Downloading Version 0.4

Hi,

So I’m a newbie and I haven’t been too active around this community.
I’m also not as technical as you guys are.

I am about to download version 0.4 & I already have a backup of my wallet.dat file which is easy to create.
However, I am currently running version 0.3 & I have no idea where to look for my ppcoin.conf file.

Please show me where to look.

Is there a trusted Peercoin wallet that I can download that can automatically update or at least doesn’t require me to download the entire blockchain?

I’m still waiting for the future!

You don’t need ppcoin.conf in v0.4.0, but here are the directory:
C:\Users<DefaultUser>\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin

You can download Peerunity v0.1.0 (which is compatible with Peercoin v0.4.0) here:
https://github.com/Peerunity/Peerunity/releases/tag/v0.1.0

[quote=“sandakersmann, post:2, topic:2507”]You don’t need ppcoin.conf in v0.4.0, but here are the directory:
C:\Users<DefaultUser>\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin[/quote]

I’m not sure how to find that.
I entered it into My Computer’s address box and it says it doesn’t exist.

On my Windows system, I entered My Computer --> C: --> Program Files --> PPCoin -->
daemon or SRC?
When I search both I don’t see the ppcoin.conf file that I will need to rename when I place it in version 0.4

[quote=“sandakersmann, post:2, topic:2507”]You can download Peerunity v0.1.0 (which is compatible with Peercoin v0.4.0) here:
https://github.com/Peerunity/Peerunity/releases/tag/v0.1.0[/quote]

Does this work so that I don’t have to download the block chain or automatically updates to a new version or at least has an update button?

You have to download the blockchain no matter what, but it is only 200-300MB

So I need to move my ppcoin.conf from version 0.3 and rename it to peercoin.conf in version 0.4
Please explain in childlike detail how do I get this file?

You do not need that file in v0.4.0

Are you sure?
Why did he make that statement then?
http://builds.peercointalk.org/

The average Joe do not need that file. It is for more advanced users.

OK, Thanks! :slight_smile:

OK, so how do I move my wallet.dat file into the v.0.4.0?

@bitboy11
these videos might help you?

hope you sort it out…

OK, so how do I move my wallet.dat file into the v.0.4.0?[/quote]

It’s for fuzzybear’s community built wallet. If you use Sunny’s official release 0.4 wallet, the names and contents of the two files don’t change. You just need to re-download the blockchain. If you like the new logo and functions of community built wallet, get Peerunity v0.1, which was released las week.

[quote=“r00tsical, post:11, topic:2507”]@bitboy11

hope you sort it out…[/quote]
yeh this should help you resolve the issue,

if u still stuck unable to find your wallet.dat file the key part is typing

%appdata%

in the windows address bar (where it says C:/Program files/etc/etc
this will take you to your roaming folder and you can find the ppcoin dir and your wallet.dat file will be in there.

Note Sunny recommends you take a backup of your wallet.dat file with the client as copy paste can not work 100% correctly all the time.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“r00tsical, post:11, topic:2507”]@bitboy11

hope you sort it out…[/quote]

Worked like a charm! ;D