Idea: Peercoin Content Network (PCN)

I’ve got an idea, perhaps best presented as a user-story, so here we go:

Consumer user-story
Want to listen to music. Opens the PCN App, select a music track and starts to listen.
In the background (the user doesn’t have to do anything) the app automatically checks if the music track has been signed by the real creator. If so the app pays the music creator some peercoins, kind of a donation. The user have loaded the wallet and the payment is deducted from it, accordingly to the donation style chosen by the user and saved in the settings. Also the user is sharing the torrent file and help seeding.

Music creator user-story
Seeds the music files on the PCN network and ties the peercoin address to the content, preferably by putting a Peercoin address in the metadata and then signing it.

Network user-story
Think Spotify + Popcorn time + Peercoin.
By the people for the people, using peercoins.

The system would be cheap to bootstrap since it scales-up on demand.
This is NOT pirating or illegal, because music creators uploads their music willingly and so forth and so on.
I think all the technologies necessary to pull this off, have already been created buy not been put together so far?!

Could work on all movies and other stuff as well. Also the “player” could be an Android App, web app and so forth and so on. Actually its “only” file sharing with some Peercoin addresses alá Flattr-style-tipping on top.

I love the idea of bittorrent CDN with tipping.
There is https://bundles.bittorrent.com/ but it’s quite different i think.
I don’t think that it could be done w/o piracy. So, maybe better don’t care about piracy at all and tip seeders? E.g. tip-to-boost-bandwidth?

[quote=“kac-, post:2, topic:3138”]I love the idea of bittorrent CDN with tipping.
There is https://bundles.bittorrent.com/ but it’s quite different i think.
I don’t think that it could be done w/o piracy. So, maybe better don’t care about piracy at all and tip seeders? E.g. tip-to-boost-bandwidth?[/quote]

So true. If it distributed and so forth and so on, there is nothing much to do about piracy I guess. Would be really nice to onboard the creators and make it easy for consumers to know for sure, that the donations they make goes straight to the pocket of the creator.

I would love to see an open source / open hardware version of Amazons Kindle, where you could find books and download books and pay for it using peercoins. It would be awesome. The cost of maintaining tons of books would be small (almost no bandwidth compared to videos or even music) and reviews systems and what not could be totally taken care of already existing sites that does a good job at it today as it is. They could just feature a torrent link on their sites.

EDIT: Also, I dont think Open Bazaar is really needed for these kinds of digital content stuff. There is no real need for escrow and stuff.

I would love to see an open source / open hardware version of Amazons Kindle
That's the key, paid digital content distribution needs hardware or closed solutions. I hate closed things so I'd prefer hardware one. It would be hard to beat the Kindle... but Peendle(pardon) would offer: * value storage, not account credentials, real money - thrilling * buying directly from an author, no middle-man, no corp lock-in * direct sell creates additional services: paid personal dedications(pen tablets / audio + digital signature), paid questions for interview etc

Inverted business model, you pay author directly, he pays the network for serving him ddos/attack free contact/distribution platform.