Focus on adding exchanges with PPC pairs or merchants to accept PPC?

What should be the top priority between these two? Should the volunpeer targets be focused on adding merchants or exchanges? Well preferably both.

If Peercoin is a backbone currency wouldn’t other coins paired against PPC help establish that. I know of at least one exchange (Atomic Trade) that has not added Peercoin because it lacks wallet notify. This seems like an addition that would help other exchanges integrate PPC. https://www.atomic-trade.com/about , https://www.Atomic-Trade.com?refid=HLAD3GIR (my referral)

I am of the believe that peercoin is more of a savings account and not a transactional currency. Peercoin is a backbone currency not trying to compete with the hundreds of other transactional currencies out there. This is what sets Peercoin apart. We see other coins adding merchants but should we be? Maybe we should be trying to get every exchange to support PPC and add PPC pairs. What if there were PPC/DOGE and PPC/BC pairs? Would this further Peercoins cause?

well, maybe some of us show open such an exchange that only has PPC as the base currency,

Maybe…

Fund the exchange using Peershares,

Use exclusively PPC pairs with BTC,LTC,DOGE,DRK,BC, etc take fees only in PPC and distribute them back to shareholders every week. Need some sort of incentive for using the exchange. No additional withdraw fees then required. Maybe use half revenue distribute back to users of site and other to shareholders? many possibilities

It actually serves a useful purpose. No longer having to change LTC to BTC then to PPC or DOGE to BTC to PPC. You get the picture. It allows peercoin to serve as a backbone currency in which it was meant. Currently BTC serves as the backbone currency. Traders looking to bypass the extra trading fees would try this exchange. That is of course if you can get people to use it.

Crypto to crypto exchange provides less regulatory hazards. This seems like something that would be beneficial to Peercoin if implemented. This is not where I was initially going with this thread. I was hoping Peercoin could add wallet notify and allow more exchanges to trade in PPC. Yet this seems like an interesting idea nonetheless. Thoughts?

what is _ wallet notify _?

well the exchange needs to be solid to begin with

• it may have other btc pairs, but charing trading fees where ppc pairs are free to trade at least initially
  • the exchange should keen to add new alts, especially weird alts that are difficult to support, that’s how poloniex got their name for, things like mastercoin,xcp,cryptonote,nxt crap. If it beats poloniex for being the first for a year, the exchange should get acknowledged.
  • supporting fiat is a shortcut to be a popular exchange

walletnotify is implemented in Peerunity: Add 'walletnotify' command · Peerunity/Peerunity@d172ce1 · GitHub

I think we should focus primarily on merchants and getting our name out there. When people can use PPC, it will increase demands. If demands grow more exchanges will add the PPC automatically. Last count was that we are already on over 25 exchanges, which is pretty decent imo.

I’m still disapointed to see that nobody took up the development of a plugin for one of the marketleaders in bitcoin ATMs (Lamassu). See thread here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2890.0 I think we underestimate the marketing significance of it.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:6, topic:2454”]I think we should focus primarily on merchants and getting our name out there. When people can use PPC, it will increase demands. If demands grow more exchanges will add the PPC automatically. Last count was that we are already on over 25 exchanges, which is pretty decent imo.

I’m still disapointed to see that nobody took up the development of a plugin for one of the marketleaders in bitcoin ATMs (Lamassu). See thread here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2890.0 I think we underestimate the marketing significance of it.[/quote]

I do think this is of significance as well. Hopefully someone can implement. I know our developers have been crazy busy or it would seem that way with all the work they have accomplished recently.