Guide for CPU and GPU Peercoin Mining on Mac OS X - Tested

This is for educational purposes. Don’t worry. However, when I leave the “LTC for rewards” blank, and then I run CPUminer, it says that my default pool is the fabulous panda one…
Under “If you would like to choose your own primary pool” I have put the details you’ve said.
But as soon as I run it it defaults to the fabulous panda…

Try entering your pool settings on both BTC and LTC fields…

I followed your directions exactly, however after running cgminer with the ‘./mine.sh’ command, it won’t work. Here’s what terminal is saying (asterisks are to protect my info):

Last login: Sun Jan 19 22:00:10 on ttys000
a*macbook-pro:~ a2$ “/Applications/cgminer for Mac OS X.app/Contents”/Resources/cgminer ./mine.sh; exit;
[2014-01-19 22:00:12] Unexpected extra commandline arguments
Segmentation fault: 11
logout

[Process completed]

Any insight on this?

I’m using a MacBook Pro (Late 2008) with OS 10.8.5

Thanks

Eggran, that’s an issue with TextEdit auto correction and Smart Dashes. Textedit converts – into - and that gives an error of unexpected command line.

Disable auto correct and smart dashes in TextEdit and try recreating the mine.sh file.

[quote=“scottialex, post:24, topic:1067”]Eggran, that’s an issue with TextEdit auto correction and Smart Dashes. Textedit converts – into - and that gives an error of unexpected command line.

Disable auto correct and smart dashes in TextEdit and try recreating the mine.sh file.[/quote]

i would have loved for that to be the case, but i’ve double checked my mine.sh file and this is what it is (copied and pasted):

#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
./cgminer -g 1 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.d7.lt:3333 -u *** -p *** – failover-only --intensity=0

I even opened it in Xcode, the dashes are correct… Any other ideas?

[quote=“scottialex, post:24, topic:1067”]Eggran, that’s an issue with TextEdit auto correction and Smart Dashes. Textedit converts – into - and that gives an error of unexpected command line.

Disable auto correct and smart dashes in TextEdit and try recreating the mine.sh file.[/quote]

“Smart Dashes” is unchecked in TextEdit’s preferences

[quote=“scottialex, post:20, topic:1067”]Hi, when using MacMiner you use the LTC fields to specify the values for CPUminer even if you’re mining Peercoin.

That said, for D7 pool you would enter the following:

Address: stratum+tcp://stratum.d7.lt:3333
User: Your username (sastreen) followed by a . (dot) then your worker name. So it will look like this “sastreen.yourworker”
Password: Your worker password.

Alejandro[/quote]

Thank you this worked like a charm for me, the key being i entered it in ltc and btc. Thanks!

Can anyone make a guide like this about “CPU Peercoin Mining on Ubuntu Linux”? I will appreciate that! Thanks!

Thanks for the help!