Issue decentralized securities using Peershare

Hey Jordan do you have any Legal or Banking background folks involved in the project right now? It could be wise to make sure your functionality designs are implemented in a way that will make the service easily compatible with different tax/securities regulations gov’t might seek to enforce on end users. Even absent gov’t action, some of those regs really just codify ‘best practices’ designed to help prevent fraud and could be really useful to keep in mind.

Jordan, I got Fuzzy to create the Peershares board that we talked about. Check it out. He said that if we outgrow this particular board, he can give Peershare its own section with multiple boards.

I wonder why someone gave me -2 Karma? :frowning: It’s not like I denounced Jordan and the project. I was actually expressing my confidence and appreciation for what he’s doing by willing to invest at such an early stage.

@Jordan Lee

I introduced a friend to this project.
He will contact you by bitmessage.

Hi Jordan.
Here cryptog1 from Tokyo.
It looks like a promising project.
Will try to spread the word out in Japan about Peershare.

PS: I am a believer in PeerCoin.

I am very pleased with the progress the Peershare team has made in our first week and thought I would outline our accomplishments:

There has been a flurry of commits on GitHub from myself, FuzzyBear and sigmike. We have completed about half of the coding tasks in Phase Two this last week.
We have worked out a branching and merging strategy that will help us produce quality code.
We have begun to manage development tasks with GitHub issues.
We have established Bitmessage as the team standard for internal communication.
A Peershares.net website is on its way with the help of CoinHash and Ben.
We now have a dedicated Peershares section on Peercointalk.org.
FuzzyBear has set up a couple of VPSs for team use, particularly testing.
A build of completed Phase One code that creates a genesis block has been built and is ready for testing.
I have created a new thread “Everyday team coordination, progress reports and help request” which I am proposing team members use in the way I describe in the original post. For others, this is the thread to read if you want to understand what the team is doing and how we are progressing.

coinPPC.com
coinXPM.com

reserved both these domains to serve as an additional FAQ/QA area.

David has joined the Peershares team to help with marketing, particularly of our implementation of Peershares. You will be hearing more about this as we move forward. I’m excited to have him on the team and look forward to the time when we unveil more details about our implementation of Peershares.

That’s great news!

Hey guys,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but after spending some time reading about this project, it appears to be a lot like NXT. I say this because the project is

[ul][li]Designed to be pure POS[/li]
[li]All the shares are generated in the genesis block[/li]
[li]Shares are distributed by purchasing from the holder/founder.[/li][/ul]

I guess my point is that Peershares is using some of the NXT features but in a way in that makes sense for everyone involved. If this turns out the way that is expected, it would be safe to say that Peershares is using NXT features the way they were meant to be used.

[quote=“JetJet13, post:110, topic:382”]Hey guys,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but after spending some time reading about this project, it appears to be a lot like NXT. I say this because the project is

[ul][li]Designed to be pure POS[/li]
[li]All the shares are generated in the genesis block[/li]
[li]Shares are distributed by purchasing from the holder/founder.[/li][/ul]

I guess my point is that Peershares is using some of the NXT features but in a way in that makes sense for everyone involved. If this turns out the way that is expected, it would be safe to say that Peershares is using NXT features the way they were meant to be used. [/quote]

Strangely, it appears that both NXT and Peershares were both publicly announced for the first time on September 28th 2013. I was unaware of NXT when designing Peershares, so I wouldn’t say that we have taken any ideas from it. Still, there are some limited similarities which you have articulated. There are probably more differences than similarities in regard to the market needs served by the two projects.

That’s a good idea

Would there be any possible way to connect Peershares and Counterparty (XCP) http://counterparty.co in the future?

XCP is built on top of BTC, and Peershares are built on top of PPC if I understand it correctly.

It seems that the objectives are similar, and this would greatly benefit both systems.

[quote=“deliciousowl, post:113, topic:382”]Would there be any possible way to connect Peershares and Counterparty (XCP) http://counterparty.co in the future?

XCP is built on top of BTC, and Peershares are built on top of PPC if I understand it correctly.

It seems that the objectives are similar, and this would greatly benefit both systems.[/quote]

First of all, the way that Counterparty and Bitcoin is quite different from the way Peershares and Peercoin interact. Counterparty uses the Bitcoin network to process its transactions, whereas a Peershares blockchain stands on its own for transaction processing.

Peershares and Counterparty both support appending 80 bytes of arbitrary data to transactions. This could be used to cross reference public addresses, hashes or transactions across the two systems thereby linking them. While I am sure there are use cases for this, it probably doesn’t represent the low hanging fruit in the cryptoeconomy.

Connecting peershares to ethereum is much easier.

This may be way above me, but I don’t like the idea of Ethereum, or the potentially huge block chain it could possess if every one and their Cryptocoin latched onto it for services.

I understand why Peercoin and Peershares are paired, but I frown upon the idea of sucking the teat of Ethereum or any other protocol/coin/otherwise that would suggest to ‘wrap around’ the entire community. How much control does anyone really want to throw at a potential program like Ethereum?

