Coins received from blockchain?

Hello and good day
Question: How can I send or receive my coins from Blockchain (Explorer) to my wallet or make them visible?
To the story: I sent the coins from Bittrex to Peercoin with the address from the wallet, which worked without any problems. But then the app synced for hours and stopped working, so I had to delete it. Now I can install it but can no longer open it (the window opens and immediately disappears again - Windows 10-11).
Then I installed the Peercoin app on another laptop with Ubuntu 20.04 lts and I can start it. But how do I get the coins from the blockchain to my wallet. I can see it on the Peercoin Blockchain Expl., but it says no wallet. When I click on send on the Bockchain Explorer, the wallet opens automatically, which means it works but then I don’t know what to do next. Or I have to make a request to receive it.
I am thankful for any help.
Greetings

[image]

There are others better qualified than me to help, but the opening and sudden disappearance of the client on Windows might be due to antivirus software. If so, you need to create an exception for it within the antivirus software. Then retry installing the Peercoin client on Windows. You then might find your coins

However, you say you deleted the app from Windows. What does this mean: did you uninstall the Peercoin client, or actually delete all the files? This is important, as the coins would have been kept in a file called wallet.dat, perhaps located at:
C:\Users\yourownname\AppData\Roaming\Peercoin
If you did delete it all, rescue it from the recycle bin.

If you want to import coins to the new client on Ubuntu, you’ll need the private key.

1 Like

I want to send the coins to my new client Ubuntu - import. After installation, I was able to copy the wallet address to receive the coin, but strangely I didn’t have to provide a password or anything similar
The app immediately started syncing for hours until my laptop stopped. Normally I know it a little differently, compare with Trezor Wallet.!?
What I have is the wallet address (Peercoin) and the send history from my Bittrex account and I can see the coins in the Peercoin Blockchain Explorer that they were received - and it says no wallet. What can I do now? Can the coins be returned so I can do it again?

Kind regards, JĂĽrgenJ.
Ps.: My Windows laptop won’t start the wallet and I found only one empty Peercoin folder.

To import to the new client on Ubuntu, you need the private key, which is a very long string of letters and numbers - it doesn’t sound to me like you have it.

Explain what you did when you deleted the app/client on Windows. Did you manually delete the folders?

What is the location/path of the empty Peercoin folder?

Hello
Today I tried to find out what happened to the folders and files and searched the hard drive but didn’t find any wallet folders or files except percoin-cli. exe – peercoind.exe- wallet.exe from 11/23/2023.
Tomorrow I’ll try to reset Windows to the point in time but I don’t believe it will work.
At that time, I uninstalled the app normally via Windows and reinstalled it, where it no longer worked during synchronization, and then the error occurred that I could no longer open it (only a frame with the contents “white” opened and closed immediately again ) I then I contacted the Peercoin foundation because there were problems registering and logging in to support. And they recommended installing a newer version because the screen capture I sent them looked like an old version. I did that several times, without success.

What should I do now.
Is it possible to send the coins back to Bittrex?
I would also like to say that the app is easy to install at the beginning, but then there are no instructions on what to do during installation or a notice that the app starts to sync and that it can take ( a long time!!) a while. There is simply no information or leading available to the user.!!

GrĂĽĂźe JĂĽrgen J.

It’s not possible to send the coins back to Bittrex until you have them in a client.

On my Windows 10, the installed Peercoin software is at this location:
C:\Users\yourownname\AppData\Roaming
(“yourownname” is the name of a folder that you will have to identify).
That address contains the Peercoin folder, and wallet.dat is in that folder

If you’ve uninstalled Peercoin from the Windows laptop, the Peercoin folder won’t be there, but it would help to make the above address visible, which it might not be because the above path includes “AppData” which is a hidden file.

Go to your system search bar (usually bottom left) and type in “File Explorer Options”. That should bring up a box, select the View tab, and choose the button that says “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”. Then click OK.

Then navigate to C:\Users\yourownname\AppData\Roaming\ and see if there is a Peercoin folder.

@Bird7776666 peercoin-qt syncs from zero to 100% in about 30 minutes.

And yes, your coins are obviously in the Peercoin-QT wallet. In that first Windows installation you are mentioning.

@Bird7776666 if you need help in German, DM me.

