by the masses.
The reason facebook, google, apple etc are staying out of the space is the hostile/uncertain/changing regulatory environment (or really environments across all their geo markets).
This gives a window of opportunity.

[quote=“mably, post:40, topic:3463”]Hey Dan, we are not kids anymore and we can do whatever we want here :slight_smile:

We sure will have a look at NeuCoin source code as soon as it is released and see how we can improve peercoin from it.

In fact it has already begun as SK has started working on a fix about one of the point described in NeuCoin white paper.

I guess that we will work together on a technical side rather than on the financial side.[/quote]

Yes, agreed, at very least we will “work together” on technical side - it’s open source so we don’t have any choice! :smiley:
And I am positive that both PPC and NEU will be the better for it.
So Cheers to that.

XPY

What would your strategic advisor Jackson Palmer say?

twitter.com/ummjackson/status/550856702426247168

Paycoin: bad associations… I personally really would not recommend you to include XPY.

On the other hand: If ‘get rich quick people’ is what you want: Go for it!

Hi, Dan & Neu team

If Neu want to offer free newcoin, it is best done unconditionally. You are making the offer contingent on PPC “support” that might then be cited elsewhere (as you cite BTS/NXT here). People cannot make a choice under that condition

Sabreiib’s analysis is that Neu is a competitor to PPC, and a strong one. People here are “believers” in PPC, and so are likely to oppose/ignore Neu

That said, I will be reading Neu’s materials with interest - but I remain a supporter of PPC

Robert

Strategic Angels

NeuCoin’s Strategic Angels include several top tech, media and VC executives and entrepreneurs who have founded a number of successful consumer Internet companies that have sold for $100 million plus. Invited to invest based on their ability to forge partnerships and help drive consumer adoption, the Strategic Angels saw the potential for a freemium, consumer-friendly coin to reach consumers on a large scale.

What does that have to say?

[b]Invited[/b] to invest

???

[quote=“Gin, post:45, topic:3463”]

Invited to invest

???[/quote]

I would read that to mean they have already invested - not that they are still prospective investors

[quote=“Gin, post:45, topic:3463”]

Strategic Angels

NeuCoin’s Strategic Angels include several top tech, media and VC executives and entrepreneurs who have founded a number of successful consumer Internet companies that have sold for $100 million plus. Invited to invest based on their ability to forge partnerships and help drive consumer adoption, the Strategic Angels saw the potential for a freemium, consumer-friendly coin to reach consumers on a large scale.

What does that have to say?

[b]Invited[/b] to invest

???[/quote]

Yep exactly Robert!

“Invited to invest” means that the investors that we invited to participate in the early investment round were those in our network that we felt have the best ability to forge partnerships and help drive mainstream consumer adoption. The people that have accepted our invitation and actually invested in the angel round a few months ago are the ones listed on our website: http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#angels

You say nxt shares etc community has had opposite response to your offering of distribution to these community. Can you link the relevant discussion threads here please for clarity.

Never turn away a free meal! I’m with ppcman if you want to distribute to ppc holders ill put my name forward for a share, but what do you expect to happen to the coins once free market open and trading begins?

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but this plate is empty…

Arguably this is not a Peercoin discussion.

The proposed tiny drop of NeuCoin to PPC was obviously intended so that it could target our audience and our forums in exchange for keeping the discussion alive.

That’s fine initially.

But now it’s becoming a circular discussion that focuses now about Neucoin’s merits which makes this thread now exist in the wrong category.

Please lock this thread. OR MOVE IT to the appropriate category..

We really do have discussions “about Peercoin” that belong in the “Peercoin Discussion” category that need attention.

Why do you continue to parade Mike’s name around like this? It confuses people and I’m sure it has hurt Mike’s reputation with some that may have gotten the wrong idea. As far as I’m aware, all Mike did was answer some questions of yours about potential attacks. I don’t think that qualifies him as your technical advisor. Has he given you permission to use his name constantly like this in promotions?[/quote]

Yes I have agreed to be a technical advisor for Neucoin. That doesn’t change my involvement in Peercoin (or in Nu, for that matter, or all the other projects I’m working on).

Hope it works out for you Sigmike.

One request. It’s a technicality, so hopefully you can advise Neucoin of it.

The one sentence that annoyed me was this one in their Strategic Plan posted on their website:

Strategic Advisors include […] the core developer of Peercoin.

[size=12pt]the[/size] core developer of Peercoin.

As if you are THE core developer of Peercoin. There’s no Sunny King, there is no one else doing commits, just you.

Wow! No love from Dogecoin :-*

[quote=“Gin, post:53, topic:3463”]Wow! No love from Dogecoin :-*

[quote=“ppcman, post:52, topic:3463”]The one sentence that annoyed me was this one in their Strategic Plan posted on their website:

As if you are THE core developer of Peercoin. There’s no Sunny King, there is no one else doing commits, just you.[/quote]

I replied to Dan’s message in the Dogecoin thread and asked him to make it clear in his strategic plan that Michael is NOT the creator of proof-of-stake or Peercoin. This is very misleading. Everything I see from these people reeks of fakeness, using half truths and pretending to care about other communities by offering them bread crumbs. It’s very disappointing to see play out. I’m glad not everyone is falling for it. Here is my reply…

Hi FuzzyBear!
Here are the different threads on this subject that you can check:

Maybe not a standing ovation, but certainly not so strong negative reactions :slight_smile:

[quote=“ppcman, post:52, topic:3463”]One request. It’s a technicality, so hopefully you can advise Neucoin of it.

The one sentence that annoyed me was this one in their Strategic Plan posted on their website:

As if you are THE core developer of Peercoin. There’s no Sunny King, there is no one else doing commits, just you.[/quote]

Hi ppcman and Sentinelrv, agreed that this should be definitely corrected. I’m sorry for any previous posts on our part that were making this mistake.
I’ve been looking for occurrences of “Peercoin” in our Strategic plan and couldn’t find any mention of Sigmike as being the creator of Peercoin and proof-of-stake. Please let me know if I’m wrong, as it is indeed something that needs to be corrected.

I’m very sorry you are feeling this way, and I’m not sure how this “reeks of fakeness” comes from. Maybe we haven’t been communicating or available so far to answer your questions. It’s fine if you do not believe in the NeuCoin project, no harm in this :slight_smile: But so far, I think we’ve been here to truthfully answer comments (positive and negative).

[quote=“Dan Kaufman, post:39, topic:3463”]It is amazing how PPC holders have the exact opposite view of that expressed by holders of BTS, NXT and XPY. Truly fascinating from a psychological/sociological perspective.
Other communities are like: “free money? great, thanks!” “You’re spending time and money defending and promoting PoS… thanks!” and “What else can we do together?”[/quote]

Hi FuzzyBear!
Here are the different threads on this subject that you can check:

Maybe not a standing ovation, but certainly not so strong negative reactions :)[/quote]

Just wanted to add the XPY/Paycoin forum link, as it was the missing one of those mentioned. Also, it made me chuckle.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/36608/neucoin-distribution-program-to-paycoin-holders/10

Jackson Palmer is a bitch!

https://twitter.com/ummjackson/status/591272772652830720

[quote=“Sandrine, post:55, topic:3463”]Hi ppcman and Sentinelrv, agreed that this should be definitely corrected. I’m sorry for any previous posts on our part that were making this mistake.
I’ve been looking for occurrences of “Peercoin” in our Strategic plan and couldn’t find any mention of Sigmike as being the creator of Peercoin and proof-of-stake. Please let me know if I’m wrong, as it is indeed something that needs to be corrected.[/quote]

Do a search for “Strategic investors include”

Find where it says “the developer of Peercoin” <— this is the problem

Change to this: “one of the Peercoin developers.”

This will give the notion there are multiple Peercoin developers (it’s true), and not just one.

If I had it my way, I’d even say:

“one particular developer who has previously contributed to Peercoin’s code”

That’d be even more politically correct.

Ok thanks ppcman, I will see that it is changed.

I also saw Sentinelrv’s post on our forum:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/the-inventor-of-peercoin-proof-of-stake-is-not-an-advisor-for-neucoin-please-alter-the-text-in-your-strategic-plan/580

"Hello, in your strategic plan Michael Witrant is listed as a strategic advisor on your team. The title listed under Michael’s name is “Peercoin Core Developer.” While this title is correct within the Peercoin community, Sigmike is not “THE” core developer. He is “A” core developer. Sunny King is the architect behind proof-of-stake and Peercoin, not Sigmike.

Your current text is misleading people into thinking that the creator and architect of Peercoin is advising the Neucoin team, which couldn’t be further from the truth. People unaware of Sunny King will take “Peercoin Core Developer” to mean that Sigmike is the creator of Peercoin. This is misleading and we in the Peercoin community do not appreciate these marketing half truths. I have been approached about this by people in our community who are angered about it, so we ask that the Neucoin team change the title text or add on to make it absolutlely clear that Micheal is not the creator of proof-of-stake or Peercoin."

I’ll see about this change. Our wording is indeed:
Michaël Witrant
Peercoin Core Developer

We never thought this would be misleading, this indicates in no way that Sigmike is the inventor of Proof-of-Stake or the sole developer of Peercoin. Anyway, our goal is to collaborate with you, so we’ll see how this can be rephrased so that it suits the Peercoin community.

ppcman’s wording suggestions are most preferable. It’s not that we don’t appreciate Sigmike. It’s that we want there to be absolutely no confusion about who is advising Neucoin. It cannot in any way appear that the head or core developer of Peercoin supports Neucoin.