I’ve been following the project for a longtime and have never had a problem upgrading until v0.9. Please help with what I’m missing. Here’s what I’ve always done.
- Backup wallet from obsolete QT client (v0.8 in this case)
- Install new QT client (v0.9)
- run new QT client till blockchain current
- locate this folder: C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Peercoin\wallets
- delete “wallet.dat” file, copy and paste old wallet.dat file from v0.8 QT client
This time I’m getting an error that my .dat file is corrupted. I’m also noticing that the new wallet file is 1.3mb, whereas my old wallet file was only ~200kb.
At this point, all I have is my old wallet backup file and password. Any suggestions?