[ANNOUNCEMENT] New Peercoin client called PeercoinOG

I made this client since some people are pushing for SegWit in Peercoin. You have to do your own research to find out if you are for or against SegWit. If you are against SegWit like me, you now have a client to run that will fork off if SegWit activates on the Peercoin network.

That’s not something we can talk about yet, but we will when the time is right.

@sandakersmann, As I undestanded PPC don’t need SegWit, the block size is unlimited?
But SegWit is need for Lightning Networks? that is a good idea for PPC… IMHO

Segwit is not needed for lightning, but it is the fastest way there. Lightning is useful for PA and other applications. Keeping up with a modern codebase is important, if OG can do that, then it may garner support. I don’t think ‘attack’ is the right word for any of this, it doesn’t have to be antagonistic.

1 Like

Interesting development, will follow this thread and any further developments on Github.
It is good to have choices over having choices been made for you. Looking forward to further pros and cons of “to Segwit or not to Segwit” on the Peercoin blockchain.

1 Like

@Cybnate You can follow the SegWit discussion here: Fixing transaction malleability on peercoin

PeercoinOG v0.6.4 is now released :tada:

1 Like

My VMWare is freezing when I try to compile on Ubuntu 18.04:

On Windows QT-creator no any chance:

Anybody have a .deb or .exe version? (just for testing)

1 Like

Should not be any difference between Peercoin 0.6.4 and PeercoinOG 0.6.4 at this point. Could you try Peercoin 0.6.4 and see if you get the same freezing?

PeercoinOG v0.7.0 is now released :tada:

Changelog:

• Hardfork to protocol v07 activates at 12:00 on 12 of March 2019 UTC
  • Decreased minimal tx fee to one milliPPC for 100 bytes, keeping fee of ten milliPPC for 1000 bytes
  • Increased max op_return size to 256 bytes
  • Wallet stops minting while synchronising blockchain
  • This client is compatible with the Peercoin v0.7.0 client
2 Likes

PeercoinOG v0.7.1 is now released :tada:

Changelog:

• New discord chat link
  • Estimatefee RPC call added
  • Made multisig part of menubar
  • This client is compatible with the Peercoin v0.7.1 client
5 Likes

Why no compiled exe file?
I try to compile on windows, but recive a error

Just in case the community is not aware, the following disclaimer was added to the first post of this thread.

DISCLAIMER: PeercoinOG is NOT endorsed by the Peercoin Team or the Peercoin Foundation.

We just want to make sure you understand that you are installing something here that is not supported by the core team or the foundation. This client was created by Sandakersmann alone.

This is a compile it yourself client. I just provide the source code. Personally I don’t know how to compile it on Win or Mac, but it’s no reason why it shouldn’t compile like the official client.

PeercoinOG v0.7.2 is now released :tada:

Changelog:

• Hardened checkpoint update at block 419368
1 Like

@sandakersmann, Maybe your road map is right.
Bitcoinsv will remove block size restriction , make block chains more useful.

I don’t believe in BSV.

Can you talk about the views on bsv?

I don’t believe it will scale without the technical improvements that BCH is adding, and BSV does not want to add anything since they want to lock it down as is.

PeercoinOG v0.7.3 is now released :tada:

Changelog:

• Improve multisig dialog
  • This client is compatible with the Peercoin v0.7.2 client
1 Like