1 Like

Hallo
Mein Problem ist ja bestimmt schon bekannt. ?!
Ich hab jetzt den Windows Rechner durchsucht - keine “Wallet-Dat” gefunden und eine Systemwiederherstellung zu diesem Zeitpunkt versucht, was leider nicht möglich ist.
Dann hab ich ein Dat - Recover gemacht und einige Peercoin Dateien vom 22.11. gefunden. Habe aber keine Ahnung, in welcher der Private-Key sein könnte bzw. wie man sie öffnet wenn er existiert.
MfG. JĂĽrgen

Private keys sind wirklich nur in der wallet.dat. Diese lagen ursprünglich im ppcoin oder peercoin root, sind jetzt aber in einem wallets unterordner… Falls es irgendwie hilft: Bitcoin und Peercoin sind hier nahezu ident, nur dass die Ordner anders heißen.

%AppData%\Roaming ist bei Windows das maĂź der Dinge

1 Like

This is a hidden file. GrĂĽĂźe, did you do the following?

Go to your system search bar (usually bottom left) and type in “File Explorer Options”. That should bring up a box, select the View tab, and choose the button that says “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”. Then click OK.

Hallo
Die Wallet - Dat. hab ich nicht gefunden, aber verschiedene Dateien wo vielleicht dazugehören.
Wie heiĂźen denn die untergeordnete Dateien.?
MfG. JĂĽrgen

Moin JĂĽrgen,

die Privaten SchlĂĽssel, ohne die du nicht weiterkommst, sind wirklich nur in der wallet.dat. Die heiĂźt auch nur so.
Vielleicht probierst du es mit einem Datenwiederherstellungstool?

Willy

On my computer, if I search “wallet.dat” in File Explorer, from the C: level, it does not find the wallet.dat file. In fact, it finds searching rather arduous.

I also don’t find wallet.dat if I search from C:\Users, or C:\Users\myownname\

However, I do find wallet.dat when I search from:
C:\Users\yourownname\AppData\

Hallo

Ich hab alles versucht und finde sie nicht mehr, mittlerweile mußte ich sogar den Laptop platt machen, weil sich wie bei der Peercoin Wallet kein Programm sich mehr öffnen und dann auch nicht mehr Starten “Booten” ließ.

Es war von Anfang der Wurm drin.!

Als erstes bei der Installation ging alles wie „Geglaubt“ von selbst und man konnte gleich die Adressnummer kopieren.

Aber gleich nach der Transaktion von Bittrex zu Peercoin, fing bei gar nichts mehr an zu funktionieren ( Synchronisierte und stockte und die Synchronisationszeit änderte sich stets von Tagen zu Stunden-Minuten - Tagen usw. ) , so dass ich versucht habe mich beim Support anzumelden, was sich auch schwer zu gestalten herausstellte „ man konnte sich nicht Registrieren wenn man die Zeilen vollständig ausfüllte zB.: wollte die Registrierung nicht meinen vollständigen Namen etc. obwohl die Zeilen vorhanden waren – Komisch.!!

Darauf hin habe ich in meiner Not den Peercoin Foundation angeschrieben und einen Screenshut nach verlangen gesendet.: und eine nette Person antwortete mir, dass es nach dem Bild zu beurteilen um eine Ältere Version handeln müsste und rät mir eine neuere zu Installieren , was ich auch versuchte. Die Neuinstallation ( Neuinstallationen x-mal !!!) funktionierte auch nicht mehr ( es öffnete sich ein Rahmen und verschwand gleich wieder ) , was mich langsam verzweifeln ließ.

Mittlerweile funktionierte das Registrieren beim Support und ich bekam ein link für den Blockchain- Explorer, um zu sehen wo meine Coins verblieben sind . Der Peercoin – Talk schrieb mir eine E-Mail mit der Info, das es Synchronisationsprobleme mit der Blockchain gab und Kontostände falsch angezeigt werden, sowie einen Link für den Live-Chat, wo ich nicht klarkam ( Misstrauisch wurde) und sich laut ihrem Mitarbeiter herausstellte das der Link Betrügerisch ist ( gelöscht wird ) und ich bloß keine Daten herausgeben soll.

Es ist hier seit am 22.11.2023 so blöd gelaufen, so dass ich das Vertrauen zu Peercoin verloren habe.! Angefangen mit der Wallet – App , wo man nicht weiß, was sie macht und wo es keine Installationsführung gibt „Step by Step“ bis zur komischen Registrierung- Anmeldung beim Support. Des Weiteren hat man das Gefühl, das man nicht weiß, wer für einen Zuständig ist.: Peercoin Support oder über E-Mail Peercoin Talk. ?

GruĂź JĂĽrgen

Ps.: ich wollte doch nur meine paar Coins sicher Aufbewahren.

"Und soeben beim Enloggen, habe ich gefĂĽhlte 10 Minuten gebraucht bis ich hier 
    auf der Antwortseite  gelandet bin," irgend etwas läuft da schief,!!

Jürgen… von welchem Peercoin Support sprichst du bitte?