Cryptocoinexplorer is dropping support for PPC due to RPC TX info problems

I have been using http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com because some features are easier to use than on other explorers.

Now it has a message form that link saying PPC is dropped because

Three coins do not have an RPC that either support the TX information, do not provide all the TX info or the information is non-standard. I do not have the time to patch these daemons and ABE requires too many resources for me to support anymore.

I though the problem was addressed in the 0.4 wallet release? Or it was something else?

I believe glv added a fix for this which will be implemented in Peerunity 0.2. The default client only supports getting transactions from your own wallet with “gettransaction”, “getrawtransaction” is not available.

I think the block explorers providing Peercoin transaction info parse the blockchain into a database, bypassing the limitations of the client…

This is the commit that’s slated for Peerunity v0.2.0 – though it may be added earlier, if there’s a compelling reason to expedite the release, and the functionality has been fully tested.

glv’s pull request (#26): Raw transactions RPC + batch JSON-RPC

Please post any comments or concerns on that pull request or the associated issue (Peerunity #20).

[quote=“Ben, post:3, topic:2434”]This is the commit that’s slated for Peerunity v0.2.0 – though it may be added earlier, if there’s a compelling reason to expedite the release, and the functionality has been fully tested.

glv’s pull request (#26): Raw transactions RPC + batch JSON-RPC

Please post any comments or concerns on that pull request or the associated issue (Peerunity #20).[/quote]
I can’t verify the implementation, but I understand it would simplify application development for Peercoin related services and conversion of Bitcoin apps to Peercoin. I believe one or more projects on peer4commit that are stalled, can possibly revived when this is sorted. Not sure whether that would qualify as a compelling reason though.

I can wait. Not much reason to change the plan. There are plenty of other things to do besides explore the block chain ::slight_smile:

Try hibitcoin.com, it is nice.

My understanding is that nearly everyone building cryptocurrency applications is using the RPC from the latest bitcoin as their standard. Catching the PPC RPC interface up to that should be a top priority, or the network of related services will quickly die and without those the coin will fall into deep trouble.

+1

Agreed, but there are only so many hands that can move the coin forward. We need more people willing to help share the load and push Peercoin into the future that it deserves.