Lost about 40 BTC in PPC

Should be, if you can hold until NuBits is released :slight_smile:

No one can know how Peercoinā€™s future will look like.
But you can try to estimate it, guess it, based on the facts, the development, the overall situation.
The current price per PPC is low. If I had money left, which I could afford to lose, Iā€™d buy even more PPC. I could sell my PPC as well and wouldnā€™t have lost much. I may even have won some USD.
But I will keep my PPC.
I see a bright future for PPC. I donā€™t know whether or not this future becomes reality.
The PoS in difference to PoW makes me believe in the long-term sustainability of the security (my RaPi can run forever causing only little energy costs and if it breaks a new one costs roughly USD 50).
NuBits is great and in difference to other ambitious projects almost finished and working well in what it is intended to do.
PPC could fail although it might be more sophisticated than other crypto coin ideas; I doubt it does that.
I expect PPC to prosper.
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m going to hold my PPC and wonā€™t care about ā€œlossesā€.
PPC is more than just for making money with it. PPC is continuing what BTC started: to make the world free or at least a bit more free from central banks etc.!
If you are all about making money, start your own pump&dump coin :wink:

Nice!

Iā€™ve bought another few thousand PPC over the last few days in a combination of BTC and USD trades. Some of it around $1.4 and the rest at about 0.002 BTC, not as good as last year when I was picking them up for effectively $0.50 :smiley:

I will buy another 20k PPC if the price drop to $0.5, which is very unlikely.

Thatā€™s impossible. I am sure $1.3 is the iron bottom.

Just stop selling and constantly buy small amounts :slight_smile: (or buy your 20k ppc now 8))

Iā€™m down 50% on PPC,
down 80% on Mastercoin.
Iā€™ll hold on as there is an uneasy calm in the global financial system.

I bought a few hundred so far and watching for opportunity to buy a few more k, average price about 1.7 USD for what I have so Iā€™m technically down too, but I think as is the fundamentals can easily warrant at least the previous peak of 8 USD or so. What Iā€™m excited to see is the development; the issues I think need to be solved are the transaction fee, checkpoint, and blockchain (needs an auto-prune mechanism!), with improvements in these areas the sky is the limit.

At this point there is so much skepticism that I donā€™t think diversifying into NXT will matter much. PPC has a headstart, itā€™s basically PoS, and it can be traded freely right now.

This is so true! Never thought of this, but yes PPC is coping with constant selling pressure which makes the price more realistic and stable, and the coin stronger in the long run than those 100% pos coins.

If PoW is not used any more to secure blockchain then I think it should be abolished, PoW creates inflation and inflation is bad.

Inflation is good.

Inflation is good.[/quote]

You should stick to the dollar then :). There is a lot economists on each side in this argument inflation-deflation, Satoshi himself believe that inflation is bad thatā€™s why he designed bitcoin to have 0% inflation. Starting inflation in bitcoin is necessary evil with only purpose to secure blockchain until there is enough momentum to move to transaction fees only. I tend to agree with his design regarding inflation.

Inflation is good.[/quote]

I think the ā€œinflationā€ here refers to the totally transparent inflation of PPC, not those randomly manipulated fiat inflation.

A little Inflation is always good and fiat inflation also isnā€™t random.