HELP PROMOTE PEERCOIN - Let us know what you did!

In every day Society usually every one waits “for the other guy” to do something. People say “I don’t want to get that involved, let some one else do it”.

In the cryptocurrency world, that doesn’t really work.

[size=14pt][font=arial]Here are some suggestions. WANT TO HELP PEERCOIN?[/font][/size]

1) If you own your own website, post a link saying “I love peercoin” and point it to www.peercoin.net or www.peercointalk.org

1. Update your facebook status to say “I own Peercoin, do you?” and answer your friends and family when they ask you “what’s a peercoin”

2. Got a twitter account? Send a tweet. I support #peercoin as well as #bitcoin

3. Got a lot of Peercoin in your wallet? Find a friend or family member. Show them how to install a Peercoin Wallet on their computer and send them 1 PPC. It’s only $3.50 USD or so, but could be worth $300 USD in the next 1-5 years, who knows.

4. Got a youtube channel? Make a video. Talk about Peercoin to your subscribers.

5. Got a blog? Write a blog post about Peercoin.

6. Got a Reddit Comment on something and mention Peercoin.

Have another talent? Do something, be creative and tell us about it!

These are all simple things that any one can do, and it will greatly help the same coins you hold in your wallet. It just takes 10 or 15 minutes out of your day.

[size=12pt][font=arial][size=12pt]If you did something along these lines, please tell us what you did. We will all be VERY interested!![/size][/font][/size]

Don’t be shy. The small things are just as important as the big things. All it takes is some one to go first.

Do something and share it and watch other people do it too. :slight_smile: Share the energy and pay it forward.

You don’t have to share a link to it and can remain anonymous… Just mention what you did, we want to hear about it.

Good one, I had some success with LinkedIn and interested a friend by sending 0.5 PPC

Gave peercoins to each family member and set up the wallet for them. On peercoin reddit and occasionally post. Very active on twitter tweeting peercoin articles. Trying to spread the word and the cause

I’ll ship in with a tidbit of purchasing advice. Whenever I tell someone that it could be a good idea to buy some PPC, I’ll tell them to do the following:

1. Decide how much money they can afford to loose.
  2. Buy coins for only half of that amount, whatever the price might be at that point in time.
  3. Wait for the price to come down (preferably crash very hard at least 40-50% from where they bought) and then buy some more.

If they do it like so, they will not hate you (as much) for telling them to buy something they lost money on when it crashes. Instead they might be hoping and expecting a crash, so that they are emotionally prepared, conditioned and financially ready to take advantage of the buying opportunity. Doing it like so could also turn out to be much more profitable for them.

It’s also a good thing for the market. If less people chase the price, volatility decrease a little bit and when it do crash (because it always seems to do that) more people can come in and buy when there is a sell-off and thereby support the price.

If the price actually never crashes from where they bought, they might tell you that your advice was a bad one - but it won’t be as bad as if they went all in and it crashed.

I posted this because I think that a lot of people get burned trading or buying super expensive cryptos and those that get burned will definitely not be promoting PPC.

I posted this because I think that a lot of people get burned trading or buying super expensive cryptos and those that get burned will definitely not be promoting PPC.

You are so right on this… People like to play the markets and double their position on new crypto coins. At the end of the day, when they are tired of day trading, they need to cash out into Bitcoin or Peercoin, something stable.

People get confused on Peercoin thinking that it’s something you can buy $500 of today, and you can cash out $1,000 tomorrow. That was never Peercoin’s design. It was always designed to be a stable coin for the storage of large value. Not some volatile pump and dump coin.

There is over 100+ cryptocoins on the market. Very few of them have a developer like Sunny King, who created the first Proof-of-stake coin, or the first Primecoin/XPM coin to break the Guinness Book of World Records.

Peercoin has been one of the top 5 cryptocurrencies to date. It will still be here in the long term. I believe every one should own some Peercoins as part of their portfolio.

[quote=“ppcman, post:1, topic:1726”]In every day Society usually every one waits “for the other guy” to do something. People say “I don’t want to get that involved, let some one else do it”.

In the cryptocurrency world, that doesn’t really work.

[size=14pt][font=arial]Here are some suggestions. WANT TO HELP PEERCOIN?[/font][/size]

1) If you own your own website, post a link saying “I love peercoin” and point it to www.peercoin.net or www.peercointalk.org

1. Update your facebook status to say “I own Peercoin, do you?” and answer your friends and family when they ask you “what’s a peercoin”

2. Got a twitter account? Send a tweet. I support #peercoin as well as #bitcoin

3. Got a lot of Peercoin in your wallet? Find a friend or family member. Show them how to install a Peercoin Wallet on their computer and send them 1 PPC. It’s only $3.50 USD or so, but could be worth $300 USD in the next 1-5 years, who knows.

4. Got a youtube channel? Make a video. Talk about Peercoin to your subscribers.

5. Got a blog? Write a blog post about Peercoin.

6. Got a Reddit Comment on something and mention Peercoin.

Have another talent? Do something, be creative and tell us about it!

These are all simple things that any one can do, and it will greatly help the same coins you hold in your wallet. It just takes 10 or 15 minutes out of your day.

[size=12pt][font=arial][size=12pt]If you did something along these lines, please tell us what you did. We will all be VERY interested!![/size][/font][/size]

Don’t be shy. The small things are just as important as the big things. All it takes is some one to go first.

Do something and share it and watch other people do it too. :slight_smile: Share the energy and pay it forward.[/quote]

1. If you are selling something, why not sell it for PPC. Even though it might be a small trivial thing, like handmade beads or if you’re perhaps brewing your own beer, why not have PPC as a payment option.

Perhaps an obvious one, but I thought it would be nice to have it on the list. I kind of rather see a zillion small mom n pops taking peercoins then a few big corps. In my mind this is what it is all about, enabling and empowering the small entrepreneur.

What kind of success did you have with Linkedin? I didn’t even think about that avenue.

What kind of success did you have with Linkedin? I didn’t even think about that avenue.[/quote]
There is a Peercoin group on Linkedin. When I signed up to that, my status was updated. I had two people in my email asking what this was about in the days after.
I think it works similar to Facebook, but with a work related focus.

And now I think of it, at work I also tried to barter with Bitcoins. I don’t even have them (but can always exchange a few Peercoins if needed), just to make people aware of cryptos. Unfortunately I haven’t been successful to date. But just sowing the seeds…

Hello all,

I’m fairly new to this community, but am really excited about PPC. Bitcoin is certainly my “first love” with crypto, but I was immediately critical of the arms race that proof of work creates. At this point I pretty much only buy BTC so I can convert it to PPC.

My goal is to learn the source code inside and out so I can better participate in discussions explaining PPC, especially in cases where people are attacking it.

I’m a C# developer and as a way to really learn how things work under the hood, I would like to eventually write a PPC wallet.

Anyway, I am here to help promote and support PPC! I am not the most highly available individual, but feel free to PM me if you need help doing something :slight_smile:

Also, if you see me post anything, anywhere that is wrong, please please chime in with corrections!

Now’s the time! PPC/BTC dropped quite a bit recently, especially in the last 12 hours.

As an aside, Does anyone know why?
(Started a new thread about that here: Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!)