I'm a motion graphics artist and am interested in making a video for PPC

I’m here - Alright - So to make things a little more difficult I’ve been recently promoted to a Multimedia Director position at my job and bam. Time is tight.

I reviewed the article but I’m not sure we’ve still really decided on the path to take here. I could really use help on getting the script finalized and reviewed by higher ups and then I can review it and go from there. Peace!

i don’t mind helping out here too. let me know if you need anything from me…

note: basically, i work as a digital project manager (advertising firm) - able to come out with processes, timeline, chase for approval & so on…

i would agree with a lot of Alertness’s points above, especially that of explaining peercoin on it’s own terms without having to compare it to bitcoin. imagine if bitcoin didn’t exist, surely it would still be possible to explain peercoin. i also agree that ‘mother nature’ is not a good term but still ‘energy efficient’ is a good thing to promote…

When I first looked at Peercoin I immediately dismissed it because of the new-age, save-the-planet marketing theme. That seemed to be the primary selling point, which didn’t strike me as all that important – more of a social statement than a serious alternative to Bitcoin. Two things made me give it a second look: 1) The January 19 article at cointrader.com and 2) Peershares. I changed my mind about Peercoin and have made it my primary altcoin investment (the bulk of my crypto funds are still in Bitcoin).

Is the energy use of Bitcoin miners really a profound issue that could wreck its acceptance? Or is this more of a feel-good story for PPC with minimal real world consequences? If the latter, I’d suggest downplaying it in the PPC marketing.

I hope tripper311 can follow through on the video project. This guy certainly has the street cred and looks to be a real pro. This is the kind of marketing punch PPC badly needs. I will contribute to a bounty if that’s what we need to make it happen.

Good stuff. Thanks for the input and props. We’ll get this figured out - just need someone more knowledgeable than I to write the poem that tells the story of peercoin to serenade the masses. From there this task of creating a video gets easier.

[quote=“sportscliche, post:44, topic:1331”]When I first looked at Peercoin I immediately dismissed it because of the new-age, save-the-planet marketing theme. That seemed to be the primary selling point, which didn’t strike me as all that important – more of a social statement than a serious alternative to Bitcoin. Two things made me give it a second look: 1) The January 19 article at cointrader.com and 2) Peershares. I changed my mind about Peercoin and have made it my primary altcoin investment (the bulk of my crypto funds are still in Bitcoin).

Is the energy use of Bitcoin miners really a profound issue that could wreck its acceptance? Or is this more of a feel-good story for PPC with minimal real world consequences? If the latter, I’d suggest downplaying it in the PPC marketing.

I hope tripper311 can follow through on the video project. This guy certainly has the street cred and looks to be a real pro. This is the kind of marketing punch PPC badly needs. I will to contribute to a bounty if that’s what we need to make it happen.[/quote]

Good point! Security provided by PoS and Peershares are the selling points. However, peershares project is still under development and maybe it’s not very appropriate to use it as marketing slogan.

Hey Folks

Heads up that the LTC guys are also working on a video. I don’t know that their “conversation with the screen” idea is the best, but might get some inspiration looking over the direction they are taking

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=15259.0

[quote=“sportscliche, post:44, topic:1331”]When I first looked at Peercoin I immediately dismissed it because of the new-age, save-the-planet marketing theme. That seemed to be the primary selling point, which didn’t strike me as all that important – more of a social statement than a serious alternative to Bitcoin. Two things made me give it a second look: 1) The January 19 article at cointrader.com and 2) Peershares. I changed my mind about Peercoin and have made it my primary altcoin investment (the bulk of my crypto funds are still in Bitcoin).

I hope tripper311 can follow through on the video project. This guy certainly has the street cred and looks to be a real pro. This is the kind of marketing punch PPC badly needs. I will contribute to a bounty if that’s what we need to make it happen.[/quote]

The Broken Windows Fallacy helps explain why the energy efficiency of PPC makes it far more useful than BTC

BTC burns energy as a maintenance cost just for the sake of it. Burning this energy acts as an economic drag. PPC achieves better security + equally useful transaction functions for less energy. Those saved resources can then be reallocated to productive economic use elsewhere. Nothing new-agey about it. Pure Macro Econ. :wink:

Bump. Any progress on this project? Or are we waiting for the Sunny King community interview this month?

Just saying, the Litecoin video is almost finished…

[quote=“Sebsebzen, post:49, topic:1331”]Bump. Any progress on this project? Or are we waiting for the Sunny King community interview this month?

Just saying, the Litecoin video is almost finished…[/quote]

To be honest, I think the original person who volunteered to make a video, was ready to do it at that moment, and lost interest. Since someone already volunteered, all other film makers took a back seat and said “oh, someone else is doing it”.

It is apparent now that we should be open and ready for anyone ready to volunteer to the task and actually bring it to completion.

Sorry for the caps, but:

IF YOU HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND CAN MAKE A VIDEO ABOUT PEERCOIN, PLEASE MAKE ONE AND UPLOAD IT TO YOUTUBE

We don’t need flashy graphics, animation, and top-notch anything, that can come later.

For now, just make a video and link to it on the peercointalk.org forums so you can get lots of immediate views.

Any video out there is better than no video.

Bump. Taking a look at this again.

I’m just linking to the conversation we just had on Reddit about making 30 second videos…

http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/21caht/dunno_if_this_is_good_or_bad_for_our_image_but/cgbpbux

This guy is going to get bombarded with offers from tons of coin developers. They’ll even pay him in BTC while they dump their own coin type to do it.

Ironic, don’t ya think?

If he is going to make a video for Peercoin, you have to get this started in the next 3 days, otherwise it probably won’t happen.

This can’t be one of those long drawn out 3-4 week topic forum threads and slow fundraiser deals.

[quote=“ppcman, post:53, topic:1331”]This guy is going to get bombarded with offers from tons of coin developers. They’ll even pay him in BTC while they dump their own coin type to do it.

Ironic, don’t ya think?

If he is going to make a video for Peercoin, you have to get this started in the next 3 days, otherwise it probably won’t happen.

This can’t be one of those long drawn out 3-4 week topic forum threads and slow fundraiser deals.[/quote]

This is what I’m afraid of happening, just like what happened to the thread we’re posting in right now. He said he’ll be getting us a price soon and also this…

“I can make a rough script, you can comment and I can refine it. I think I could do 80% of the writing.”

I told River to send him the Cointrader article in case he hasn’t read it yet.

I made a new thread to discuss OverkillCoin’s video: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2537.0