Btc 51% attack probability

here is an interesting thread

maybe we could capitalize on this by promoting ppc’s properties…

Of course centralization is a big threat to bitcoin. And of course I use these facts to promote ppc. All should do this!

Here is another link about ghashio and a doublespending:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327767.60

very interesting thread :slight_smile: I just put another 2 btc into PPC because of this thread alone

Fuzzybear

Interesting read indeed. I agree with one of the other posters in the reddit though, why would they want to potentially destroy the bitcoin network and in turn their profits? Seems like they must been so enticed by the short-term profits they have no cares about the long-term effects.

We’re wired as human beings to discount future profit (often expontentially) in the chase for short-term advantage. Hyperbolic discounting is an interesting topic.

They could destroy bitcoin network and then immediatly invest in Peercoin. That would make them stinky rich :slight_smile:

Because bitcoin has become widely recognized worldwide throughout this year I think it has become the victim of many speculation.

We’re wired as human beings to discount future profit (often expontentially) in the chase for short-term advantage. Hyperbolic discounting is an interesting topic.[/quote]

Like that statement. Very true and interesting. Maybe the average Peercoiners have a less active version of this slightly disturbing gene? Assuming Peercoin is more about long term than short term. Not saying that they won’t like short term profit. And no, I don’t have any bitcoins other than some ‘dust’.

Anyway 2014 will be interesting in the crypto scene. 51% is the number and Peercoin the name to remember 8)