Can Primecoin survive without a Marketplace?

One of the things that keeps Bitcoin going is the thousands of BTC in business transactions(million of dollars) that happen every day. Even Litecoin does a sizable number. Other than mining and trading I really don’t see that for Primecoin. How can we compete in the crowded altcoin market if people aren’t actively using it as a currency?

If it where up to me the entire community would spend at least 1 XPM per person, one day a week, on a Primecoin service, business, or charity. We could also automate this to make it easier, and/or make some sort of Humble Bundle service.

You can see the lack of meaningful transactions from the transaction/block plot here http://xpm.muuttuja.org/charts/.
However I am not sure if BTC and LTC did as well as XPM did less than three months after the first block was mined.

[quote=“mhps, post:2, topic:375”]You can see the lack of meaningful transactions from the transaction/block plot here http://xpm.muuttuja.org/charts/.
However I am not sure if BTC and LTC did as well as XPM did less than three months after the first block was mined.[/quote]Cool link. Threw 1 XPM your way. Primecoin is doing great so far, no doubt about that. My concern is the long term success. The added value of primes is nice, but its not a convincing point to use Primecoin over any other coin.

Ok well I couldn’t resist http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?board=32 8)

Be the first to list your business :slight_smile:

FuzzyBear

Thanks. First tip I ever get. Just passed it on to Mikaelh who made the charts. So that is some contribution to XPM transaction volumn.

Primecoin is doing great so far, no doubt about that. My concern is the long term success. The added value of primes is nice, but its not a convincing point to use Primecoin over any other coin.

XPM confirms way faster than BTC that is for sure. I wonder if there is an auction site like ebay that allows me to get rid of unneeded stuff in exchange of XPM directly.

Thanks. First tip I ever get. Just passed it on to Mikaelh who made the charts. So that is some contribution to XPM transaction volumn.

Primecoin is doing great so far, no doubt about that. My concern is the long term success. The added value of primes is nice, but its not a convincing point to use Primecoin over any other coin.

XPM confirms way faster than BTC that is for sure. I wonder if there is an auction site like ebay that allows me to get rid of unneeded stuff in exchange of XPM directly.[/quote]Ha ha. This community is too nice. I also made the same donation to him as well after I tipped you.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:4, topic:375”]Ok well I couldn’t resist ドローン選びのポイントを学ぶ! 8)

Be the first to list your business :slight_smile:

FuzzyBear[/quote]Well the real question is what does the Primecoin community really want. I can code anything as long as there is a demand for it.

I plan to make ppc marketplace support that in the future, but if anyone beat me to a nicer site I would be quite happy :wink:

I plan to make ppc marketplace support that in the future, but if anyone beat me to a nicer site I would be quite happy ;)[/quote]

It seems that BitMit is the only auction site that accepts a cryptocurrency (bitcoin) and is in reasonable shape. I wonder how easy would it be to let it accept XPM/PPC. Not having fast asic or graphic card XPM is the only coin I can mine at a meaningful rate with computers that I have. Even we don’t consier the cool aspect of XPM of finding prime number chains, it is a normal people’s coin. XPM is suffering from being CPU-only because the botnets are taking advantage. However the ease of mining can also be an advantage – anyone with a computer can mint some XPMs and get on both the buy side and sell side of crypto economy. An auction site accepting XPM would help this people-to-people trading.