Future Web Development - Content & Themes

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:20, topic:2586”][quote=“TheWildHorse, post:19, topic:2586”]There are no 7 “features”, but 3. The top three are the ones that will try to “sell” the concept of peercoin to people. To write content for those 3, please check my previous post.

The bottom 4 are the “types” of users, so they can get started and get info that is most important to them shown.[/quote]

So just to make sure, to conform Robert’s ideas to your structure, saver, consumer and how to get peercoins would all be information that is listed in “Individual.” Merchant is for all the info needed for people to accept Peercoin as payment. Developer explains Peercoin at a much deeper technical level (Not for the average user). And miner is for showing people everything about how to mine Peercoins. And all the info in these pages should be interlinked, for example info in the miner page might be linked from individual. Correct?

The top 3 should be reserved for features about Peercoin, like I’ve mentioned before, Proof of Stake Security, Energy Efficiency (Network is sustainable on low-grade hardware) and Saving (Minting for 1% reward). There are a lot more features, but the most important ones are listed here. When you click on the “learn more” buttons below each feature, where will they take you, to separate pages with only info on that specific feature, or to a general page that lays out all these topics/features and more for the average person (As non-technical of an explanation as possible.)?[/quote]
Yes, exactly, and for example, individual and merchant will both mention selling Peercoin for fiat and how it is done, but will lead to a special page that explains the process in detail.

[quote=“TheWildHorse, post:21, topic:2586”][quote=“Sentinelrv, post:20, topic:2586”][quote=“TheWildHorse, post:19, topic:2586”]There are no 7 “features”, but 3. The top three are the ones that will try to “sell” the concept of peercoin to people. To write content for those 3, please check my previous post.

The bottom 4 are the “types” of users, so they can get started and get info that is most important to them shown.[/quote]

So just to make sure, to conform Robert’s ideas to your structure, saver, consumer and how to get peercoins would all be information that is listed in “Individual.” Merchant is for all the info needed for people to accept Peercoin as payment. Developer explains Peercoin at a much deeper technical level (Not for the average user). And miner is for showing people everything about how to mine Peercoins. And all the info in these pages should be interlinked, for example info in the miner page might be linked from individual. Correct?

The top 3 should be reserved for features about Peercoin, like I’ve mentioned before, Proof of Stake Security, Energy Efficiency (Network is sustainable on low-grade hardware) and Saving (Minting for 1% reward). There are a lot more features, but the most important ones are listed here. When you click on the “learn more” buttons below each feature, where will they take you, to separate pages with only info on that specific feature, or to a general page that lays out all these topics/features and more for the average person (As non-technical of an explanation as possible.)?[/quote]
Yes, exactly, and for example, individual and merchant will both mention selling Peercoin for fiat and how it is done, but will lead to a special page that explains the process in detail.[/quote]

What about my last question? I edited it a bit at the end…

When you click on the "learn more" buttons below each feature, where will they take you, to separate pages with only info on that specific feature, or to a general page that lays out all these topics/features and more for the average person (As non-technical of an explanation as possible.)? This would be Robert's "cryptocurrency for secure savings" heading, a page that lays it all out in an easy to understand way.

I would prefer the latter, all the learn more links would take you to the same page, a place that contains a general explanation about everything, all major features, backbone currency idea, saving and minting, energy efficiency, proof of stake, preventing centralization of the network, faster wallet synching, etc… Everything would go here, but it would be a general explanation for the average user. If you click on the bottom “user type” links, that’s where it gets really specific.

If we made a general information page like this, it would probably be pretty long. There’s a lot to talk about. It can’t just be boring text though. We’d need to spice it up with some visuals to communicate the ideas and concepts more effectively. The “Why Peercoin?” button at the top could also link to this page.

Yes, that’s how I indended that to work. It will be a single “Why Peercoin?” page which will list all of those “perks” of Peercoin. And it will be spiced up with some sexy looking graphics, and presented in a visually appealing way. To keep the user interested.

The main part in doing this is to keep it short, in small segments, so we don’t have to rely on users investing into reading huge articles of text, if they want to do that they can read the whitepaper, the website should give them info in a short, easy and articulated way.

The term Individual is far too broad - we are all individuals

The needs of a saver are wholly different to those of a consumer. At the moment, the website outline, and therefore how Peercoin is portrayed to the outside world, is geared to shoppers. Peercoin is not designed for everyday purchases, but as a backbone currency, which is why it has been adopted by peershares and involved in some way with NuBits

That is not to say purchases cannot be done, but all coins do this. Some, like primecoin, confirm much faster. Emphasising that peercoin can be used 24/7 or is fast in no way differentiates it from every other coin out there, and leaves people with no incentive to switch from bitcoin or doge. We have to appeal to a much larger number of users than those that want to buy on Amazon, or the tiny number of people who are miners and developers

There is a huge number of potential users who want a safe alternative to bank accounts. The website has therefore got to broadcast the message that peercoin is a long-term storage of value, that it is a solution for them

And I stress again, this row contains just a placeholder, nothing else, do not look at its content, instead, if you have an idea what 3 things should be emphasized to potential Peercoin users, update the spreadsheet linked below. The sooner that is done, the sooner I can start working on icons and bringing the front page to a close.

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ir0hNwD_ctqkKn_5T2AgN6nv4FJB5k3aB7JLBghKS_8/edit?usp=sharing

Also, if you have an idea how we should call those types of people, please do make concrete proposals. Saying “I don’t like this” just won’t do. I need concrete proposals to what we could replace those types with.

