Jeff Garzik (Bitcoin Dev) on the necessity of a backbone currency

http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/33405247/

Paraphrased summary:

Bitcoin core dev says Bitcoin must become a backbone currency and accept offchain transactions as normal and desirable - something Peercoin was built for from the ground up, as Sunny King knew this all along!

Agree! My two XPMs:

1)Bolckchain tech NOT suitable for micropayment due to block chain size and transaction fee policy. So is PPC/XPM
2) PoS is not so suitable for digital gold standard for its easily copied and distributed features.But PoS very good for Share concept like Nushare.
3) XPM is far underestimated.
4) We need improve XPM, how about adding a vote mechanism and issue a stable Hayek coin backed by XPM(digital gold)?

Nubit is pegged strictly to USD, and shall we give up the chance of ANTI-INFLATION to other competitors after Nubits source opened? NO!

If there is a main competitor, it must be from our community as well.

My dream:

XPM holders can vote motions by private signature voting, instantly and safely, we vote for a new transaction fee etc…

We can issue Hayek coin (pegged to relative stable purchasing power) where XPM plays the “share” role. I mean we experiment both "Gold standard"model and “Hayek” model in one cryptocurency: XPM.

@sabreiib This is very interesting.
But I struggle to understand what a backbone currency is…

[quote=“crypto_coiner, post:3, topic:3329”]@sabreiib This is very interesting.
But I struggle to understand what a backbone currency is…[/quote]
see an analogous for internet: