Joint Marketing Effort

As I wrote on the ltc forum, ltc and ppc communities should work together on a joint marketing strategy, where both coins are offered together as a combined and truly alternative to bitcoin.

ltc as we all know runs on scrypt, it’s a different blockchain, somehow it’s even better than btc, lighter, faster. it won’t be the first because btc has a huge advantage as the first comer but it’ll work as a backup blockchain able to serve the needs of commerce as good as or even better than bitcoin.

and then we have ppc, hybrid coin, secure and sustainable. another truly alternative.

all bitcoin fanatics says: what do the alts offer that bitcoin hasn’t. and they keep bashing this way in order to take the entire market share.

well, alts have one main thing to offer to a professional investor: DIVERSIFICATION. this is the main idea to be spread among the big investor community who is finally approaching the crypto world.

we have to take advantage of the long tested blockchains and network solidity boasted by ltc and ppc and consolidate this position. it’s true, 300 coins are not needed, but a few are for diversification reasons. a concept that everyone in finance is going to buy straightaway. let’s spread this perception.

you never know what could happen in this new world. cryptocurrency are revolutionary but the risks are still huge. you don’t want to be stuck on the titanic (bitcoin) with no life boats. ppc and ltc are the life boats and can help you travelling much safer.

so, to sum this up: the diversification idea has to be sold to any large investor who’s entering this market and it has to be done now. success is a self fulfilling prophecy here because of network effect. in the last 6 months we have seen people leaving aged coins to find the next big pump and dump. maybe some coin with a huge pump can even succeed if they seriously start to aggregate people in a successful network (look at what dogecoin was achieving before the recent debacle).

ltc and ppc community got to move together, join their efforts and try to get into the big investor sphere. the more they grow in the next few months compared to other coins the higher the probability they get success side by side with bitcoin, on a mature trial ecosystem.

Warren (ltc boss man) argues that Peercoin is based on a flawed economical model. Warren have posted many posts on why he think Peercoin suck. If you could somehow convince Warren otherwise, that would be great. He does seems to be holding Sunny King in high regards.

Anyway, Warren doesn’t represent the Litecoin community, still his opinion matters. I guess Warren is really good at open source and software development in general. His managing skills when it comes to separating responsibilities seems to be good. He have positioned Litecoin as this “silver to Bitcoin” thing also in terms of development strategies, where they make pull requests to Bitcoin and add value to Bitcoin also in other ways. Warren is also pushing for P2Pool and stuff like that.

Obviously Warren is really smart, so its really strange to me that he doesn’t get Peercoin. Its also strange that he doesn’t view ASICs as an issue while he think P2Pool is important. I don’t get it. Also, he doesn’t have that much litecoins either (at least he says he don’t have enough to finance Litecoin devlopment out of his own pocket), so it doesn’t seem to me as though is directly married to Litecoin financially (like say… smoothie or someone like that). I don’t know… just rambling here. sorry. Just would be nice if everyone could get along. Crypto coin drama is sooo ~2011.

(for the record I own a chunk of litecoins)

[quote=“pillow, post:2, topic:2589”]Warren (ltc boss man) argues that Peercoin is based on a flawed economical model. Warren have posted many posts on why he think Peercoin suck. If you could somehow convince Warren otherwise, that would be great. He does seems to be holding Sunny King in high regards.

Anyway, Warren doesn’t represent the Litecoin community, still his opinion matters. I guess Warren is really good at open source and software development in general. His managing skills when it comes to separating responsibilities seems to be good. He have positioned Litecoin as this “silver to Bitcoin” thing also in terms of development strategies, where they make pull requests to Bitcoin and add value to Bitcoin also in other ways. Warren is also pushing for P2Pool and stuff like that.

Obviously Warren is really smart, so its really strange to me that he doesn’t get Peercoin. Its also strange that he doesn’t view ASICs as an issue while he think P2Pool is important. I don’t get it. Also, he doesn’t have that much litecoins either (at least he says he don’t have enough to finance Litecoin devlopment out of his own pocket), so it doesn’t seem to me as though is directly married to Litecoin financially (like say… smoothie or someone like that). I don’t know… just rambling here. sorry. Just would be nice if everyone could get along. Crypto coin drama is sooo ~2011.

(for the record I own a chunk of litecoins)[/quote]

Here are a couple posts about this in case anybody is wondering what Pillow is talking about…

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7142.msg54677#msg54677

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=11924.msg87633#msg87633

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:3, topic:2589”]Here are a couple posts about this in case anybody is wondering what Pillow is talking about…

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7142.msg54677#msg54677

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=11924.msg87633#msg87633[/quote]

Spot on. and if you want to know why I poked smoothie a little, it was because he was trolling sunny, telling people that he was probably realsolid.

By the way, I’ve got nothing against smoothie or warren (would prefer if they joined Peercoin though). I get the feeling both are pretty good guys and I’ve actually done business with smoothie. He has also admitted to doing a bit of trolling back in the days, and everyone deserves not only a new alias but a second chance as well (maybe they have this chance right now, price being cheaper n all). right :slight_smile:

Anyway, just wanted to point this out so that you don’t think I’m just picking names and things out of thin air.