GOAL: €39k for Full-Time Peercoin Development (COMPLETED)

Stop with the peer stuff.

1 Like

The problem with the larger amounts is that they don’t show a relationship to our budget and exceed the sum initially being asked. There’s a potential perception issue if we’re just asking for large quantities of money without a stated aim.

Are these monthly reoccurring? No one is going to pledge 100k every month, that’s totally unrealistic.

They are one time donations. Everything past 500 is one time.

Also, Peerchemist asked me not to change the names. He thinks it’s too much to add Peer to everything.

I’m just waiting to hear his opinion about changing the amounts. The basic idea Robert is talking about is that you align the large one time donations with development time. So for example, the first amount would fund one month of development, then the next would fund 3 months, then 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years. The amounts are set specifically to align with development time like this, so the donator knows exactly how much time they’re buying for us.

Yeah I like the amounts idea. Go ahead.

Ok, later I’ll check to see if Robert factored in the fees from Open Collective into his calculations.

I’m in. This is one of the most important projects in crypto!

1 Like

I’ve not factored in any fees, the figures I used were based directly off the €39,000. Presumably that already takes into account fees?

Nope. Don’t worry, I’ll come up with the numbers when I get a free moment.

@zattack thank you, it means a lot to have your support!

We also had another person join the 100 Peers Club in addition to Zattack.

Also, due to the fact we have 16 contributors, we’re now featured on the first page of our fiscal host, Open Collective Europe. The more contributors we have, the higher up in the list we will go, which helps with marketing our collective to others on the website.

2 Likes

want to be my peer-friend?

I did not notice until now, but thank you to @roadcrypto for donating to our BTC address.

1 Like

Alright, I’ve made the final changes to the various tiers that we discussed. I did end up using a couple of the Peer names I came up with, but many are left unchanged.

One Time or Recurring:

• Donation (Customizable)

Recurring Contributions:

• Peer (€10)
  • 100 Peers Club (€36)
  • Backer (€100)
  • Sponsor (€250)
  • Peer Pal (€500)

One Time Contributions:

• Peer Partner (€3,670)
    Dev Time: 1 Month

• Hero (€11,010)
    Dev Time: 3 Months

• Savior (€22,020)
    Dev Time: 6 Months

• Sugar Daddy (€44,040)
    Dev Time: 1 Year

• Master of the Peerverse (€88,070)
    Dev Time: 2 Years

instead of peer maybe add category “Poor” for 1 euro a month

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Peercoin best PoS

I’ve made a number of changes to the text of this thread in preparation for a newsletter to be sent out.

The newsletter has been sent out through Mailchimp…

https://mailchi.mp/f468c56d04a9/peercoin-v08-hard-fork-reminder-upgrade-wallet-before-oct-1st-4440802

5 Likes

I’m in for the 100 Peers Club. Keep up the good work guys (and get on Coinbase already! :wink: ).

3 Likes

Thanks for your help, we appreciate it!

We have something coming in v0.10 that should help with this. It’s something Coinbase asked us for back in the early days, but only now are we ready to include it.

1 Like

There is a concern recently expressed by some that Peercoin development will stop if 39k is not raised right now. This is not true.

The Peercoin Foundation currently has enough funds to pay Backpacker until the end of December 2020. Without an additional source of funding however, the foundation would need to start tapping into its peercoin reserves. At the current price of $0.26 cents, these reserves can carry Backpacker’s development activities until the end of 2021, and even longer if that price increases along with the rest of the crypto market.

The purpose of this fundraising campaign with Open Collective is to introduce an additional source of continuous funding to help prevent the foundation from needing to tap into its peercoin reserves, which are better saved for other important purposes once the crypto market rebounds, such as exchange listings, marketing and a bounty program.

I’ve edited the original announcement to reflect this.

1 Like

Get on social medias and get some attention on the project (not the fundraising)
Find some threads and get in there.