Cgminer.conf example file for Peercoin mining

If you are trying to set up a pool, I recommend you get in touch with one of the users here, MrBickle. He’s set up the Ecoining peercoin pool that I mine at, so I know he and his team have at least worked through the big challenges for a MPOS-based pool.

I have already setup pool but there is something wrong about ppcoind

Hello to all! I need some help. I’m trying to mine PPC with my CPU I made registration at peercoin.ecoining.com and set my workers, but I have some problems with which program to use and how supposed to look my .bat file. Could somebody tell me which program to use for mine with CPU. Thank you in advice.

Just got my miner all set up and working, but it is currently set up to mine Bitcoin, using CGMiner, Raspberry Pi is the controller. I am using Minera as a control front-end, which is very nice looking :slight_smile:

I’m wanting to solo mine, so my understanding is that I need to edit the cgminer.conf file, and I need some help for that. What parameters do I throw in other than the port for Peercoin?
The Pi is running as a full node using Peerunity, do I need to do anything special to link the miner to my wallet to get credit for mining?

[quote=“fishb0ne, post:24, topic:734”]What parameters do I throw in other than the port for Peercoin?
The Pi is running as a full node using Peerunity, do I need to do anything special to link the miner to my wallet to get credit for mining?[/quote]

I think that’s about it. PPC-RPC Port/User/Pass and you should be ready to go.

Found blocks will appear in your pi’s Peercoin wallet. Nothing more to do :slight_smile:

you need to set up a username and password in the ppcoin.conf like this

server=1 listen=1 daemon=1 rpcuser=X rpcpassword=Q rpcallowip=localhost rpcport=y port=z

now you can use your miner client and start solo mining like this:

cgminer -o [url of pc running peercoin client]:y -u X -p Q

you can also do something easier, like

cgminer -o [url]:y -u PPCADDRESS -p x

iirc

If this changes anything, I am using Minera as a front-end for CGMiner.

Turns out I was actually using BFGMiner which wasn’t playing nice at all with my Rockminer R-Box. It was causing the pool to show as dead and an error rate of about 30%. I switched over to CGMiner and without changing any other configurations, the error rate went completely away and the pool started working again like a lightswitch. I’ve ended up joining a pool after all. I’m gonna play around with some overclock parameters and see if they work.

Hey guys, could use some advice on setting up my antminer S3 and terraminer. Both have a similar interface but no matter how I enter the pool / user/ worker/ password it just won’t connect. Both run an in house cgminer. Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same needed, please help us :slight_smile: