Looking for peercoin.net and Peerunity translators - Payment in PPC! [CLOSED]

teeneagle, congratulations! your work has passed the validation, you are entitled to a reward of 30PPC for your translation of Peercoin.net

Please reply to this post quoting your peer4commit ID

Thank you!

HI kingscrown just to remind you that the deadline for the tagalog translation for peerunity.net is on 5th Nov 2014

Let us know if you have any problems with transifex or you are encountering any other issue.

Thanks

Hi, ugofoscolo19 just to remind you that the deadline for the portuguese translation for peerunity.net is on 8th Nov 2014

Let us know if you have any problems with transifex or you are encountering any other issue as there was no progress in the translation on transifex so far.

Thanks

Hi, jimmy just to remind you that the deadline for the chinese translation for peerunity.net is on 2nd Nov 2014

Let us know if you have any problems with transifex or you are encountering any other issue.

Thanks

[quote=“GLock, post:61, topic:2968”]teeneagle, congratulations! your work has passed the validation, you are entitled to a reward of 30PPC for your translation of Peercoin.net

Thank you![/quote]

Thank you, i have posted my peer4commit ID but here it again :

teeneagle sk7Zn4eKNaEq

I have completed Indonesian translation for Peerunity, the Validation process will now start.

[quote=“GLock, post:61, topic:2968”]teeneagle, congratulations! your work has passed the validation, you are entitled to a reward of 30PPC for your translation of Peercoin.net

Thank you![/quote]
30 PPC have been transferred to Teeneagle.
See: http://peer4commit.com/projects/133/distributions/336

Bounty received, thanks!

The German translation is almost finished (81% according to transifex).
I think that it will be finished until 4th Nov 2014, but I would also like to double check for spelling and grammar errors and improve the readability.
Would it be possible to add a few days to the deadline, like 4 or 5, it would be very helpful.

[quote=“bobbybb, post:69, topic:2968”]The German translation is almost finished (81% according to transifex).
I think that it will be finished until 4th Nov 2014, but I would also like to double check for spelling and grammar errors and improve the readability.
Would it be possible to add a few days to the deadline, like 4 or 5, it would be very helpful.[/quote]

Hi bobbybb, to be fair with everyone involved and the other translators; to be elegible to get your reward you have to complete the translation on the 4th of November in full, the validation process will start immediately afterwards.

If you deem it necessary, you can always improve the translation after the deadline.

I hope every translator knows that a string like “M&inimize” means that when pressing the Alt key, the string will be displayed like “Minimize” (note the underscore below “i”), and if you press Alt-i, the “Minimize” string will be selected. This allows to operate menus, checkboxes, buttons etc. in a graphic user interface without using the mouse.

This translator could either use a similar scheme to put & infront of a charater (i.e. “&Foo” to translate to foo and highlight “F”) or could just use the English letter for an non-alphabetic language (i.e. “#@#$% (&i)”

I have finished Chinese translation. How should I submit the translation? Thanks.

Great! I have notified TheWildHorse so he can do a pull from Transifex :slight_smile:

Great! I have notified TheWildHorse so he can do a pull from Transifex :)[/quote]

I think is better to wait until the Validation is completed before pulling the content

I have completed the Italian translation for Peerunity, the Validation process will now start.

Great! I have notified TheWildHorse so he can do a pull from Transifex :)[/quote]

I think is better to wait until the Validation is completed before pulling the content[/quote]

Yes,plase have a validation. Thanks.

“Take possession of your peercoins by sending them to an address generated by the wallet software. This will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors while your money is inside.”

I not am sure if I am right, since my english is not really good and dont want to criticize, but I see some logic problems in the second sentence.
I understand, that the core message is “withdraw your coin or you wont be able to access them when the exchange closes”, but the sentence is kinda weird (for me).
The part “while your money is inside” is weird, since if you withdraw your coins, your money is no longer inside the exchange.
If your money is still inside the exchange, then you haven’t withdraw your coin, so you are not protected.

I think that the following versions make more sense:

Take possession of your peercoins by sending them to an address generated by the wallet software. This will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors.

Take possession of your peercoins by sending them to an address generated by the wallet software. This will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors, since your money is stored in your personal wallet.

Hi Bobbybb,

Thanks for the feedback. As a native English speaker, the sentence still makes sense to me. The word “this” refers to the action of withdrawing the money (taking possession of your peercoins). It means the same as, Withdrawing will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors during a moment when your money is inside. It protects you because withdrawing means that your money is no longer inside.

I think I see now, how it is strange, but it still makes sense. ::slight_smile:

Hi Bobbybb,

Thanks for the feedback. As a native English speaker, the sentence still makes sense to me. The word “this” refers to the action of withdrawing the money (taking possession of your peercoins). It means the same as, Withdrawing will protect you in the event that the exchange closes its doors during a moment when your money is inside. It protects you because withdrawing means that your money is no longer inside.

I think I see now, how it is strange, but it still makes sense. ::)[/quote]

I cant argue with an native english speaker, if you say that this sentence is correct, then it is.
It just bothers me that the sentence doesn’t contain a subjunctive form for the “money is inside” part, since the problem of losing access to you coins because they are inside an exchange becomes hypothetical when you withdraw them.

But I accept it and I will find an adequate translation for it.

Edit:

I get it now.

Another weird sentence:

You can check you are minting by looking at the little padlock in the bottom right corner of the client.

I would prefer:

You can check if you are currently minting by looking at the little padlock in the bottom right corner of the client.