I may be way off base, and I’m not looking to start any pissery here. (Yes, Pissery), but I would feel much more comfortable if Peercoin/Shares and any of it’s futures were forging ahead to make their own way, be the market leader to create its own greatness. Be the market standard…you know? Don’t let anyone be your crutch.

I don’t get programming, so don’t beat me to severely, just my 2 PPC.

I really do not like the idea of Ethereum, since it seems way too vulnerable to bloating and security risks.

I’m putting my bets on Peershare and Counterparty. :slight_smile:

Though winter has arrived in Bitcoin land and Peercoin land, it is spring in Peershares land. I am ecstatic with the progress we are making, the prospects for Peershares and our implementation and extension of Peershares.

Though the USD value of the funding Peershares received has declined by about 40% over the last couple of months, we are not struggling with funding at all. Of the 200 BTC dedicated to our implementation of Peershares, 158.45542308 BTC remains unspent. The entire sixty thousand PPC balance remains unspent. There are several people who have expressed interest in providing additional funding in exchange for equity as well. We are well funded now with excellent prospects of finding additional funding when needed.

We have Peershares successfully distributing Peercoin dividends now and the features slated for initial release are rapidly approaching alpha quality. Soon we will be opening a Peershares test network to the public.

We are expanding the team. I am in negotiations with snakie (his peercointalk username), creator of peerchain.net, regarding terms for creating the website for our implementation of Peershares. While the mini-blockchain project is technically separate from Peershares because it is high risk and we don’t want the success and release of Peershares to be held hostage to it, Cryddit of bitcointalk.org is working hard on this and we are ready to pay another C++ developer to work with him on it. Please contact me if you are interested and spread the word about the opening. For those who don’t know, the mini-blockchain is basically a mechanism for pruning a blockchain so that it scales much better, supporting high transaction levels while requiring modest amounts of disk space. It will be open source and available to be used in other blockchain implementations.

The development of our extension of Peershares is about half code complete. When this is complete it will provide additional funding for the team.

Now is the time for businesses interested in raising funds and managing equity using Peershares to step up and seize the opportunity. Contact me if you are interested in creating your own Peershares blockchain and would like to try out our test network. The people on our team can guide you through the process of setting it all up. Peershares is no longer vaporware. I think a lot of people are still confused about what type of business could benefit from Peershares so I will briefly say that any business that wants to raise funding or manage shareholder equity in an inexpensive automated fashion could benefit. Your business need not be related to cryptocurrency. It could be a restaurant, a property management business or nearly any other type of business.

Regardless of what other businesses do, we are racing to create our extension of Peershares which will provide a real world demonstration of what Peershares has to offer. Additional details will be released in the coming weeks and months.

[quote=“Jordan Lee, post:118, topic:382”]Though winter has arrived in Bitcoin land and Peercoin land, it is spring in Peershares land. I am ecstatic with the progress we are making, the prospects for Peershares and our implementation and extension of Peershares.

Though the USD value of the funding Peershares received has declined by about 40% over the last couple of months, we are not struggling with funding at all. Of the 200 BTC dedicated to our implementation of Peershares, 158.45542308 BTC remains unspent. The entire sixty thousand PPC balance remains unspent. There are several people who have expressed interest in providing additional funding in exchange for equity as well. We are well funded now with excellent prospects of finding additional funding when needed.

We have Peershares successfully distributing Peercoin dividends now and the features slated for initial release are rapidly approaching alpha quality. Soon we will be opening a Peershares test network to the public.

We are expanding the team. I am in negotiations with snakie (his peercointalk username), creator of peerchain.net, regarding terms for creating the website for our implementation of Peershares. While the mini-blockchain project is technically separate from Peershares because it is high risk and we don’t want the success and release of Peershares to be held hostage to it, Cryddit of bitcointalk.org is working hard on this and we are ready to pay another C++ developer to work with him on it. Please contact me if you are interested and spread the word about the opening. For those who don’t know, the mini-blockchain is basically a mechanism for pruning a blockchain so that it scales much better, supporting high transaction levels while requiring modest amounts of disk space. It will be open source and available to be used in other blockchain implementations.

The development of our extension of Peershares is about half code complete. When this is complete it will provide additional funding for the team.

Now is the time for businesses interested in raising funds and managing equity using Peershares to step up and seize the opportunity. Contact me if you are interested in creating your own Peershares blockchain and would like to try out our test network. The people on our team can guide you through the process of setting it all up. Peershares is no longer vaporware. I think a lot of people are still confused about what type of business could benefit from Peershares so I will briefly say that any business that wants to raise funding or manage shareholder equity in an inexpensive automated fashion could benefit. Your business need not be related to cryptocurrency. It could be a restaurant, a property management business or nearly any other type of business.

Regardless of what other businesses do, we are racing to create our extension of Peershares which will provide a real world demonstration of what Peershares has to offer. Additional details will be released in the coming weeks and months.[/quote]

This post contains a lot of important information. I think you should create a new thread so it will gain more attention.

I am the owner of the domain Peershares.org. Would the developers of peershares be interested in purchasing it?