[CLOSED] Item #2: Huffy Post Article

[size=14pt]Item #2: Comment about Peercoin (PPC)[/size]

Swarm is open for 48 hours

In a recent article on Huffington Post, they mention alt currencies such as Feathercoin and Namecoin. No mention of Peercoin, this is unacceptable.

Action

1. Go to http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/will-bancroft/internet-government-money_b_4145276.html

2. Read the article and make a positive comment about Peercoin (PPC)

3. Yes, signing up for an account takes about 30 seconds. Keep track of the password, I’m sure we’ll be back here again.

4. When you’re done, please reflect it was finished here:

1. Let us know in this post when it’s accomplished. We need to start showing up in numbers.

Let’s do this!
John

I would recommend we also email the writer of the article to educate him on Peercoin. Include lots of details and links to Sunny’s interviews. This will help in the future when these same people write more articles about cryptocurrency. Just please don’t be rude because he didn’t list Peercoin, educate him.

Also, the Huffington Post requires a Facebook account and Facebook doesn’t work at my job. I’ll have to do this when I come home.

Damn it. I already wrote quite a bit of a comment for that article (so much that I had to split it into two comments) before I realized that I need a Facebook account to post a comment. I tried to make a sophisticated comment which presents Peercoin well, but not only peercoin just to make the comment sound fair.

I’d be happy if someone could post this as comment!

This part should come first to have the comments in the right order on the website:

split comment following; 2/2 
Let me get back to PoS coins. The advantage of Peercoin over Novacoin might be that it can profit from the legions of ASIC miners which are produced and delivered currently with an increasing speed. Once these devices can't be operated profitably on the Bitcoin network, their owners might search for alternatives. And here comes Peercoin into play, because Peercoin's PoW mechanism utilizes the same hash algorithm as Bitcoin and is hereby compatible for those devices (Novacoin uses Litecoin's PoW mechanism and is not compatible). 

Reflecting all the pros and cons regarding the new ideas and concepts new coins have broght to the crypto coin sphere, I must come to the conclusion that Primecoin and Peercoin are indeed the most interesting innovations, which might become even more important in near future. By now it they are on the upper places regarding market capitalization: http://coinmarketcap.com/

and this is the introduction which needs to be posted after the other one.

split comment following; 1/2 
Thanks for bringing attention to the amazing world of crypto coins!
Bitcoin has indeed been a great idea. I think the choice of alternative crypto coins in the article should be complemented. Because there are some other crypto coins which enhance aspects of Bitcoin. Let me add some technical and architectural aspects and some other coins.

Litecoin of course introduces a new idea by adding another hashing algorithm. And the idea behind Namecoin is also worth mentioning. But I miss crypto coins like Primecoin, Peercoin and Novacoin as they are innovative; some more, some less, but they all are!

Both Peercoin and Novacoin amend the Bitcoin Proof-of-Work (PoW) concept and the way the network is operated by a so called Proof-of-Stake (PoS) concept. For more details please have a quick look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPCoin#Proof-of-stake.
Whereas Primecoin has a new and unique mechanism for Proof-of-Work.
Primecoin shows that completely different PoW (no SHA256 but Cunningham-Chains and bi-twin chains; more details can be found in the primecoin paper or here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primecoin) is possible and other ideas may follow to make use of computers all over the world for distributed computing on problems that currently need supercomputers. People are already spending computing power e.g. on SETI@home, Folding@home or BOINC. With problems that can be integrated in a PoW for a crypto coin there is another incentive for even more people to join: they earn coins for offering computing power... 

I posted your comments on there.

Thank you very much!