[MF] Video: How to Use a Peercoin Exchange [passed]

This thread has been posted several times on Twitter, Reddit, in the chatbox, on IRC and on ecoining chatbox. I really start to be worried about the number of active peercoiners… :-/ Or maybe we have to re-evaluate our comm strategy.[/quote]

It is a problem but it has always been the case… not sure if it has gotten worse recently or if there was just less interest in this particular proposal for whatever reason. It might be worth considering lowering the requirements for voting to allow more newer members to vote, as many of the older members are spending a lot of time working on other projects so maybe don’t check these threads as much.

I would have voted with a resounding ‘yes’, but I am not yet eligible.

I have enjoyed every video by Chronos, and felt them to be informative and educational.

There may have been less interest. I spoke with one community member who wasn’t in favor, because he didn’t like that BTC-e dominates PPC volume, so he didn’t want a video to support it. Ironically, not voting is the most effective veto – a “no” vote brings the total votes closer to the minimum 8, which could make success more likely.

Thank you! I will strive to exceed your expectations. :slight_smile:

There may have been less interest. I spoke with one community member who wasn’t in favor, because he didn’t like that BTC-e dominates PPC volume, so he didn’t want a video to support it. Ironically, not voting is the most effective veto – a “no” vote brings the total votes closer to the minimum 8, which could make success more likely.[/quote]
The voting process is far from perfect, but it is the best we have while keeping it simple. Not in favor of lowering threshold, if no interest of the ‘older’ members can be generated, maybe it shouldn’t pass as being not important enough. Everyone can lobby and PM other members if they think it is appropriate.

Thank you! I will strive to exceed your expectations. :)[/quote]
Looking forward to that.

The video is launched! Using an Exchange to Buy and Sell Peercoins

I’ve issued the Github pull request to embed this video in the Exchanges portion of peercoin.net. See https://github.com/super3/peercoin.net/pull/224

Thank you!

[quote=“Chronos, post:45, topic:3383”]The video is launched! Using an Exchange to Buy and Sell Peercoins

I’ve issued the Github pull request to embed this video in the Exchanges portion of peercoin.net. See https://github.com/super3/peercoin.net/pull/224

Thank you![/quote]
Just watched and it looks good and thanks for the pull request. Hope the powers that be will get it on the website soon.
Just one thing; the audio volume seems to be a bit low comparable to other videos. Not a big thing though.

Anyway that earns you $250 / 0.36 (BTC-e) = 694.44 PPC. Will transfer that through peer4commit in next 30 minutes.

Received, thank you!

You are correct – the volume is lower. YouTube doesn’t currently support volume adjustments in its video edit toolset, but I’ll be sure to go back and boost the volume when the feature is added.

Thanks for the feedback!