Coinmarketcap

I know no one is terribly big on this, but I had to share this while looking at the market caps on various sites.

I loaded it up after playing some Diablo 3 and in position 6 replacing Dogecoin was a coin called Marine Coin. I’d never heard of it. it had a total of 92billion coins and the market cap was already at 43million, it showed a 24h volume of 669$ at a -99.87 24h change. I refreshed the page, and it was gone, not in the list anywhere.

Happened at 10pmCST.

Thoughts? (Not on the coin necessarily, but the fact that it was on/off so fast) a coin that is like 90+% premined is not a Marine coin, unless they are Pirate Marines…
lol

See this post:

Coinmarketcap.com is flawed and is not a good source of info

Every one treats coinmarketcap like it is some sort of authority in the industry. Its statistics and method of calculation haven’t been properly peer reviewed. They also have not been verified or tested, and people are making financial decisions based on this flawed data.

coinmarketcap.com needs an entity like coinmarketcap-watchdog.com which monitors them, and checks their validity on an ongoing basis. This where the market is suppose to self-regulate. So far it isn’t doing that…

My pet peeve is coinmarketcap.com. I like the concept, I really dislike the execution of it.

ppcman, agreed. Especially marketcap calculation of the pre-mined coins like Auroracoin is deeply flawed.

[quote=“ppcman, post:2, topic:2076”]See this post:

Coinmarketcap.com is flawed and is not a good source of info

Every one treats coinmarketcap like it is some sort of authority in the industry. Its statistics and method of calculation haven’t been properly peer reviewed. They also have not been verified or tested, and people are making financial decisions based on this flawed data.

coinmarketcap.com needs an entity like coinmarketcap-watchdog.com which monitors them, and checks their validity on an ongoing basis. This where the market is suppose to self-regulate. So far it isn’t doing that…

My pet peeve is coinmarketcap.com. I like the concept, I really dislike the execution of it.[/quote]

ppcman - I agree with you totally. I’ve read that link shortly after I joined the forums, but thanks for pointing it out in case others come across this thread.

I look at several different sites to get an idea of the averages. I just happened across this and I thought I would share with the folks here
and see what they thought of the ‘ghost in the machine’

Was just for casual conversation sake. :slight_smile: