ARTISTS: We need a 728px x 90px animated banner or flash banner

I don’t know. If it only takes 3 cigarettes, isn’t there the danger of looking not professional enough? Generally speaking, bad marketing can do more harm than no marketing… On the other hand, we don’t have a full-time marketing person anymore. No offense, just my honest opinion

Edit: Is that the ALIEN movie font??

[quote=“Drummel, post:20, topic:2159”]Opinion time :slight_smile:

I love the banner, but if I might suggest… The “Peercoin is here” reminds me of a horror movie. It feels …umm. Off? from the rest of the banner
Any chance that could be changed to “feel” more stream lined? Or was the intention, well… intentional?[/quote]

[quote=“Sebsebzen, post:21, topic:2159”]I don’t know. If it only takes 3 cigarettes, isn’t there the danger of looking not professional enough? Generally speaking, bad marketing can do more harm than no marketing… On the other hand, we don’t have a full-time marketing person anymore. No offense, just my honest opinion

Edit: Is that the ALIEN movie font??[/quote]

I haven’t commented because I didn’t want to offend DancingBear or something, but I have to agree with these comments. I don’t like the look of the animated banner at all. It looks very unprofessional to me. If it used Peercoin-like graphics and had a different message then maybe I’d like it, but this just doesn’t do it for me. I was having Lightning make us banner ads, but had to stop him because the Peerunity logo is more important. Once that is finished, I’ll have him start working on the banners again.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:22, topic:2159”][quote=“Drummel, post:20, topic:2159”]Opinion time :slight_smile:

I love the banner, but if I might suggest… The “Peercoin is here” reminds me of a horror movie. It feels …umm. Off? from the rest of the banner
Any chance that could be changed to “feel” more stream lined? Or was the intention, well… intentional?[/quote]

[quote=“Sebsebzen, post:21, topic:2159”]I don’t know. If it only takes 3 cigarettes, isn’t there the danger of looking not professional enough? Generally speaking, bad marketing can do more harm than no marketing… On the other hand, we don’t have a full-time marketing person anymore. No offense, just my honest opinion

Edit: Is that the ALIEN movie font??[/quote]

I haven’t commented because I didn’t want to offend DancingBear or something, but I have to agree with these comments. I don’t like the look of the animated banner at all. It looks very unprofessional to me. If it used Peercoin-like graphics and had a different message then maybe I’d like it, but this just doesn’t do it for me. I was having Lightning make us banner ads, but had to stop him because the Peerunity logo is more important. Once that is finished, I’ll have him start working on the banners again.[/quote]
Sometimes something is better than nothing. I’m not a fan of it, but it may attract some different people to Peercoin, who knows. Broadening our markets :wink: And it will motivate us all to come up with something better! So in that way I like it.