Integrating Peercoin into a new multi-currency web wallet - Omniwallet

Cross post here from http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?topic=185

(Go read about the Omniwallet before digging in here)

We have an alpha/pre-alpha version of the Omniwallet out there (code, testing instance). It currently supports Bitcoin, Mastercoin, and Test Mastercoin.

I would like to dedicate a bounty, paid in BTC, with an additional amount of MSC as payout.
The acceptance criteria for this bounty would be:

1. A series* of pull requests into Omniwallet adding support for Litecoin and Peercoin (with the thought of adding new currencies in the future).
  2. Successful deployment of the new Omniwallet version (we will deploy it - just work with us to tell us what you need).
  3. Working with us and fixing critical bugs for 2 weeks after deployment.

I intentionally do not specify the amount of bounty here - open to suggestions from the community.
Plus - I will post this on the Litecoin and Peercoin communities and see if we can get some bounty from them as well for this purpose.

Suggestions from serious coders are welcome. We have a few Omniwallet skype groups, ping me (ripper234 on skype) and I’ll hook you up.
Also you’re invited to join the Mastercoin Developer Google Group (please submit your LinkedIn / github - the group is targeted at developers).

Important notes:

• Please don’t submit one huge pull request - it would make it harder for us to merge them. Rather, break up your work into smaller pieces. Refactor whatever you need to get the job done.

** The architecture of the multi-currency support needs to be flexible / plugin based. We want the Omniwallet itself to support a lot of currencies, but each deployer should be able to choose which of the variety of currencies they wish to activate. The core codebase should not contain / be directly dependent on the plugins.

*** Cooperation between developers is highly encouraged. If you plan to work on Omniwallet-Alt integration, it’s best you do coordinate with everyone else doing this type of work. Below is a list of repositories of people working on this - please pick one of them and work together there:

Peercoin integration repository - led by FuzzyBear.

Looking to attract external developers to help with this so if this looks of interest and you develop then please get in contact.

If you would like to donate to the project then you can do here
Fuzzybear

can someone create a post on r/Peercoin please and facebook about this thread pls

Fuzzybear

@Fuzzybear
Just wondering whether you prefer Omniwallet above Coinpunk and if so why? Is Omniwallet easier to change for Peercoin or is it more advanced/mature?
Or should we also fork Coinpunk and add it to peer4commit and advertise for donations? Not sure about two competing products though but maybe we should let the donations speak for itself?

Your thoughts?

Edit: here is the link to the thread for you convenience: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164.0

[quote=“Cybnate, post:3, topic:1739”]@Fuzzybear
Just wondering whether you prefer Omniwallet above Coinpunk and if so why? Is Omniwallet easier to change for Peercoin or is it more advanced/mature?
Or should we also fork Coinpunk and add it to peer4commit and advertise for donations? Not sure about two competing products though but maybe we should let the donations speak for itself?

Your thoughts?

Edit: here is the link to the thread for you convenience: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164.0[/quote]

Coinpunk is a wallet designed to support one currency - Bitcoin. You can fork it to change that currency to Peercoin, but adding multiple currencies will be more difficult.

Omniwallet uses a similar concept, but is designed to support multiple currencies in one instance.

Instead of using dozens of different wallet services, the vision of Omniwallet is to have one wallet that can store all your crypto-currencies.
Like Coinpunk, it is easy to host Omniwallet on your own server.

Thanks Ripper234, with your post and a bit of research, I’m convinced that Omniwallet is indeed the best way to go for Peercoin (and Primecoin). It is also open source from front-end to backend and you would have the ability to host the wallet on your server or and environment you trust unlike some other similar products which recently posted on this forum.

Will cross-post some of this jnformation in Coimpunk thread and hoping to convince others to support Omniwallet development.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:5, topic:1739”]Thanks Ripper123, with your post and a bit of research, I’m convinced that Omniwallet is indeed the best way to go for Peercoin (and Primecoin). It is also open source from front-end to backend and you would have the ability to host the wallet on your server or and environment you trust unlike some other similar products which recently posted on this forum.

Will cross-post some of this jnformation in Coimpunk thread and hoping to convince others to support Omniwallet development.[/quote]

Appreciated!

Only one question - where did you get “ripper123”?

[quote=“ripper234, post:6, topic:1739”][quote=“Cybnate, post:5, topic:1739”]Thanks Ripper234, with your post and a bit of research, I’m convinced that Omniwallet is indeed the best way to go for Peercoin (and Primecoin). It is also open source from front-end to backend and you would have the ability to host the wallet on your server or and environment you trust unlike some other similar products which recently posted on this forum.

Will cross-post some of this jnformation in Coimpunk thread and hoping to convince others to support Omniwallet development.[/quote]

Appreciated!

Only one question - where did you get “ripper123”?[/quote]

You’re welcome, just applauded you.
BTW where did I get what? :wink:

[quote=“Cybnate, post:7, topic:1739”]You’re welcome, just applauded you.
BTW where did I get what? ;)[/quote]

My nick is ripper234 and not ripper123 :slight_smile:
It’s been this way for almost 20 years now.
(Well except on reddit where I may have lost the password for ripper234, so I go about using ripper2345 there)

Omniwallet is now in Beta: https://www.omniwallet.org/

Blog post: http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/07/01/omniwallet-goes-beta/

very nice.
i can see msc and maidsafe coins connected with my btc address.
i hope to see ppc and xpm as well :slight_smile:
q: from where are you getting the USD values? in maidsafe is zero

edit: do you think bitauth can be useful in omniwallet?
http://blog.bitpay.com/2014/07/01/bitauth-for-decentralized-authentication.html

The best place to get general Omniwallet questions answered right now is either mastercointalk, or our skype group (ping me ripper234 to be added).

I believe we don’t currently have USD valuation for currencies other than BTC or MSC.

bitauth might be something to look into later, right now the authentication mechanism isn’t our top priority.

I’m happy to report that Peercoin integration looks more promising now.
We are migrating from using a python Bitcoin library, to Master Core which is a fork of Bitcoin Core.
After that migration is complete, building the infrastructure to support Peercoin Core / peercoind will be a lot easier.

Please contact our dev team if you want to give this bounty a try.

Cheers,
Ron

I had a go with Omniwallet beta at omniwallet.org, it seems a promising project, hopefully the bounty on peer4commit will attract more developers to integrate as soon as possible PPC in the platform

Bump need to look again at code base and dev required for peercoin support added as this would be nice to add and expand for peershares primecoin etc

Still nice bounty on peer4commit to

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2