Crowdmine PPCoin Pool - Beta Testers Wanted

Can we get a status update on the pool? It now shows 1 block found but no rewards were assigned per submitted shares. Has all this been worked out? And what is the block number that the pool found?

Hey guys, I wanted to introduce myself. I am another person that is working on this project with robotrebellion. First off let me say thank you for helping us beta test and find find potential issues. Without community help, we can’t make this a success to help the community.

So here’s the update and our status: We identified a key issue that prevented found blocks from being submitted to the network. As we wrote a significant portion from scratch, this is exactly the sort of things we needed some hashing power to detect. We diligently worked at identifying the cause, and correcting it properly. We have everything working and submitting properly now, and because we want you to be confident that we are approaching this project professionally, we’ve credited your accounts using PPLNS for one block’s worth of PPC out of pocket. Those owed bonuses (block round bonus, and the beta first-round bonus) have also been credited."

As I noted before, we are really wanting to make this project available for the benefit of the ppcoin community and we appreciate your patience and help in seeing this through to success.

[quote=“wind0wlicker, post:22, topic:305”]Hey guys, I wanted to introduce myself. I am another person that is working on this project with robotrebellion. First off let me say thank you for helping us beta test and find find potential issues. Without community help, we can’t make this a success to help the community.

So here’s the update and our status: We identified a key issue that prevented found blocks from being submitted to the network. As we wrote a significant portion from scratch, this is exactly the sort of things we needed some hashing power to detect. We diligently worked at identifying the cause, and correcting it properly. We have everything working and submitting properly now, and because we want you to be confident that we are approaching this project professionally, we’ve credited your accounts using PPLNS for one block’s worth of PPC out of pocket. Those owed bonuses (block round bonus, and the beta first-round bonus) have also been credited."

As I noted before, we are really wanting to make this project available for the benefit of the ppcoin community and we appreciate your patience and help in seeing this through to success.[/quote]

I hope you realize it cost me over 2BTC to beta test with those miners. Let’s be 100% sure that we can actually mine something before we get all the miners on there.

I just posted in “Features Requested” on the pool but I can’t see that topic… Is it hidden?

I hope you realize it cost me over 2BTC to beta test with those miners. Let's be 100% sure that we can actually mine something before we get all the miners on there.

It is unfortunate that you incurred losses. I hope that having paid out of pocket for one block’s worth of PPC (+bonuses) we have made at least some restitution. I agree, let us work out the kinks before you migrate all your workers to the pool. I am expecting that the next block we discover will go smoothly and restore confidence.

I see the topic and have responded. Great ideas! I love stats too. :smiley:

I lost my confidence in basic functions of the pool. But I tell you what, I think we need to apply ourselves to the innovation here: My 80GHs miner makes .8BTC/day and I don’t think you have enough hashing power to test the pool so to split the risk for .4BTC I will retest the pool for 24hrs (I risk .4 & you lease the miner for 24hrs). If all goes well you move out of beta and announce the pool. We need to do it fairly quickly because BTC difficulty jump will cause the ppcoin hash rate to sky rocket again.

password recovery tool please 8)

seems fair for someone with the large hashing power… split the risk etc, and would allow u to verify the pool fully working with that amount of hashrate on it.

The avalon is back on there. We should find around 2 blocks in 24hrs. BTC has around 611 blocks before it all goes crazy again.

[size=14pt]Good news everyone! [/size]
[size=14pt]We have just found a block and everything has gone smoothly as expected![/size]

[size=12pt]Here it is on block explorer. [/size] :smiley:

Congrats to sahkan for finding it!

[quote=“robotrebellion, post:30, topic:305”][size=14pt]Good news everyone! [/size]
[size=14pt]We have just found a block and everything has gone smoothly as expected![/size]

[size=12pt]Here it is on block explorer. [/size] :smiley:

Congrats to sahkan for finding it![/quote]
Looks like we are finding blocks now. I just don’t understand the pay out system. Can someone explain it?

We use a Pay-Per-Last-N-Shares (PPLNS) reward system, where N is set at 2*Difficulty. The basic method is this: When a block is found, payment is given to shares in a window, starting with the most recent share submitted and going backwards up to N. Shares older than this are not paid. So if difficulty is 1 million, then the most recent 2 million shares will be counted.

PPLNS does away with the concept of “rounds” and miner rewards are instead determined using a moving time window. As you mentioned on the crowdmine forums, this is similar to BTCGuild’s concept of “open” and “closed” shifts. PPLNS was originally proposed by Meni Rosenfield, and Meni has gone on to compare it with other reward systems such as PPS, ESMPPS, DGM, etc…

FYI: We’re updating to a new SSL certificate. If you see a message about a certificate mismatch, then that’s why.

Looks like robotrebellion is busy at school. But the site is up and running with all the features. I will go ahead and advertise the site:

https://ppc.crowdmine.org/

I will be pointing one of my avalons this afternoon to the pool, so feel free and come over to join the party. One of the cool features is the block reward, you find the block you get the .5%, fun feature for those with a slower speed that get lucky and find the block. I am sure robotrebellion will add some more stats as soon as he is done with his thesis.

The link isnt working. Is the pool still around?

Ill be on and off when I can test stuff out to help you with stuff :slight_smile: