Jhprimeminer - Am I Doing It Wrong? (2Q)

I have joined ypool and am using jhprimeminer. Everything seems to run, but I can’t be sure:

[ol][li]When I go on ypool it states none of my workers are active (I only have one). Now I know that on other sites it can take time to show an active worked, or it might not show at all if it has low hashrates, since these aren’t measured the same for Primecoin I am unsure if the same rule applies?[/li]
[li]I have had a few successful blocks found but nothing has shown up yet in ypool. Does it take a long time to reflect changes?[/li][/ol]

Keep in mind I have only been mining for about 4.5 hours if that gives any insight into my issues. Thanks!

[quote=“Heatshiver, post:1, topic:1840”]I have joined ypool and am using jhprimeminer. Everything seems to run, but I can’t be sure:

[ol][li]When I go on ypool it states none of my workers are active (I only have one). Now I know that on other sites it can take time to show an active worked, or it might not show at all if it has low hashrates, since these aren’t measured the same for Primecoin I am unsure if the same rule applies?[/li]
[li]I have had a few successful blocks found but nothing has shown up yet in ypool. Does it take a long time to reflect changes?[/li][/ol]

Keep in mind I have only been mining for about 4.5 hours if that gives any insight into my issues. Thanks!

1. ypool reflects quite quickly… see under connected workers.
  2. “a few successful blocks” ? do you mean shares or chains…[/quote]

Hey guys please help me as well I’m not sure what I am doing wrong (And unable to open my own thread on this forum)

I got i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.90GHz Doing around 0.065 chains per day running on windows 7 (64) using primeminer_x64
And another AMD FX™-8350 Eight-core Processor 4.02 GHz running on windows 7 same setup and giving 0.050 *even less chains a day.

seem like people on forum are able to mine much more, Please help me!

much love!! ::slight_smile: ;D

[quote=“Necroballs, post:3, topic:1840”]Hey guys please help me as well I’m not sure what I am doing wrong (And unable to open my own thread on this forum)

I got i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.90GHz Doing around 0.065 chains per day running on windows 7 (64) using primeminer_x64
And another AMD FX™-8350 Eight-core Processor 4.02 GHz running on windows 7 same setup and giving 0.050 *even less chains a day.

seem like people on forum are able to mine much more, Please help me!

much love!! ::slight_smile: ;D[/quote]

The Core i7 is going to give you more chains per day. Also .065 and .05 seem like reasonable values for those two processors for chains of difficulty 10.

[quote=“Heatshiver, post:1, topic:1840”]I have joined ypool and am using jhprimeminer. Everything seems to run, but I can’t be sure:

Keep in mind I have only been mining for about 4.5 hours if that gives any insight into my issues. Thanks![/quote]

Do the -u and -p parameters you are using to launch the jhPrimeminer executable match the workers you have created in the ypool interface? What version of jhPrimeminer are you using and where did you get it from?

See this post as to why you can not create a new thread: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=884.0