Why are you misrepresenting me? I did not just say “I don’t like this”

You can see in my two previous posts that I have articulated a range of ideas for headings, and explained my reasoning. That is the purpose of this thread

Are you opposed to my suggestions? If so, discuss them. But please do not ignore them

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:26, topic:2586”]Why are you misrepresenting me? I did not just say “I don’t like this”

You can see in my two previous posts that I have articulated a range of ideas for headings, and explained my reasoning. That is the purpose of this thread

Are you opposed to my suggestions? If so, discuss them. But please do not ignore them[/quote]

Robert, I understand what you’re saying. The website needs to convey that message immediately, but let’s make sure of something first. Do you agree with the basic structure and layout he’s proposing for the website? Not the content or titles so far, just the structure…

1. 3 specific major features displayed about Peercoin. All 3 features have a learn more button, which take the user to the same general information page, which completely lays out in an easy to understand manner what Peercoin is, why it should be important to them and all of its major features. This page will contain visual elements helping to explain certain core concepts. The “Why Peercoin?” Button at the top of the home page also links here.

2. There will be a number of user types that will contain information specific to what they’re looking for. These pages will have sub-pages for further information in a certain subject and everything will be interlinked.

Do you agree with this basic structure?

Now, the 3 features are there to motivate the person to click on the learn more button, where the real detailed information lies. So far I’ve given 3 example features that could be used in these spaces, proof-of-stake security, saving and minting (1% reward) and energy efficiency (Netword can run on low-grade hardware and remain decentralized).

These are just examples and are not set in stone. For example, one of them can be written up to convey log-term storage of value, or backbone currency. Maybe it’s even possible to add a 4th feature to make sure this information is there.

Right above the 3 features is a small text that says “Why Peercoin?” This text can be altered and expanded to convey these ideas.

Here is the most important part, the user types. You don’t seem to think the current user types are correct because they aren’t the people we’re specifically focusing on, for example merchants, developers and miners. Even though these might be smaller segments, I feel this is still information we need to have on the website. People will need to know how to accept Peercoin. Developers would like to learn more about the detailed technical aspects behind the coin. And miners will need to know how to mine. I feel we should keep these sections.

The biggest user type section would be “individual.” We obviously need a new name for this section, but it can be used to explain much of the information that you’re concerned about in relation to how it affects the user of the coin. It would also contain basic info though like how to spend coins, how to mint and such. This page would also be linked from the general info page to show people how to get started? What title can we use for this section, what else do you feel we can put in it and how else can we improve this? First though, what do you think about my initial question about the structure of the website?

We probably need a comparison page between Peercoin and some of the other major crypto currencies.

This page might have to be updated quite frequently though.

I have found backups for BTC-e API (price in USD) and blockr.io API (amount of coins).

Price: http://cryptonit.net/apiv2/rest/public/ccorder?bid_currency=usd&ask_currency=ppc&ticker

Coins: https://peerchain.co/api/v1/networkInfo/

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:27, topic:2586”][quote=“RobertLloyd, post:26, topic:2586”]Why are you misrepresenting me? I did not just say “I don’t like this”

Are you opposed to my suggestions? If so, discuss them. But please do not ignore them[/quote]

Robert, I understand what you’re saying. The website needs to convey that message immediately, but let’s make sure of something first. Do you agree with the basic structure and layout he’s proposing for the website? Not the content or titles so far, just the structure…

1. 3 specific major features displayed about Peercoin. All 3 features have a learn more button, which take the user to the same general information page, which completely lays out in an easy to understand manner what Peercoin is, why it should be important to them and all of its major features. This page will contain visual elements helping to explain certain core concepts. The “Why Peercoin?” Button at the top of the home page also links here.

2. There will be a number of user types that will contain information specific to what they’re looking for. These pages will have sub-pages for further information in a certain subject and everything will be interlinked.

Do you agree with this basic structure?

Now, the 3 features are there to motivate the person to click on the learn more button, where the real detailed information lies. So far I’ve given 3 example features that could be used in these spaces, proof-of-stake security, saving and minting (1% reward) and energy efficiency (Netword can run on low-grade hardware and remain decentralized).

These are just examples and are not set in stone. For example, one of them can be written up to convey log-term storage of value, or backbone currency. Maybe it’s even possible to add a 4th feature to make sure this information is there.

Right above the 3 features is a small text that says “Why Peercoin?” This text can be altered and expanded to convey these ideas.

Here is the most important part, the user types. You don’t seem to think the current user types are correct because they aren’t the people we’re specifically focusing on, for example merchants, developers and miners. Even though these might be smaller segments, I feel this is still information we need to have on the website. People will need to know how to accept Peercoin. Developers would like to learn more about the detailed technical aspects behind the coin. And miners will need to know how to mine. I feel we should keep these sections.

The biggest user type section would be “individual.” We obviously need a new name for this section, but it can be used to explain much of the information that you’re concerned about in relation to how it affects the user of the coin. It would also contain basic info though like how to spend coins, how to mint and such. This page would also be linked from the general info page to show people how to get started? What title can we use for this section, what else do you feel we can put in it and how else can we improve this? First though, what do you think about my initial question about the structure of the website?[/quote]

Robert, I reread your older post in this thread and agree with your suggestion to split Individual into “Saver” and “Consumer.” This would make 5 user types, which can’t fit on one line. Saver and consumer would have to be next to each other and the other 3 would be underneath.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:27, topic:2586”]Do you agree with the basic structure and layout he’s proposing for the website? Not the content or titles so far, just the structure…

Do you agree with this basic structure?[/quote]

Hi, Sentinel

Just time for a quick answer, as it is 1.40am …

Yes, I am very happy to support the structure proposed: three icons that provide “hooks”, followed by icons that represent different classes of users :slight_smile: