Do we need a Peershare logo?

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:40, topic:1948”]I don’t like the silver - too much like Litecoin

Peercoin represents two aspects - the backbone currency of crypto (hence the gold colour) and energy efficiency (hence the green leaf)[/quote]

Remember this is not for Peercoin though…this is for Peershares. The exact same logo would cause confusion in the marketplace.

[quote=“David, post:41, topic:1948”][quote=“RobertLloyd, post:40, topic:1948”]I don’t like the silver - too much like Litecoin

Peercoin represents two aspects - the backbone currency of crypto (hence the gold colour) and energy efficiency (hence the green leaf)[/quote]

Remember this is not for Peercoin though…this is for Peershares. The exact same logo would cause confusion in the marketplace.[/quote]

Yeah, but I don’t get confused when I see the Apple logo on different types of products, desktops, laptops, iPods, iPhones and iPads. It’s just there to show everyone those products are made by the same people. In addition, Apple has text/name logos that use the same font as we do, myriad pro.

Although, Apple hasn’t been afraid of using different color Apple logos for different productsThat’s a good point. , such as the multi-color one for the Macintosh, and different color mono-chrome versions for colored iMacs. Interesting brief article on the history of Apple’s logo here

I’m being disagreeable just to keep the debate going, I’m hoping other lurkers here will start to speak up. :slight_smile:

That’s a good point. Although, Apple hasn’t been afraid of using different color Apple logos for different products, such as the multi-color one for the Macintosh, and different color mono-chrome versions for colored iMacs. Interesting brief article on the history of Apple’s logo here

I’m being disagreeable just to keep the debate going, I’m hoping other lurkers here will start to speak up. :)[/quote]

I see. Still, I think the difference though is that nobody associates physical gold or silver with Apple’s multi-colored logos because they make computers/phones. Peercoin and Peershare are financial tools, so different versions of the logo using gold and silver may confuse people even more.

Although, Apple hasn’t been afraid of using different color Apple logos for different productsThat’s a good point. , such as the multi-color one for the Macintosh, and different color mono-chrome versions for colored iMacs. Interesting brief article on the history of Apple’s logo here

I’m being disagreeable just to keep the debate going, I’m hoping other lurkers here will start to speak up. :)[/quote]

I would agree. This would not be confused as Peercoin but as an addition to Peercoin. In the long-term scale of things, everyone would know Peercoin is the gold symbol while Peershares is the silver symbol. It is a way of keeping the Peercoin identity while also making a recognizable symbol. This is especially useful since Jordan Lee has said there is not a budget to make a symbol.
I am willing to help to the best of my abilities but I am not a graphic designer. ( I have learned photoshop and illustrator just for these recent purposes in Peercoin.)
If Jordan is wanting to have an original symbol, I feel that it may be beyond my abilities.

I feel like someone should try looking into PPCman’s idea. Something that shows ‘sharing’ first and foremost and Peercoin secondary.

I actually tried searching some of the terms he listed and it just came up with images of stock market stuff. If we did something like this, we’d most likely have to hire someone.

Hows this one? :wink:

JetJet, I think that looks great, but not better than the current graphics we’ve been working with.

Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that I’m not against using the silver Peercoin logo for Peershares. I actually really like it! I was just coming up with possible concerns we should think about. If everyone is ok with it though then we should go with that.

Hibero, I wanted to thank you for doing all this image work. To finalize everything though, I think I’m going to ask our designer Lightning to help us out with the final images. The silver logo looks great from farther away, but I noticed some errors when zoomed in. That’s ok though, as you said yourself you’re not an expert in image design. You helped us get to this point.

Before we move forward on this, I’m interested in hearing from people whether they like the leaf in the P or the a based on the previous graphics that were posted. I think the P is more noticeable, but then again the a is in almost the same spot as the i in Peercoin. We also don’t have the leaf in the P in Peercoin, so it might be a little strange to do it for one and not the other. What do you all think?

I like JetJet’s idea of arrows - but think we need to keep something resembling the present logo

How about using the existing Peercion logo, but inserting up and down arrows (symbolising the movement of shares) in the corner area, under the leaf

The arrows could be similar to those seen in this image:
http://www.bonuslovers.com/image_uploads/6wlwhv1wax.png

Do we happen to have access to the Peercoin logo mark in a vector format? I’ve got an idea that I’d like to mock up, but don’t have time (right now) to take the raster image and rebuild it as a vector image.

Your welcome. I am glad to help the community visualize some ideas for the logo at the very least.

If things don’t go well with Lightning or if he is too expensive, I would be willing to go back and spend some time on fixing up the mistakes in the logo. (I would just need a higher resolution of the leaf. I was unable to get it.) I would also use a different program to make everything more manageable.

My simple designs are only just experiments and so their main purpose is to hopefully inspire a new idea and create something better.

Cheers.

Ben, I’m not sure what a vector file is, but under the logo files download there is a file with a .eps extension. Is that what you’re looking for? It’s a larger file size than the rest I think. Go under the “Icon Only” folder and then “Without Shadow.”

David, do you know where you got that higher resolution leaf from our Twitter page?

David, do you know where you got that higher resolution leaf from our Twitter page?[/quote]

Ahh, this makes more sense for me now, I didn’t think I had access to any special logos that the community didn’t. The black Twitter header with the green giant leaf was developed by cshelwell for us. I didn’t think it would be applicable for logo development, but if Hibero (or anyone else) would like it, I’m happy to email it to them. Although it would be better to get Lightning’s vector image, as cshelswell created his own leaf, and we should be using the same one as in the circle logo.

David, do you know where you got that higher resolution leaf from our Twitter page?[/quote]

Ahh, this makes more sense for me now, I didn’t think I had access to any special logos that the community didn’t. The black Twitter header with the green giant leaf was developed by cshelwell for us. I didn’t think it would be applicable for logo development, but if Hibero (or anyone else) would like it, I’m happy to email it to them. Although it would be better to get Lightning’s vector image, as cshelswell created his own leaf, and we should be using the same one as in the circle logo.[/quote]

Is that vector image the .eps file I mentioned above? If it is, then we already have it. If not, then I have to email Lightning.

I’m going to go ahead and ask Lightning to make up these graphics for me. If we ultimately decide to go another way, then I’ll probably only be out like $50. At least they’ll be done and ready if we need them.

Edit: Message received. He’s currently working on it and will give us all the same files and folders as listed in our Peercoin download.

Awesome! Good to hear we will have it professionally made.

And you’re the one who brought the concept to life! Awesome work.