CLOSED: Vote for your Favorite Font to go Along with the Logo

We may have been given a great opportunity for some exposure, (Not confirmed yet) but first we need to provide an image of our logo with the title “Peercoin” underneath it. We wanted this to look professional, so I’ve once again hired Lightning (Peercoin Logo Creator) to help us out. The color and font of “Peercoin” will most likely be applied to many things in the future, so we wanted to do this right the first time.

Lightning has provided us with a font sampler image, which you can see below. Once a font has been chosen, he’ll most likely be providing me different color variations for that font. I’ve assigned a letter to each font in the image below. Please vote for the letter of your favorite font. Remember, we need something professional looking. It should fit with the style of the logo. The logo and the font should complement each other. Please choose carefully.

Vote for a letter:

A B C
D E F
G H I
J

Click link for larger image:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Sentinelrv/LogoTextSamples1.png~original

We really appreciate this! My #1 pick is A, with H as #2.

I would have to vote A also. I really like D, but it just doesn’t match the style of the logo.

I vote D as well. Not sure what you mean by not matching the style of the logo, it looks great to me.

I like F. But it might look better in a different color.

It seems classy.

I asked my wife and she liked E, A, and F the best.

We both don’t really like the look of the ones where the letters are touching together.

A, D, or J.

I vote for A, D, F.

[center][size=72pt][glow=red,2,300]E[/glow][/size][/center]

A or E.

To be completely honest, I don’t think any of these fonts are what we’re after. Noane are particularly distinctive and they are all very bland

From this selection I like sample “C” best. It looks in my opinion more businesslike than most others.
Wouldn’t it be a good idea to include a poll to this topic?

I’m not sure if there are enough options. I’m also afraid of people gaming the poll. We did it this way for the logo contest and it worked pretty well.

Does anybody else that has voted already feel this way or no? I’m not going to keep this poll open for much longer and right now it looks like A is winning. We don’t HAVE to pick any of these. If you don’t like them, please speak up. I’ll have to get back to Lightning soon with an answer.

u should have added poll… but E is my vote

E is my first pick.

F would be a close second with A in third.

vote J ;D

Could we see it in another colour, white text on a white background might lead to some issues.(e.g. if trying to print it out)

I also agree with mcgin that all the options look pretty bland.

In the original post I said that we’re just selecting for font right now. After that we’ll select the color.

It seems somebody added a poll to the first post, maybe Fuzzy? I’m not sure whether to include these new votes because I don’t know where they came from. I have a concern about double voting.

Also, just so you guys know it’s costing me $35 an hour for this and I just don’t have the money to keep this going if we have to ask for more fonts to choose from. I figured this wouldn’t be too hard to figure out, but if people don’t like the fonts here then I’m not sure how to proceed. Thoughts?

Well even if we choose wrong it can always be fixed later. :slight_smile:

I’d suggest choosing number 7, mostly because it and number 4 look clearest spacing wise, and i like the thinner look of the letters in number 7 compared to number 4.

Number 6 is alright, but it looks as if its in too small a font.

They’re seem to be far more posts than poll votes(2 pages vs 3 votes) so it’d probably be best to just count the posts rather than votes.

Thanks you for doing this.

In the original post I said that we’re just selecting for font right now. After that we’ll select the color.

It seems somebody added a poll to the first post, maybe Fuzzy? I’m not sure whether to include these new votes because I don’t know where they came from. I have a concern about double voting.

Also, just so you guys know it’s costing me $35 an hour for this and I just don’t have the money to keep this going if we have to ask for more fonts to choose from. I figured this wouldn’t be too hard to figure out, but if people don’t like the fonts here then I’m not sure how to proceed. Thoughts?[/quote]

I don’t think everyone will be 100% happy regardless of what is picked, but it seems like enough votes are coming in in favor of one of the options that we can go with it. I think the fonts that are presented aren’t over-the-top fancy, but that’s a good thing…very few major brands have crazy fonts that might be hard to read. If we’re trying to convey security and value, I think the font choices above are great.

Ok, people voted for more than one in their replies, so I included all the votes in the total. Alertness included votes from his wife. I didn’t include the votes from the poll at the top. I didn’t include it in the first post because I knew people might choose multiple options and it would restrict their voting. I also don’t know if somebody voted twice, so I’ll disregard it and only include votes from those who posted. Here are the results…

A-8
B-0
C-1
D-4
E-4
F-5
G-2
H-1
I-0
J-2

Does anyone have any problem moving forward with A? I’ll wait maybe an hour for replies and then I’ll let Lightning know so he can continue on to the next step and give us a color selection. Even if for some reason you don’t like the current selection, we can call this temporary just for the sake of getting the image done in time and if you still feel strongly about it then you can bring up the issue again later. Are we ok to proceed?