Listing Peercoin on Coinbase

So I wrote to Coinbase today, after noticing how many coins they support now (haven’t been out there in a long time), asking if they’d yet considered listing Peercoin. Mind you, this is my third ask of them for listing PPC over the past few years, but at least a couple years since my last ask, and today’s answer was different than in the past. While I was blown off previously, much to my chagrin, today the response was quick and friendly with a link to their front door for asset listing:

My question for you guys is… has anyone, in an official capacity as a member/representative of the Peercoin project, taken this up with Coinbase to get Peercoin listed via their current asset listing application/process? I am very interested to purchase more Peercoin directly rather than flip-flopping from fiat to some intermediate crypto on Coinbase and then sending to some exchange to swap for PPC, and having a direct buy-in from fiat to PPC via Coinbase (where else, really?) would certainly help me push harder for adoption.

Anyone interested in pushing this officially?

7 Likes

We do plan on applying to Coinbase. We need to fulfill their list of requirements first though. One example is the establishment of a bug bounty program. We’ve made some progress on launching this, but just need to iron out some of the details.

Thanks for reaching out by the way!

5 Likes

I’ve been long on Peercoin for many, many years. I’ve held through thick and thin, staking all the while, and I plan to keep doing so. Adding to my hold directly without losing value through intermediate trades/transactions on the way from fiat to PPC is more important to me now than ever, so I sincerely hope you guys get this sorted out and secure the listing of PPC with Coinbase. If there’s anything I can do to support this effort then please reach out to me directly or as a “here’s what we need from the community” reply to this thread and let’s do this. Thanks for all you go guys!

1 Like

Hi @mwoliver ! I’m quite curious on which support you’re minting on. Do you use desktop wallet or a raspberry pi to mint ? By the way listing PPC on Coinbase would be great! It needs support from the community to do so.

1 Like

All of the above at various points in time. I even used to (unofficially) maintain a FreeBSD port for the desktop wallet which I ran in some FreeNAS jails. I may revive that work with the current desktop client pretty soon. At present, running Peercoin wallet and some other menial stuff on a Linux desktop on top of ESXi.

2 Likes