Coinkite, Point of Sale terminals (adding Peercoin)

JBT posted somewhere in October that PPC would be added to Coinkite (see www.coinkite.com). Checking them out it seems they have added Blackcoin but not Peercoin. Does anyone know what happened and why Peercoin was not added?

With NXT pushing hard to get into POS systems we should be a bit more visible in this space.
With Blackcoin already added it should be pretty straightforward.

Anyone interested to contact Coinkite on what they need to add Peercoin?

Have you seen this? http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/273xph/peercoin_on_coinkite/

Yup. I don’t know what to think about it really. I kind of think of the 25 BTC donation thing as like paying for ad space. Like there will be news about Peercoin being added and for people using the terminal they will also see it and maybe as about it. It’s like buying an ad I think. I would donate to this, because I think we need the exposure, because without exposure we can’t create awareness. This kind of ad would also enable people to use peercoins which I think is a bonus. :slight_smile:

Well, it won’t cost 25 BTC to add Peercoin if they already added blackcoin. It sounds more like a revenue stream for them indeed. We might do an offer take it or leave it. 500 PPC max to cover their expenses I would say. Maybe we have to wait a bit longer until more competition shows up.

are you going to make a peer4commit donation about this case?
i think this donation would be a very profitable investment :wink:

[quote=“seki, post:5, topic:2510”]are you going to make a peer4commit donation about this case?
i think this donation would be a very profitable investment ;)[/quote]
Maybe later, let’s wait until they have another contest.
See their tweet: https://twitter.com/Coinkite/status/470639863507984384

[quote=“Cybnate, post:6, topic:2510”][quote=“seki, post:5, topic:2510”]are you going to make a peer4commit donation about this case?
i think this donation would be a very profitable investment ;)[/quote]
Maybe later, let’s wait until they have another contest.
See their tweet: https://twitter.com/Coinkite/status/470639863507984384[/quote]

If they have another contest, some small alt will be ready to make the full donation and win the contest immediately, like what happened with Blackcoin last time. There wouldn’t be time for a peer4commit fundraiser. I’m not a big fan of encouraging these kind of payments to services that should be adding us anyway. But as others don’t seem to feel as strongly, I think making them an offer before the next contest might be a better option.

I agree with river. Scamcoins can pay a lot with temporarily manipulated monopoly money.

Peercoin doesn’t have temporarily manipulated monopoly money, we would have to pay in real value so it is not a game that I think serves us.

P.S. unless some early mining Peercoin whale wants to play, then OK.

we don’t really need whales if we are a large community of little fishes :stuck_out_tongue:
we can collect what ever amount they are asking.
on the other hand i am afraid that this ugly method would be edtablished between
services and coins, meaning everyone that manage to startup a good service will
ask whatever he wants to “support” “your” coins. do we really need that?

I think this is a good candidate for someone to raise a proposal under the new marketing fund once it goes live and is funded. When community thinks this is worth say 250 PPC, then we can make Coinkite a take it or leave it offer and see what happens.

if you think you can negotiate such a small amount plz go ahead.
i can give 200ppc for this, i am not a whale though ;D

[quote=“seki, post:11, topic:2510”]if you think you can negotiate such a small amount plz go ahead.
i can give 200ppc for this, i am not a whale though ;D[/quote]
Your guess is as good as mines. They might not budge at anything less than 25 BTC.

[quote=“seki, post:9, topic:2510”]we don’t really need whales if we are a large community of little fishes :stuck_out_tongue:
we can collect what ever amount they are asking.
on the other hand i am afraid that this ugly method would be edtablished between
services and coins, meaning everyone that manage to startup a good service will
ask whatever he wants to “support” “your” coins. do we really need that?[/quote]

There are lots of whales in PPC ocean, 1.85million, I feel uncomfortable with this, worried about the decentralized.

i never trust those statistics. the same wallet can have tens of different addresses with a total amount of milions!
where can you see that? also the huge ppc addresses can be of a fund wallet owned by more than one person.
althouth i suggest for the big wallets to devide their amount to different addresses because newbies and uneducated
people (in cryptos) will definetelly be turned away due to these numbers :slight_smile:
sorry for the off topic

[quote=“seki, post:14, topic:2510”]also the huge ppc addresses can be of a fund wallet owned by more than one person.
althouth i suggest for the big wallets to devide their amount to different addresses because newbies and uneducated
people (in cryptos) will definetelly be turned away due to these numbers :slight_smile:
sorry for the off topic[/quote]

Yes, I also was concerned and wondered: why would someone hold so much in a single address. Then when chatting with Ben once in the chatbox he said some of those huge PPC addresses could be owned by exchanges, and I checked - you can easily tell by the recency and frequency of transactions to an address.

It’s been a while and I don’t remember exactly how I did it, but somehow I traced one of the most active big whale PPC addresses to being the Btc-e.com exchange.

thanks for pointing this out. it is true not all addresses belong
to individuals. i have the impression that as time goes by, the coins’
amount is more spread than the blockchain statistics show :wink: