Looking for peercoin.net and Peerunity translators - Payment in PPC! [CLOSED]

I’ve pm’ed him :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[quote=“glv, post:40, topic:2968”]In order not to lose any translated string, the update process could be:
1 - Pull the translated strings from getlocalization in the locale files of peerunity
2 - Add the new strings of the source code in the locale files using the lupdate tool
3 - Push the updated locale files to getlocalization

I don’t know how pulling/pushing files works on getlocalization, but maybe this update process could be done automatically (or semi-automatically)…[/quote]

That would work well if between step 2 and 3 no new translation is allowed to be added to getglobalization. Otherwise we will have the situation in step 3 of my post

Before 0.1.1 is put on getlocalization, translation of B is updated on getlocalization.
which I think is the situation we have now. I am not clear what rolliing process means exactly in Ben's remark.

Is it ok to mix up the following strings?
Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> Last Updated:
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> second ago
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> seconds ago

Last Updated: 9 seconds ago
would be in German:
zuletzt aktualisiert: vor 9 Sekunden

This would result in:
Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> zuletzt aktualisiert: vor
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> Sekunde
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> Sekunden

[quote=“bobbybb, post:44, topic:2968”]Is it ok to mix up the following strings?

would be in German:

This would result in:
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> Sekunden[/quote]

We could ask The White Horse to rearrange the counter for your language if is not possible to translate it in another way in German.

As you can see from the homepage the counter is by default in front of second / seconds ago

For the wallet, qt handles plurals this way
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/i18n-source-translation.html#handling-plurals

For the wallet, qt handles plurals this way
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/i18n-source-translation.html#handling-plurals[/quote]

Quite a useful reference, thanks mhps

Hi br0nevik, almost a week has passed since signing up for the russian translation, I just want to check that you’ve managed to sign up in getlocalization and transifex to start translating. If you have any problem don’t hesitate to ask for help here in the forum!

As a reminder, you still have time until the deadline that is on the 4th of November.

I have finished translating peercoin.net to Arabic .

please tell me how and when will the reviewing be done?

Here is some notes i wish to be considered:

1- Arabic is a very rich and complicated language so disagreement between translators about which word to be used and which is the best way to phrase the meaning is very common, However. i did my best to choose the most adequate, sophisticated and accurate translation, reviewing tens of resources.

2- Some of the technical words like cryptography doesn’t have a consensus about its translation, but i reviewed lots of translations and justifications to those translations before choosing one, reviewer may review the Arabic wikipedia and the Arabeyes community of open software translators, as those were the main resources i relied on, and please contact me to ask about any thing any time here or my gmail.

http://arabeyes.org/

3- Other terms like POS doesn’t have any translation so i put my own one and i can argue about the reason i translated like that, i also intend to create an arabic wikipedia pages for the POS and Peercoin and other project related to peercoin ecosystem to spread the idea as long as the arabic translation used in the official site so every Arabic user can search those terms and find further explanations.

4- Arabic is avery unique language and translating wont be perfect without the site developer participation:
A - the Arabic counting system is more complicated than single and plural, the site developer must use this formula if he wants the time counter in the home page to be right : http://arabeyes.org/Plural_Forms this will require some extra strings which i have no problem to provide. (this apply also on peerunity)
B - some of the strings are not provided to translating, I don’t mind the labels as peerunity and peershares in developers page to stay untranslated as i provided their translation in the strings beneath them, but the " quick start guide " png and the descriptions of exchanges should be translated.
C- Arabic is written from the right to the left so i really encourage the developer to rearrange the pages elements (images labels and texts) or it will looks ugly and arabic users will feel like the site doesn,t care.
D- I used the tags provided with the strings in my translation, but since arabic is wrote from the reverse direction, this may cause some mess, so please lets discuss how to address this problem.
5- reviewer may review these instructions from the Arabeyes community :
translation standards: http://arabeyes.org/معايير_الترجمة
translation names: http://arabeyes.org/تعريب_الأسماء

As for Peerunity it will take longer because of lots of Bitcoin core strings which are more technical than the site and demand longer research, and i dont even see it on the user interface!

thank you and please contact me for any question and let me know once the review is done.

Donations are appreciated:
Peercoin > PUS755eXHbEo4bLaHAaTPNegZAtrZrhKHA
Bitcoin > 1LxTzW3NMBuM9eSQQ2hyMThhmaU7KpgovN

[quote=“GLock, post:45, topic:2968”][quote=“bobbybb, post:44, topic:2968”]Is it ok to mix up the following strings?

would be in German:

This would result in:

We could ask The White Horse to rearrange the counter for your language if is not possible to translate it in another way in German.

As you can see from the homepage the counter is by default in front of second / seconds ago[/quote]

The Bitcoin.de counter:

word to word translation:
Data update prior: 5 seconds

If those 3 stings:

are only used for the counter then adding vor (prior) to Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> Last Updated: would be sufficient (it would not create a problem somewhere else).

You could of course also add an additional string element for vor (prior) before the dynamic counter value.

[quote=“bobbybb, post:44, topic:2968”]Last Updated: 9 seconds ago
would be in German:

This would result in:

Looking at the website, I think this would work without any changes from TheWildHorse.

[quote=“teeneagle, post:49, topic:2968”]I have finished translating peercoin.net to Arabic .

please tell me how and when will the reviewing be done?

Here is some notes i wish to be considered:

1- Arabic is a very rich and complicated language so disagreement between translators about which word to be used and which is the best way to phrase the meaning is very common, However. i did my best to choose the most adequate, sophisticated and accurate translation, reviewing tens of resources.

2- Some of the technical words like cryptography doesn’t have a consensus about its translation, but i reviewed lots of translations and justifications to those translations before choosing one, reviewer may review the Arabic wikipedia and the Arabeyes community of open software translators, as those were the main resources i relied on, and please contact me to ask about any thing any time here or my gmail.

http://arabeyes.org/

3- Other terms like POS doesn’t have any translation so i put my own one and i can argue about the reason i translated like that, i also intend to create an arabic wikipedia pages for the POS and Peercoin and other project related to peercoin ecosystem to spread the idea as long as the arabic translation used in the official site so every Arabic user can search those terms and find further explanations.

4- Arabic is avery unique language and translating wont be perfect without the site developer participation:
A - the Arabic counting system is more complicated than single and plural, the site developer must use this formula if he wants the time counter in the home page to be right : http://arabeyes.org/Plural_Forms this will require some extra strings which i have no problem to provide. (this apply also on peerunity)
B - some of the strings are not provided to translating, I don’t mind the labels as peerunity and peershares in developers page to stay untranslated as i provided their translation in the strings beneath them, but the " quick start guide " png and the descriptions of exchanges should be translated.
C- Arabic is written from the right to the left so i really encourage the developer to rearrange the pages elements (images labels and texts) or it will looks ugly and arabic users will feel like the site doesn,t care.
D- I used the tags provided with the strings in my translation, but since arabic is wrote from the reverse direction, this may cause some mess, so please lets discuss how to address this problem.
5- reviewer may review these instructions from the Arabeyes community :
translation standards: http://arabeyes.org/معايير_الترجمة
translation names: http://arabeyes.org/تعريب_الأسماء

As for Peerunity it will take longer because of lots of Bitcoin core strings which are more technical than the site and demand longer research, and i dont even see it on the user interface!

thank you and please contact me for any question and let me know once the review is done.

Donations are appreciated:
Peercoin > PUS755eXHbEo4bLaHAaTPNegZAtrZrhKHA
Bitcoin > 1LxTzW3NMBuM9eSQQ2hyMThhmaU7KpgovN[/quote]

Thank you for the comprehensive feedback, everything you said will be taken in consideration during the validation process.
At the moment the validation is in progress, as soon as finished, you will be able to see the result and the reference link on the table in the first post.

For Peerunity, I believe that as there isn’t a bitcoin core wallet translated in arabic as a reference, we will be pioneer in that regard, so I think that the best way is to keep consistent on how you translated peercoin.net.
Some of the technical language I believe will be better understood in the original english language, but really depends if it would make sense in arabic. For the two languages I translated some of the words don’t exist in the translated languages or can only be explained by replacing them with convoluted long sentences, so are better understood if left untranslated.

