[Beta] New Peercoin.net

Nice job super.

How about using different shades of green instead of blue?
Our theme is energy efficiency after all.

Some samples:

[quote=“CoinBadger, post:16, topic:1224”]In the mining section at the bottom there is only 3 pools listed and nothing that really describes the mining itself, how pools work, how to setup pools, and general information for the less technical to understand the mining process. If that is just a link to the mining section of the forums then that is fine but the more information available that is not forum digging the more people will get interested. The page is good but if the page has built in information laddering you can get information out to the level the person is interested in without the steep curve.

Just a thought and suggestion. take it as you like :slight_smile:

CoinBadger[/quote]My writer actually just wrote tutorials for mining and minting. Need to get the core layout done before I can include them.

[quote=“lumierre, post:21, topic:1224”]Nice job super.

How about using different shades of green instead of blue?
Our theme is energy efficiency after all.

Some samples:
http://webdesignledger.com/inspiration/50-green-web-designs-to-inspire-you[/quote]Will try to lean more toward green, but major changes to the current template are unwarranted at this time.

I’ve tried to correct most of the major errors. I think we are at a point where the beta site is many times better than the current site. Will push tonight. As always I follow a live development cycle, so changes will be pushed as needed. I will try to push toward n33d design changes, but it will take some time.

There is a mining and mining guide in the repo, but I need to make some template changes before I can make them live. Feel free to discuss below, but note that I will probably miss your suggestions unless they are posted here:

https://github.com/super3/Peercoin.net/issues?state=open

I also would suggest dropping Coinotron from the list of Pools. They have 0Ghz running PPC. There is others out there we could include in the list.

CB

[quote=“CoinBadger, post:25, topic:1224”]I also would suggest dropping Coinotron from the list of Pools. They have 0Ghz running PPC. There is others out there we could include in the list.

CB[/quote]If someone could provide me with a list that would be helpful.

Thanks mate. If you need my help for anything else just shoot me a message.
Someone sent me a private message and pointed something out though, Peercoin is a “green and energy effecient” coin and the header is all dark. What do you guys think of a green-ish header? Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 08.38.14.png - Droplr

No idea who is was but thanks a lot for those Peercoins. Appreciate that very much.

EDIT: Now I see that other people pointed that out, too.

I’m not sure why our beautiful Peercoin logo (Gold + Green leaf) is now shown on that new site as nothing more than a background shadow, or a rough-cartoon in the video. :frowning:

Our “green leafed” P coin logo, is our mark, yet that new prospective website seems to not really show it off. It should. It’s the most recognizable thing we have for our brand to date.

The space ship logos remind me of GalaxyCoin or CosmosCoin, both aren’t doing well as altcoins and it brings us down to their level in my opinion.

If I had to choose, I’d stick with our current website than this proposed one.

[quote=“ppcman, post:28, topic:1224”]I’m not sure why our beautiful Peercoin logo (Gold + Green leaf) is now shown on that new site as nothing more than a background shadow, or a rough-cartoon in the video. :frowning:

Our “green leafed” P coin logo, is our mark, yet that new prospective website seems to not really show it off. It should. It’s the most recognizable thing we have for our brand to date.

The space ship logos remind me of GalaxyCoin or CosmosCoin, both aren’t doing well as altcoins and it brings us down to their level in my opinion.

If I had to choose, I’d stick with our current website than this proposed one.[/quote]

I’m quite new here so I’m careful what to say : ) Though, I think the new site is a great step forward. I agree with your point that the logo is now “just in the background”. What about the thought to add the coin logo to the very top left, where the text “Peercoin” is placed? Maybe we can also use the leaf more often in the design.

[quote=“ppcman, post:28, topic:1224”]I’m not sure why our beautiful Peercoin logo (Gold + Green leaf) is now shown on that new site as nothing more than a background shadow, or a rough-cartoon in the video. :frowning:

If I had to choose, I’d stick with our current website than this proposed one.[/quote]Noted.

Thanks mate. If you need my help for anything else just shoot me a message.
Someone sent me a private message and pointed something out though, Peercoin is a “green and energy effecient” coin and the header is all dark. What do you guys think of a green-ish header? Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 08.38.14.png - Droplr

No idea who is was but thanks a lot for those Peercoins. Appreciate that very much.

EDIT: Now I see that other people pointed that out, too.[/quote]Ha ha. I’d be careful. I may hit you with a few dozen messages. Have a portfolio or something? Love to see what you are fully capable of.

Wonderful website!
—edit—

#Peercoin "Download Now" button links to a SourceForge page. Come on, back to the early '00s?! http://peercoin.net
https://twitter.com/fnstudio/status/415043185073594369 ??? mad or something ??? :D

Haha :slight_smile: Sent you a PM

It’s looking nice, but there are a few bugs.

For example, if the browser is re-sized or viewed from a mobile the

• 's from the header and the button is not vertically aligned. There are also some floating issues when when you hover or click on the docs button.

Also, I have to agree with some previous posters, the logo being used as a background and covered up by the slogan kinda ruins it a bit, maybe not so much on a small screen but when viewed on a larger screen I would probably put “Sustainable. Secure.
    Peercoin is here.” and the download link below the coin logo or put the slogan above the logo with the download link below it.

Lastly I would change Peercoin at the the top left corner and make it the same as it appears on this forum with the coin logo the leaf above the “i” and PPC below it.

Overall it does look neat, well done!

• [quote=“CoinBadger, post:25, topic:1224”]I also would suggest dropping Coinotron from the list of Pools. They have 0Ghz running PPC. There is others out there we could include in the list.

CB[/quote]

Coinotron is turning off PPC mining while working on its stratum implementation.It’s a pool with relatively long history and one of the pillar pools when other ones where unstable. I’d suggest we keep it.

Cool if coinotron is going to be moving to stratum then keep them. Here is a list of pools I found that support PPC so far. Still digging.

just wanted to add, the same counts for TheSevens pool (historic value). Although he announced the pool will be closing, it never closed, and people are still mining on it. http://theseven.bounceme.net/~theseven/pool/poolstats

[quote=“mhps, post:34, topic:1224”][quote=“CoinBadger, post:25, topic:1224”]I also would suggest dropping Coinotron from the list of Pools. They have 0Ghz running PPC. There is others out there we could include in the list.

CB[/quote]

Coinotron is turning off PPC mining while working on its stratum implementation.It’s a pool with relatively long history and one of the pillar pools when other ones where unstable. I’d suggest we keep it.[/quote]

Love the look of the new site. The only thing that I personally don’t enjoy is the aqua FAQ at the bottom.

If you find a way to add it, I’ll fill in the links. I just don’t want to spend a lot of time on it if it’s not heading on the site anytime soon. Just let me know!

Nice job Super3, now I know why the value of Peercoin spiked in the last week :wink:

Regarding press kit etc:

Maybe just put it under Docs (where the wiki is)? Or at the bottom of the page.
    I think it’s useful to have it somewhere on peercoin.net without having to go to the forums.

There are at least three wrong spelled words in the info video on the site. For example, “needet”, “environementally”. Any way to fix that? Makes it look a bit less professional.