[CLOSED]Group Buy of USB ASIC's miners - 0.6BTC + P&P (Order placed)

Good I’m excited to find out how many we can get at that price. Need moar hashes!!! :smiley:

I’ve been keeping track of yxt’s thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246020.260

Looks like there won’t be any official news about discounted pricing for existing customers, or new pricing in general until 1 August at the earliest. Might be closer to the 4th.

It does look promising though…

ok I got this from yxt:

I put your parcel on hold with the price dump over the WE,
and will send you quantity considering the new price…
hope this is/was in your interest, or you can choose old price and discount prog
which should start next week

Which explains why the USB miners have not shipped yet :frowning: but least we look to be able to buy at the 0.6btc price it seems…

However I have to ask as not just my BTC in this buy… what do people want to do?? Are you all happy to wait and get the price drop? will most likely mean we won’t be able to buy at 0.1btc… but i get the feeling that we could only buy the number we bought at 1btc…

I am happy to wait for the 0.6btc price and I will be topping up my order to round off to a whole number of USB miners… e.g.
Bought 4 and paid 4btc … now price 0.6btc… could get 6 for 3.6btc or pay extra 0.2btc and get 7 of them so I will be doing the latter.

I am open to people doing this on their current orders to round up one USB with little more BTC should be no problem…
I am open to asking yxt to push the order through for some peoples USB’s at the 1BTC and getting those shipped if u just want the device now, and those that want to wait can wait with me.

Will have to confirm what the situation is on limits of numbers of orders but I can’t imagine this will be a problem so if you would like to get in on this GB at this price please post in this thread or PM me

FuzzyBear

When I read about the 0.1BTC discount plan for existing orders, I also figured it would only be available for the same number that you had bought at 1BTC, giving you a price of 0.55BTC each.

Assuming that this is the case, I have a choice of paying an extra 0.5BTC to take my order of 5 up to 10 on the discount plan, or an extra 0.4BTC to top up the 5 to 9 at the new 0.6BTC price. Getting an extra USB miner for 0.1BTC seems like the better deal.

Having said that, I’d like to get the miners sooner rather than later. So if waiting to hear about the discount plan, or taking advantage of it is going to delay shipping by more than a week or so I’d rather just top up my order. With the cost of international shipping, I don’t want to take the miners over two shipments.

Whichever option we end up taking I think we’ve been very lucky with the timing. I’m sure those who have bought recently, but don’t qualify for the discount plan will be cursing their bad luck.

[quote=“AlexMc, post:44, topic:176”]When I read about the 0.1BTC discount plan for existing orders, I also figured it would only be available for the same number that you had bought at 1BTC, giving you a price of 0.55BTC each.

Assuming that this is the case, I have a choice of paying an extra 0.5BTC to take my order of 5 up to 10 on the discount plan, or an extra 0.4BTC to top up the 5 to 9 at the new 0.6BTC price. Getting an extra USB miner for 0.1BTC seems like the better deal.

Having said that, I’d like to get the miners sooner rather than later. So if waiting to hear about the discount plan, or taking advantage of it is going to delay shipping by more than a week or so I’d rather just top up my order. With the cost of international shipping, I don’t want to take the miners over two shipments.

Whichever option we end up taking I think we’ve been very lucky with the timing. I’m sure those who have bought recently, but don’t qualify for the discount plan will be cursing their bad luck.[/quote]

It looks like a min of 0.16btc for the people who bought at 1btc price from yxt so i don’t think there will be any saving really… and yeah I think we have been very fortunate on the price and timing.

I want to get the miners asap as well hence y i wanted to clear this all with everyone before the weekend so I can just tell yxt what we are after and send any necessary btc to him to top up the order.

yeah I was in the very first GB… paid 2.6btc i think it was for one!! and it only probably mined 0.3btc at most i’d say 24/7 since being in my possession… but the free electricity comes in handy here to make up my losses :stuck_out_tongue: just don’t want the difficulty to rise too much over next 3 months but that not gonna happen :stuck_out_tongue:

FuzzyBear

If you are going to get the order in by the weekend, and everyone else is keen, then I’m happy to take my order up to 9 units and send you the extra 0.4BTC. Just confirm if I should send to the same address as the original payment.

My Anker USB hub should be arriving in the next day or two and I think it supports 9 USB devices, how convenient!

I take it your mooring fees include all your electricity. Datacenter Ahoy!

[quote=“AlexMc, post:46, topic:176”]If you are going to get the order in by the weekend, and everyone else is keen, then I’m happy to take my order up to 9 units and send you the extra 0.4BTC. Just confirm if I should send to the same address as the original payment.

