BX Thailand is shutting down. You must withdraw Peercoin before Nov. 1st, 2019

https://twitter.com/PeercoinPPC/status/1169640185539235842

Bitcoin Co. Ltd. has decided to discontinue offering digital exchange services and wallet services at our BX.in.th website in order to focus on other business opportunities.
This means that after September 30th 2019 all trading on the BX.in.th will be stopped.
We ask that all customers withdrawal any funds held at the BX.in.th website into their own bank account or digital wallet.
The company will not be seeking to hold an SEC issued Digital Asset Exchange license for the year 2020, and we ask all customers to withdraw their funds before November 1 st , 2019.
After 1 November 2019, the company will continue to open the BX.in.th website only as a method for customers to contact the company about outstanding issues.
All deposits will be disabled after September 6 th , 2019 (23.59 pm).
If you need any assistance in withdrawing funds please open a support ticket and our staff will be happy to assist you.
We thank our loyal customers for using our BX.in.th services over the past 5 years and trust you have been happy with the service provided. Please note that all fund are completely safe and all customers will receive 100% of their funds returned to them.

Looks like SEC compliance was too much. Such is life.

I have a question since I’ve been a little out of the loop for a while but what is going on with SEC regulations in regards to exchanges?

I’m not sure on the exacts, but most are required to have KYC and some kind of insurance + transparency which is pretty costly. Most exchanges have really small user bases and they can’t live off the fees during bear season so I think they just decide to give up for now.

1 Like

Ah okay. That makes sense. Come to think of it, I recall Bitmex had a thing not too long ago where they stopped accepting U.S. customers for KYC reasons.

Binance, Polo, Bitmex, everybody is under pressure from the US which is why everybody is leaving until the regulation is settled.