[MF] peercoin.net and Peerunity translators

This is not addressed by this proposal on purpose to avoid hinting two users (that could be the same person) checking in for the extra reward.

At the moment the second applicant in time for the second language on Peerunity will be listed as a validator, if required to speed things up I will open another proposal for reward, but at the moment and considering that very little work has to be done to validate a translation for Peerunity on getlocalization I don’t think a bounty is necessary.

Having a complete translation is already a big step forward, we will think about what’s next after we have the full translations for Peerunity.

The public Chinese version of last year peercoin.net was translated by me, but he didn’t send me the bounty that he promised after I submitted it.

Anyway, I would like to translate the new website if it’s not been translated.

I vote yes for this proposal. We need to spread PPC tech and let the mass learn more about it.

Validation is not a lot of work if the translation is good. Validation does sometimes require the validater to understand which instance of a string is for which context, which might not be a trivial task. A full validation also needs a lot of tedius mouse clicking, which I think could be improved by a better designed page.

Oh, why not put “The translation should re-use bitcoin translation to the same language if possible” in the requirement? I have seen in several places where ppcoin-qt has different translation from bitcoin-qt and the bitcoin-qt translation is almost always better, not to say the bitcoin wallet is the de facto industry standard.

Sounds good, added!

I vote yes for this translation bounty proposal.

I vote: Yes :slight_smile:

I like this proposal which will help to get PPC more mainstream across the world.

So I vote yes.

When this proposal passes, I will setup another Peer4commit project and transfer the requested funds and release the appropriate bounty only after I have received approval from Glock.

Just to clarify my understanding is that bounties can only be provided for work after the date this proposal passes and until the fund is exhausted. So I think it would be important to let Glock know you are working on something and checking whether you are still eligible for a bounty in advance.

That’s correct. See also, from the proposal:

[quote=“GLock, post:1, topic:2931”]Deadlines

From application the translator has three weeks (21 days) to complete and submit the translation work in full on Transifex Explore Projects peercoin.net and http://www.getlocalization.com/Peerunity/ to be eligible for the bounty.[/quote]

From application the translator has three weeks (21 days) to complete and submit the translation work in full on Transifex Explore Projects peercoin.net and http://www.getlocalization.com/Peerunity/ to be eligible for the bounty.[/quote][/quote]
Thanks Chronos, just wanted to set expectation clear as the last thing I want to happen is to have people disappointed.

From application the translator has three weeks (21 days) to complete and submit the translation work in full on Transifex Explore Projects peercoin.net and http://www.getlocalization.com/Peerunity/ to be eligible for the bounty.[/quote][/quote]
Thanks Chronos, just wanted to set expectation clear as the last thing I want to happen is to have people disappointed.[/quote]

Thanks for bringing it up Cybnate, I think any bounty shouldn’t be retroactive and it’s important to point it out.

I vote yes.

Edit: By the way, I edited the first post to fix a broken link.

I vote yes

I vote yes.

I vote yes.

We need one more peervoter for this to pass, somebody who has over 20 karma.

Vote: Yes :slight_smile:

Fantastic everyone, thanks for voting and the great feedback throughout!

I am looking forward to have all of this done!

Don’t celebrate too early. We should wait till the deadline which is Friday, 5 PM UTC. More people may wish to vote either Yes or No even though it looks unlikely to change the outcome of the voting.
Vote counting will happen at closure time.

Although I think 30ppcs for peercoin.net translation is a bit low I ll vote YES.