ARTISTS: We need a 728px x 90px animated banner or flash banner

I went to Coinmarketcap.com and saw the 728x90 banners they have on the top of the screen and bottom.

They are currently charging a reasonable $5 per 1,000 impressions. Even $50 gives us 10,000 impressions and “Branding” capabilities with our target audience seeing the ad.

The problem is that we need some one with decent graphic artist abilities to create some 728x90 banners in Photoshop that are animated.

Before we do a fund raiser for internet marketing in this area, it would make sense to get some banners created for these reasons:

1. If the community donates the funds for impressions or pay-per-click ads, the graphic work is already done

AND ALSO:

1. If any one wants to post these banners and images on their own websites to send traffic to peercoin.net or peercointalk.org, now they have a graphic banner to do it with

While we are waiting for the first Peercoin animated video to be created with the funds raised, any proficient Photoshop graphic artist that can produce a 728x90px animated banner, we’d love to hear from you. :slight_smile:

We do have a presskit already. What we need also, is an advertising kit with royalty-free banners and buttons that people can use on their own websites to link to peercoin.net and peercointalk.org

Good idea, we do have ‘Peercoin accepted’ buttons though, but not sure if you meant that by buttons.

We might negotiate in to get some banners from some of the frames of the video if they are suitable or just as minor additional work in the same style as the video. Most of the artwork (sketches etc.) is already done by then, so not much additional cost to ask for a few PNGs, MOVs, JPGs or BMPs or whatever format is appropriate.

But maybe I’m oversimplifying it…

Just my thoughts.

About the buttons:

Flashy animated PNG or GIF buttons that say things and link to official sites, like:

“I love Peercoin”

“I own PPC, do you?”

“What’s a PPC? Click to find out”

“Heard of Bitcoin? Click to discover PEERCOIN”

“PEERCOIN Supporter. Find out why”

“Digital Currency. Get some Peercoin”

…on and on… a full screen of “choose your own animated banner or button” and let people decide to put any of them on their own websites, blogs, facebooks, twitter etc. As long as the image links back to peercoin.net or peercointalk.org, that’s all that matters.

It’s time to stop keeping Peercoin some undisclosed secret. We don’t just get to be in the public eye every time the media writes about it. Let’s make this a viral effort.

Over the last 4 days I’ve visited dozens of websites and did not see any links or images about Peercoin. Let’s spread the word together.

Does it have to be animated? I could maybe ask Lightning to make a banner, but I’m not sure if he does animation. What about something static like our Facebook or Reddit banner, only sized correctly. It could contain the both the Peercoin icon and text logos as well as the slogan, maybe a little message like you posted if there is more room.

Why does this need to be a GIF and not static?

The benefits of animated banner ads in advertising:

1. Used properly, it can divert some one’s eye to that portion of the screen. When they re-visit a site like coinmarketcap, often it is a return visit, and they know where to look to find the information they are seeking (ie: PPC’s graph or % change)

By having something flashing, moving, or animating, it catches their attention. A human instinct is to notice things that are moving.

1. It expands your real estate. While a banner image is only 728x90px, just flipping the image with an animation just once in a period of two seconds, you’ve just doubled the amount of information your ad can convey.

2. It allows for more creative story telling, the use of moving pictures can often enhance the message you are trying to convey.

But I’m open for debate on these, because after writing this message, I found this:

blogs.webtrends.com/2013/12/which-works-better-static-vs-animated-ads/

Which suggests that static images could be better.

Perhaps we could have both?

Something like this, perhaps?

[quote=“ppcman, post:6, topic:2159”]But I’m open for debate on these, because after writing this message, I found this:

blogs.webtrends.com/2013/12/which-works-better-static-vs-animated-ads/

Which suggests that static images could be better.[/quote]

The Webtrends article did not provide data on the viewing platforms, which, imo, will naturally affect CTRs on GIF or flash ads.
Perhaps a review of Coinmarketcap.com’s traffic data will be helpful. Analysing their top traffic referrers may also prove to be useful (Alexa.com has data on this).

Yes! Thanks for that… Wow, where did you come from? :slight_smile:

I like it. How hard is it to make modifications to that, is it easy? Is it in a PSD file?

Was not expecting to see that… thanks for the surprise!

Be green, go HTML5 with GreenSock http://www.greensock.com/ :slight_smile:

Yes! Thanks for that… Wow, where did you come from? :slight_smile:

I like it. How hard is it to make modifications to that, is it easy? Is it in a PSD file?

Was not expecting to see that… thanks for the surprise![/quote]

You’re welcome.
Modifications are easy enough, but will take some time ( around an hour).
Not PSD - a hodge podge of stuff.
Let me know what changes you’d like. 8)

Oh, if it isn’t easy, don’t worry.

I noticed that the 3 words at top, with the dot, and then space, broke up the words better, spacing wise.

But the “Peercoin is here” has only a single space, which squishes the words together more.

I just figured an extra space (or two) between the “Peercoin is here” words would help.

But if it would take an hour don’t worry about it. I can make use of the banner in its current form.

I’m going to ask Lightning to make us some static banners. I forgot about this thread until now.

@sentinelrv

One of the banners should mention some thing about the vibrant Peercoin community and the banner would encourage people to click on it to direct them to www.peercointalk.org

Another banner should say some thing like, Peercoin, the new investment crytocurrency (with a link to www.peercoin.net)

This way we have 2 different banners, one targets peercointalk the other one targets peercoin.net

[quote=“ppcman, post:12, topic:2159”]Oh, if it isn’t easy, don’t worry.

I noticed that the 3 words at top, with the dot, and then space, broke up the words better, spacing wise.

But the “Peercoin is here” has only a single space, which squishes the words together more.

I just figured an extra space (or two) between the “Peercoin is here” words would help.

But if it would take an hour don’t worry about it. I can make use of the banner in its current form.[/quote]

I overestimated the time needed - it only took about 3 cigarettes long. :wink:
Here it is.

[quote=“DancingBear, post:15, topic:2159”]I overestimated the time needed - it only took about 3 cigarettes long. :wink:
Here it is.

[/quote]

That is fantastic!

It really stands out now. Thanks a lot!

[quote=“ppcman, post:16, topic:2159”][quote=“DancingBear, post:15, topic:2159”]I overestimated the time needed - it only took about 3 cigarettes long. :wink:
Here it is.

[/quote]

That is fantastic!

It really stands out now. Thanks a lot![/quote]

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

[quote=“DancingBear, post:17, topic:2159”][quote=“ppcman, post:16, topic:2159”][quote=“DancingBear, post:15, topic:2159”]I overestimated the time needed - it only took about 3 cigarettes long. :wink:
Here it is.

[/quote]

That is fantastic!

It really stands out now. Thanks a lot![/quote]

You’re welcome! :)[/quote]
added this to the bottom of every page on the forum to link to Peercoin.net ty great work, keep them coming :smiley:

Fuzzybear

DancingBear and FuzzyBear meet… :slight_smile:

Opinion time :slight_smile:

I love the banner, but if I might suggest… The “Peercoin is here” reminds me of a horror movie. It feels …umm. Off? from the rest of the banner
Any chance that could be changed to “feel” more stream lined? Or was the intention, well… intentional?