Boast how many block u solved, PPS and length of time mining

Ok so i interested who got lucky? who deserves more luck, and everything else :stuck_out_tongue:

my stats:

Mining ~ 21 hours
PPS ~ 130
Blocks found = 3

Computer - Alienware M17X R3
Mining - 10 hours
PPS - 80-90
Blocks - 1
Primecoin - 19.84

Computers - i7 3770 && i7 3615QM (laptop)
Mining time - 22 hours
PPS - 300-500
Blocks - 30
Primecoin - 602.82

[quote=ā€œgudmunsn, post:3, topic:203ā€]Blocks - 30
Primecoin - 602.82[/quote]

Wow, what a difference from mine. Is there anyway I can improve my performance here? Iā€™m at work now, but if I remember right, I think I have a i7 2720 with 8gigs of ram.

[quote=ā€œgudmunsn, post:3, topic:203ā€]Computers - i7 3770 && i7 3615QM (laptop)
Mining time - 22 hours
PPS - 300-500
Blocks - 30

Yeah that is impressive and shows the modern day CPUā€™s make all old CPUā€™s obsolete with solo mining any coin these daysā€¦ need to get stand alone miner sorted and pools setup for the small primers 8)

[quote=ā€œSentinelrv, post:4, topic:203ā€][quote=ā€œgudmunsn, post:3, topic:203ā€]Blocks - 30

Wow, what a difference from mine. Is there anyway I can improve my performance here? Iā€™m at work now, but if I remember right, I think I have a i7 2720 with 8gigs of ram.[/quote]

I think I just got lucky early. I have found 0 blocks in the last 3 hours on both machines even though Iā€™m at 400 primespersec combined. I wonder if the windows binary was compiled to favor certain types of processors? I donā€™t know much about that, but I seem to recall that you could compile with different instruction set flags, or something like that.

ok my little laptop with 8-15 PPS hit a block !! so you just got to keep at itā€¦ and I think you maybe are unlucky Sentinelrv

Athlon 64x2 (Dual Core) 2.8Ghz
Mining Time 1 day
PPS 5-40
Blocks 1 (19.47 XPM)

6 Different CPUs
Around 350 PPS combined
3 blocks in 24 hours :frowning:

[quote=ā€œcraslovell, post:9, topic:203ā€]6 Different CPUs
Around 350 PPS combined
3 blocks in 24 hours :([/quote]

I guarantee that is above average right now. Good stuff!

Iā€™m at 86 PPS using 3 of 4 threads on an I3-3225 FSB OCd from 3.3 to 3.4 GHz. Ivy Bridge and Haswell CPUs seem to be killing it right now for PPC. Wondering if my LTC mining will be hampered if I use all 4 threads?

PPS - 260 combined from 4 machines.
Blocks Solved - 2
Time Mining - 5 hours

Any estimate on how long before immature blocks are confirmed?

I have 22 blocks, but my main computer restarted last night because of windows update and I didnā€™t have primecoin on autostart.

I5 2500k (150 pps) and I7 4770k(240pps). both cpuā€™s are at stock speed on win7 x64.

[quote=ā€œDudeGuy, post:10, topic:203ā€][quote=ā€œcraslovell, post:9, topic:203ā€]6 Different CPUs
Around 350 PPS combined

Iā€™m at 86 PPS using 3 of 4 threads on an I3-3225 FSB OCd from 3.3 to 3.4 GHz. Ivy Bridge and Haswell CPUs seem to be killing it right now for PPC. Wondering if my LTC mining will be hampered if I use all 4 threads?[/quote]

Perhaps it is above average but gudmunsn makes me feel inferior :stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed with my rigs that cgminer is definitely impacted by using all cores. You have to save it a small slice of the processing power!

I got my first block after 23 hours of mining at 120 PPSā€¦

lukejr on bitcointalk is claiming 1000PPS on a basic processor with some coding optimizations. Now we know where all the blocks are going.

If only I could code!

lukejr on bitcointalk is claiming 1000PPS on a basic processor with some coding optimizations. Now we know where all the blocks are going.

If only I could code![/quote]

FROM BITCOIN FORUM

[quote="gudmunsn"]LukeJr, do you have any hints for people getting started on where to look or what to look for? Are you running Linux?[/quote]Well, the most obvious one was hashing the block header once per nonce instead of 1-3x... I think the rest of my optimizations required actually comprehending the code :)

I have no skillz in the programming stuff, but this would be nice to figure out.

[quote=ā€œcraslovell, post:13, topic:203ā€][quote=ā€œDudeGuy, post:10, topic:203ā€][quote=ā€œcraslovell, post:9, topic:203ā€]6 Different CPUs
Around 350 PPS combined

Iā€™m at 86 PPS using 3 of 4 threads on an I3-3225 FSB OCd from 3.3 to 3.4 GHz. Ivy Bridge and Haswell CPUs seem to be killing it right now for PPC. Wondering if my LTC mining will be hampered if I use all 4 threads?[/quote]

Perhaps it is above average but gudmunsn makes me feel inferior :stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed with my rigs that cgminer is definitely impacted by using all cores. You have to save it a small slice of the processing power![/quote]

Donā€™t worry. My mining has been significantly slowed for some reason. In the last 9 hours, Iā€™ve only found 1 blockā€¦and the diff has only gone from 7 at start to 7.257. I wonder what ā€œdifficultyā€ with primecoin means? Perhaps it is a lot different than bitcoin/litecoin/copycatcoin diffā€¦

If only I could code![/quote]

FROM BITCOIN FORUM

[quote="gudmunsn"]LukeJr, do you have any hints for people getting started on where to look or what to look for? Are you running Linux?[/quote]Well, the most obvious one was hashing the block header once per nonce instead of 1-3x... I think the rest of my optimizations required actually comprehending the code :)

I have no skillz in the programming stuff, but this would be nice to figure out.[/quote]

For anyone looking to optimize, i think this is one of the places where lukejr is talking about: https://github.com/primecoin/primecoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L4610
Hashing it twice when you only need to hash once.

Anyone going to put together a stand alone CPU miner? Iā€™m not loaded in coins but Iā€™ll offer up 2LTC for anyone who wants to build it. There is another request by Volkshork and a donation of 1BTC to dev.

Iā€™ve mined 18 blocks with about 1500 PPS costs me about $10 a day been mining for 18 hours.