Lost about 40 BTC in PPC

I have invested 80 BTC in PPC a few months ago when I discover PPC. (At the time I was also thinking about put some investment on NXT, but decided not to after finding NXT’s poor distribution) Unfortunately, my PPC now only worths about 40 BTC.
However, I still have faith in PPC and the community. I will not sell any of my PPC. Hopefully, PPC’s cold locked minting could become true soon and Sunny could remove the checkpoint, and then I believe PPC will rise up huge. Keep up the good work Sunny King and the PPC team!!

My BTC & PPC purchases are about four-tenths down in value (bought in Feb). It’s a bit of a pain, but the best way to deal with it is forget the fiat value, and consider it an investment in the future. If PPC takes off, it will be the best financial decision of our lives.

[quote=“Percy520, post:1, topic:2548”]I have invested 80 BTC in PPC a few months ago when I discover PPC. (At the time I was also thinking about put some investment on NXT, but decided not to after finding NXT’s poor distribution) Unfortunately, my PPC now only worths about 40 BTC.
However, I still have faith in PPC and the community. I will not sell any of my PPC. Hopefully, PPC’s cold locked minting could become true soon and Sunny could remove the checkpoint, and then I believe PPC will rise up huge. Keep up the good work Sunny King and the PPC team!![/quote]

Pretty much all crypto’s are down on where they were a few months ago.

November 2013 was the good days, when we touched $8 a PPC on BTC-E! We’ll get back there but given that Bitcoin is up 6 - 8x on where it was this time last year I wouldn’t worry too much… It’s not a loss until you realise it!

The worst thing you can do is try to buy and sell the falling market, I’ve lost a few thousand PPC trying to do this on the fall from $6 in Jan and I really wish I’d just cold locked all my coins and gone on holiday!

yeap, just forget about them, just use them for minting and that’s all :wink:
then go out have fun or work hard for crypto-environment. well actually do both ;D

keep on smiling ;D I’m down 70BTC from the peak

You’re not alone. From the peak last year, I’m currently down around $200,000. :omg:

My initial investment was around $6,000-$7,000, so I’m still incredibly in the positive. I could have sold at the peak, but I believe in Peercoin’s future, so I just put them in cold storage rather than trade with them and help the community out as much as I can. We’ll get back there and even higher. It will just take time.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:6, topic:2548”]You’re not alone. From the peak last year, I’m currently down around $200,000. :omg:

My initial investment was around $6,000-$7,000, so I’m still incredibly in the positive. I could have sold at the peak, but I believe in Peercoin’s future, so I just put them in cold storage rather than trade with them and help the community out as much as I can. We’ll get back there and even higher. It will just take time.[/quote]
Our story is quite different mate. My initial investment was $80k and now only worth less than $25k, not only PPC gone down against BTC, but also BTC against FIAT. I wish I am an early adopter like you guys so even PPC gone down a lot but will still in profit.

I lost 60% of value. Now, I am 75% on minting and 25% on cold storage in exchange. Recently, I have started to buy a little more.

Hahahaha!!!.. Well, I don’t want to even put forward any numbers. I might scare myself!

But, if you haven’t sold you haven’t realized a loss (or gain). I suspect Marc Andresseen isn’t paying that much attention to the count right now either because his venture capital investments are probably down some Tens of millions of dollars if he had to sell them right now. But he doesn’t have to sell right now, and neither do you or I. So, counting losses at this time only serves to depress us and create the desire to sell, which I think you don’t want to do. At least, I’m sure, I don’t.

If you haven’t sold, your investment could potentially go up. Way, Way up!

In my guesstimation, selling right now would be bad. I do empathize a bit with the guy, Laslo, who made the famous first purchases of pizza for bitcoin. Two pizzas delivered, approximate value ~$25 for 10,000 bitcoins. My understanding is he made this buy several times, so he was selling his bitcoin and losing his upside potential. Current value about Six Million dollars spent each time he bought pizza. That potential upside for him is forever gone because he sold his coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

On the other hand how about the lucky schmuck who was trying to sell 10,000 BTC for $50 but he didn’t sell them because everyone thought he was asking way too much! Poor guy had to keep his ~$6 million dollars worth of bitcoin because no one wanted them - at least not at the extremely high price of fifty whole dollars! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92.0

So, I’m not selling. And, hey if it all turns into a loss, I’ve had bigger ones. But, I think Peercoin has real potential. The question in my mind is: The price has come down quite a bit, is this the best buying opportunity? Or, will the price come down even more for an even better buying opportunity? 8)

There will be a day when an early adopter of Peercoin is defined as one who had invested in PPC before it reached parity with BTC.

Enduring some virtual losses here, but have been lucky to have bought some coins around $1 mark, but also many higher. Weighted average is around $2,20 for all my PPC (not that many), so maybe I have to buy a few more to reduce my weighted average further 8) Anyway, not selling at all. With all those new developments under way the only way is up :wink:

[quote=“Percy520, post:7, topic:2548”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:6, topic:2548”]You’re not alone. From the peak last year, I’m currently down around $200,000. :omg:

My initial investment was around $6,000-$7,000, so I’m still incredibly in the positive. I could have sold at the peak, but I believe in Peercoin’s future, so I just put them in cold storage rather than trade with them and help the community out as much as I can. We’ll get back there and even higher. It will just take time.[/quote]
Our story is quite different mate. My initial investment was $80k and now only worth less than $25k, not only PPC gone down against BTC, but also BTC against FIAT. I wish I am an early adopter like you guys so even PPC gone down a lot but will still in profit.[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, that $6,000-$7,000 is all I had. Actually, it wasn’t even mine. By luck, I got a car loan around the same time I found out about Peercoin. I figured the car could wait and bought Peercoins with the loan money instead. I also currently work in a dead end factory job without air conditioning and Summer is starting to heat up! Before getting into Peercoin, with my job I could only dream of having $80k to invest in something. I was simply in the right situation at the right time and with the right belief that cryptocurrency would be important in the future.

I pretty much spend all my time at my real job, (because I need to pay the rent) here (because this is my future) and sleeping. Take a look at the forum stats and you’ll see that I’ve spent 32 days alone on this forum in the past year and this doesn’t even include time spent on the subreddit, Facebook, Twitter and BitcoinTalk. I do this because I have no backup plan. My only other option is working at a dead end factory job for the rest of my life and I can’t have that be my future. You guys here are like my support group. You help keep me from losing my mind because of the overwhelming amount of work I deal with! :stuck_out_tongue:

If Peercoin is ever in a value position where I can safely quit my job, I’ll be in a much better situation. I’d actually have some time to relax and do what Sunny says, have fun! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for the rant, long day at work.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:12, topic:2548”][quote=“Percy520, post:7, topic:2548”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:6, topic:2548”]You’re not alone. From the peak last year, I’m currently down around $200,000. :omg:

Our story is quite different mate. My initial investment was $80k and now only worth less than $25k, not only PPC gone down against BTC, but also BTC against FIAT. I wish I am an early adopter like you guys so even PPC gone down a lot but will still in profit.[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, that $6,000-$7,000 is all I had. Actually, it wasn’t even mine. By luck, I got a car loan around the same time I found out about Peercoin. I figured the car could wait and bought Peercoins with the loan money instead. I also currently work in a dead end factory job without air conditioning and Summer is starting to heat up! Before getting into Peercoin, with my job I could only dream of having $80k to invest in something. I was simply in the right situation at the right time and with the right belief that cryptocurrency would be important in the future.

I pretty much spend all my time at my real job, (because I need to pay the rent) here (because this is my future) and sleeping. Take a look at the forum stats and you’ll see that I’ve spent 32 days alone on this forum in the past year and this doesn’t even include time spent on the subreddit, Facebook, Twitter and BitcoinTalk. I do this because I have no backup plan. My only other option is working at a dead end factory job for the rest of my life and I can’t have that be my future. You guys here are like my support group. You help keep me from losing my mind because of the overwhelming amount of work I deal with! :stuck_out_tongue:

If Peercoin is ever in a value position where I can safely quit my job, I’ll be in a much better situation. I’d actually have some time to relax and do what Sunny says, have fun! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for the rant, long day at work.[/quote]

Hi Sentinelrv, I did note your huge contribution to the peercoin community and do appreciate your hard work. Let’s hope PPC will shine soon!!

Percy520: I have invested 80 BTC in PPC a few months ago when I discover PPC. Unfortunately, my PPC now only worths about 40 BTC.
RobertLloyd: My BTC & PPC purchases are about four-tenths down in value
Romerun: I’m down 70BTC from the peak
Sentinelrv: I’m currently down around $200,000
Caribou: I lost 60% of value.

The light at the end of the tunnel:

[b]NewMoneyEra [/b]
In my guesstimation, selling right now would be bad. I do empathize a bit with the guy, Laslo, who made the famous first purchases of pizza for bitcoin. Two pizzas delivered, approximate value ~$25 for 10,000 bitcoins. My understanding is he made this buy several times, so he was selling his bitcoin and losing his upside potential. Current value about Six Million dollars spent each time he bought pizza. That potential upside for him is forever gone because he sold his coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

To be honest, anyone that re-evaluates themselves at the “floor price”, can easily look at the future as being bleak.

The current trading price of $1.61 USD per PPC is super cheap. Expect that to be $3 to $5 in 2014 in my opinion on a conservative estimate.

It’s frustrating and amusing at the same time. While the price is super low, no one has lost anything, unless you sell your coins at this abnormally low price.

i believe ppc to surpass ltc at least. i mean, what ltc is offerring more than ppc than
a wider adoption!?

I don’t know the fair value of any coin. So I do not convert one coin in any other value. In my world, as long as I do not trade, I loose or win nothing. As one said above, a realized gain is a real gain, and a realized loss is a real loss.

Hint: Distribute your wealth in reasonable portions into coins, that you really believe in. Rebalance from time to time, then you will never loose. Example:
60% BTC
10% PPC
5% XPM
10% LTC
10% NMC
5% BCN

eh peercoin is the looooongggg game, there are no other store of wealth backbone coins…nxt may have been a competitor…but its doing too many other things.

I think people should also keep in mind that unlike all the other top contenders PPC is under constant selling pressure from SHA-256 miners tying to pay their bills. Conversely, the price of NXT is determined entirely by demand.

I came here going “oh no! I bet you still have them if you still have your wallet.dat!” :))

but then I was like “oh no, he’s talking about speculations.”

this means a lot less coming from me because I don’t have as much to invest, but for what it’s worth, I love the positive attitudes here.

Crypto’s fluctuate, people get cold feet and freak out when they see bitcoin go up a little. Loose hands. Fundamentals are here, chin up guys.

Athought I lost more than 40btc, I have bought another 3000PPC at just 0.002BTC today. Hopefully this would turn out to be a great decision!!!