My Anker USB hub should be arriving in the next day or two and I think it supports 9 USB devices, how convenient!

I take it your mooring fees include all your electricity. Datacenter Ahoy![/quote]

Just sent you a PM with new deposit addy so please send to that address and yes happy to up your order to 9 no worries :slight_smile: convenient on the ankerUSB hub :slight_smile: u have a link to the exact one u bought?? good for reference as i may get carried away one day needing more USB ports :stuck_out_tongue: and for others

well technically no the electricity not included with mooring fees… i just on a special electricity hookup point and it doesn’t work properly… as in does give me electricity but does not count down the amount loaded on the meter… so best of both worlds :slight_smile: is why I have been able to run 6 PC pretty much for over a year now :stuck_out_tongue: so yeah my own mini datacenter :stuck_out_tongue: Trying to get BTC to pay for my full wind and solar turbines and battery bank so I will have guaranteed free electricity for the rest of my life… and it has paid for the invertors and one battery so far :slight_smile: need about £3000 for the full setup though… but after that i could run air-con 24/7 and the PC’s 24/7 so long as the sun was shining or the wind was blowing :slight_smile: but till then… shhhhhhhhhh cos the marina don’t know!! and i only on a temporary berth so will be moved eventually :frowning:

FuzzyBear

oh also only having internet on a USB dongle kinda limits me to :frowning: no static ip :frowning: and 500KB bout the best DL speed i get

edit: hmmm sorry seem to have gone emoticon mad… my bad!!

[quote=“AlexMc, post:46, topic:176”]If you are going to get the order in by the weekend, and everyone else is keen, then I’m happy to take my order up to 9 units and send you the extra 0.4BTC. Just confirm if I should send to the same address as the original payment.

I take it your mooring fees include all your electricity. Datacenter Ahoy![/quote]
Ok we ready to order …and I’m keen to order NOW!!

I got u down for 9 devices then and u owe an extra 0.4btc (i got enough to cover this on the order so i’m placing now and please just send the btc to me once u see this)

Don’t worry if you want to order more … or less … i can sort either for you, just PM me and i’m sure we can work out what best :slight_smile:

FuzzyBear

I have placed the order 8)

I’ve transferred the extra 0.4BTC and sent you a PM with the Transaction ID.

The USB hub I’ve ordered to run the miners is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Release-Anker%C2%AE-Uspeed-Charging-Adapter/dp/B005NGQWL2

Although the hub appears to have 10 ports, only 9 of them are linked up to comms. The one at the bottom is only for power, but it supplies up to 2.1A, so I may be able to power my Raspberry Pi off it. Alternatively I may use it for a USB fan as I understand the USB ASIC miners can get rather hot.

I’m still waiting to receive the USB hubs, as the forwarding company (MyUS) didn’t provide a commercial invoice with an invoice number, and now they’re stuck at customs >:(

Once I do get the hub, and the miners I’ll let you know how they work together.

Fuzzy can you confirm you got the extra 1BTC I sent you?

I’m building them up slowly! After this orders arrives I will have at least 8 of them hashing away 8)

[quote=“craslovell, post:51, topic:176”]Fuzzy can you confirm you got the extra 1BTC I sent you?

I’m building them up slowly! After this orders arrives I will have at least 8 of them hashing away 8)[/quote]

Sorry thought I had confirmed, yes 1btc extra received from you and you are down for 5 in total.

FuzzyBear

So the package we can track from the page before… does that include the extra miners we ordered or just the original ones before the price drop?

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

Regular postage works fine for me, no signature necessary. Saves you a little money and saves me a trip to the post office after work :slight_smile:

All packages have been sent and are in the mail making their way to your hungry USB hubs :slight_smile:

Thank you again all those who took part in the GB i am PMing u details for ur postage

Fuzzybear

:frowning: Da Red Wunz go Fasta

:frowning: Da Red Wunz go Fasta[/quote]

yeah i heard that the golden ones can mine Nuggets as well and have a higher % chance of hitting the Vlad Golden Blocks… least the black ones are immune to being sucked into black holes… Sorry I just realised I should have send some magic markers with the miners… then you could have painted go faster lightning stripes on them… gets an extra 4GH out of each one… ok enough trolling my own thread!!

Do please let me know when they have arrived :smiley:

FuzzyBear

:frowning: Da Red Wunz go Fasta[/quote]

My 8 USB Block Erupters arrived today. Thank you very much FuzzyBear (yxt and Friedcat aswell ofc) :wink:

Looking forward to the next group buy!

… However, it was a monolithic bloc; Ford wrote in his autobiography that in 1909 he told his management team that in the future “Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black” … ;D