In the meantime, if you haven’t registered yet please do so on http://peer4commit.com/
and don’t forget to complete the form with your peercoin address in this page http://peer4commit.com/users/edit
Once you’ve done please reply to this post with your Identifier that is at the top of that page.

I encourage everyone that is working on any translation to do the same.

As instructed by @glock, I just awarded @willywithcoinnode with 7.5 PPC for their German translation of Peerunity.

Please make sure when you register yourself on peer4commit.com that you also provide a valid PPC address in order to receive the bounty.

I have registered on Peer4commit.com with the user name: teeneagle and the identifier: sk7Zn4eKNaEq

Tip received, thank you.

My girlfriend speaks Portughese.
I Start to translate Peercoin website :slight_smile:

[quote=“ugofoscolo19, post:56, topic:2968”]My girlfriend speaks Portughese.
I Start to translate Peercoin website :)[/quote]

Thank you ugofoscolo19!
Please let me know if you choose a different username to translate on Transifex.
At the moment of start Portuguese language is at 0% in peercoin.net so once completed and validated you will get 100% of the reward; that equals to 30 PPC for peercoin.net
As a reminder you have 21 days to complete the translation to be eligible for the reward.

br0nevik, could you please confirm which username you are using to translate on transifex and getlocalization?

http://peercoin.net/wallet

Peercoin.net -> Wallets Page -> Download
The “Download” string must be placed for the German after the Wallet name.
The best translation for “Download Peerunity” would be “Peerunity herunterladen” or “Peerunity Herunterladen”

[quote=“Chronos, post:51, topic:2968”][quote=“bobbybb, post:44, topic:2968”]Last Updated: 9 seconds ago
would be in German:
This would result in:

Looking at the website, I think this would work without any changes from TheWildHorse.[/quote].
As for now, I have inserted the following translations:
Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> “zuletzt aktualisiert vor:”
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> “Sekunde”
Peercoin.net -> Global Variables -> “Sekunden”

The only problem is:
Peercoin.net -> Homepage -> never
It shows up when JS is deaktivated.
I have translated it to: “noch nie”.
This would result in “zuletzt aktualisiert vor: noch nie” (word to word translation “last updated prior: yet never”)
Maybe we could use a double “-” for never, like: “zuletzt aktualisiert vor: --”.
I think that this looks less weird.
I have this Idea from Bitcoin.de, they handle it that way.

[quote=“nemecis1000, post:6, topic:2968”]I list the translation in Spanish
leave my purse in case everything goes well

PPVWroqFy4FtBy86mF3aqTartotwtbYZkf[/quote]

Hi nemecis1000, unfortunately the translation resulted non valid attached the result for reference

[quote=“Validator”]Number 1

Minería Proof of Work se utiliza para difundir la distribución de nuevas monedas, mientras que la seguridad de la red se mantiene totalmente por el minado Proof of Stake. Esto significa que las vulnerabilidades de la minería Bitcoin como el “Minero egoísta” no afectan la seguridad de Peercoin.

Proof of Work mining is used to spread the distribution of new coins, while the security of the network is maintained entirely by Proof of Stake minting. This means that Bitcoin mining vulnerabilities such as Selfish Mining do not impact Peercoin security.[/quote]
- NOT VALID. Bold text = Edited text. // NO VÁLIDO. Texto en negrita = texto traducido

[quote=“Validator”]Number 2

Tome en posesión sus peercoins enviándolos a una dirección generada por el monedero. Esto lo protegerá en caso de que la casa de intercambio (o exchange) cierre sus puertas mientras su dinero esté en él.

Take possession of your peercoins by sending them to an address generated by the wallet software. This will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors while your money is inside.[/quote]
- NOT VALID. Bold text = Edited text. // NO VÁLIDO. Texto en negrita = texto traducido // Everything translated

[quote=“Validator”]Number 3

Importe las direcciones de peercoin públicas en una tabla de base de datos de su servidor web. No importe las claves privadas, debe mantenerlas fuera de línea (offline) para protegerlas de los piratas informáticos.

Import the public peercoin addresses into a database table on your web server. Do not import the private keys, but instead keep them offline in order to protect them from hackers.[/quote]
- NOT VALID. Bold text = Edited text. // NO VÁLIDO. Texto en negrita = texto traducido // Everything translated