Expanding the Development Team

I like it too.

Yay itā€™s about time to give some titles to our dedicated team members and supporters, as long as I get to be called ā€˜architectā€™ I am happy :wink:

I was actually wondering why there are no ranks on this forum ^^

I put in a pull request, but it still hasnā€™t gotten pulled or had any further comments on. Iā€™d love to work on Peercoin, but timely pull requests and feedback are a must.

Ok three members groups addedā€¦

PPC and XPM architect - special for Sunny King
Peercoin Developer - can request membership
Primecoin Developer - can request membership

Will sort out some little icons for the stars etc

any issues / problems / suggestions please let me know

FuzzyBear

thanks fuzzy ;D

oh super sorry i was busy with xpm recently Iā€™ll go over ppc pulls soon.

[quote=ā€œSunny King, post:26, topic:159ā€]thanks fuzzy ;D

oh super sorry i was busy with xpm recently Iā€™ll go over ppc pulls soon.[/quote]You are doing good things, fair enough. Thanks!

[quote=ā€œSunny King, post:4, topic:159ā€]It would definitely be nice if talents in our community can step up and lead our marketing and application development, so that I could focus on wallet development and overall strategies.

Marketing and PR Director: responsible for planning marketing strategies and communications with media and important cryptocurrency businesses/organizations (we are lagging on this front to FTC and FRC, demonstrated by the new guardian article on altcoins)

Application Development Director: responsible for plan, coordination, development and operation of applications, such as auction market etc.[/quote]

Hi, Iā€™d like to volunteer some dev time ā€¦ but Iā€™ve no idea where to start; obviously https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin it the place to go, but then what? Iā€™d like to first understand how proof-of-stake is really implemented under the hood and then go on. Can somebody qualified give me maybe a mini task that would be solvable within a day or two?

My GitHub HQ is at https://github.com/hsk81 and Iā€™m developing a trading system called quotestream (basically a streaming engine) to be used with Bitstamp.net [see https://github.com/hsk81/quotestream]; plus Iā€™m rewriting J. Garzikā€™s picocoin (a small bitcoin client) from C to C++ to just get an understanding for bitcoin on the code level [see https://github.com/hsk81/ccoin-xx].

What I like about Peercoin is the the annual 1% inflation (and of course the no energy wasted in the long run promise): But I still have to wrap my head around it to get a real understanding. I hope to achieve that by providing pull requests for mini tasks in the beginning, and maybe for larger stuff over time.

1 Like

Hi hsk81,

To understand the proof-of-stake, you can start with my ppcoin paper. Although the content in the paper is somewhat outdated, given our v0.2 and v0.3 changes. Especially the part related to checkpoint and main chain protocol (updated in v0.2). You can refer to my weekly updates for descriptions of these protocol changes.

A good portion of the proof-of-stake related code has been moved to kernel.cpp. You can go over that file and learn about the core algorithm of stake. The comments there should help too.

Right now I am merging with bitcoin v0.8. Once the new code is stabilized a bit we can see which small project might fit in.

Best Regards,

One way I handled it at Feathercoin was creating a survey (survey monkey) and asking members to fill it out. It asked questions such as:

• What is your username on the official forum?

• Please enter an email address (if you are interested in participating)

• Our major categories include: Programmers, Web Designers, Artists, Public Relations, Marketing, Pool Operators, Miners, Tutorial Creators etcā€¦ Whatā€™s your interest?

• Tell us about your experience with question #3. If youā€™re a 10 year vet, fantastic. If this is a hobby, fantastic. If youā€™re not quite sure where you fit in the community, fantasticā€¦ weā€™ll find something! This is participation community, every bit of effort helps. No experience necessary to have a little fun here.

• If youā€™re willing to participate, how many hours a week can you volunteer?

• If youā€™re willing to participate, what days of the week are you typically available?

• Tell us about yourself (whatever you feel like sharing). How long have you been in crypto coins? What brought you to the coin? What do you enjoy most about the community? etcā€¦

I had 82 people fill it out in detail. This little survey allowed everyone to start pool talent in different areas fairly quickly. You saw Feathercoin everywhere, there was a reason. :slight_smile:

Loving the enthusiasm JBT. We need this kind of organizational power to start getting the snowball rolling. Appreciate your efforts at getting momentum generated.

I appreciate that kindly, thank you. If someone wanted to run with the project, all they would have to do is:

• Create the survey in surveymonkey

• Post it

• **** Have an admin email the existing forum members (I canā€™t remember, but most forums have an opt out) and let them know about the survey and what the forum is trying to accomplish

• Touch base with those that submit entries. I know thereā€™s enthusiastic people right now reading this message thinking ā€œIā€™m not a programmer but Iā€™d like to participateā€. Thereā€™s so much that can be done in art, promotion, organization, chat, messageboards etcā€¦

Hey - Iā€™ve already offered some of my time. Iā€™m a 10+ year experienced designer and web developer. PHP, Mysql, Jquery, HTML, CSS etc. Iā€™ll do what i can or what is required. Iā€™ve a portfolio at http://www.hireahenchman.co.nz

I think we could definitely do with a ā€œbossā€ whoā€™s prepared to organise whoā€™s doing what though. Thereā€™s little point in 5 people making web mockups etc, assuming weā€™re all reasonably busy.

Would love to be involved though so if I can help count me in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic!

Great :slight_smile: Iā€™ll be happy to take the survey once its ready.

I figure my coding skills arenā€™t necessarily up to snuff, yet, for this type of work, but Iā€™d be happy to assist with testing, QA and documentation, if itā€™s of use now or down the line. Learning more about the inner workings of the currency will be useful in communicating to others on sites what makes Peercoin different, and in my opinion, a superior long-term monetary unit than others.

I am a mobile App Developer for (iOS) for about 1.5 years. I can produce very polished app for both iPhone and iPad.

I was a president of a Society (of over 300 members) when I was in University. I know people. I can bring more people (with different skills) in if I need to. EG: Android Programmer, Graphic designer, Article writer, Business people who can get local merchant to accept Peercoin.

I know enough to understand the potential of cryptocurrency.

I can share more info about myself but I prefer in private.

1 Like

Soā€¦was there ever a survey? Please link??

Hi,

I would like join your development team.

I am familiar with C/C++, STL, QT, Linux, QA, Android, java.

1 Like