[ANN] PeerKeeper: Backend implementation started

Afaik cold minting is not possible without a protocol change.

What could be possible though is minting through some kind of connected hardware wallet, so you don’t have your private key on your PeerKeeper device.
All signing would then happen on that supposedly secure device (hardware wallet) instead of on your PeerKeeper device (phone, tablet or pc).

However, I believe that this would require the development of such a hardware wallet that supports the minting process.
Maybe this is some kind of project that can be developed once the ppc chain get’s more traction.

[member=32827]hrobeers[/member] You wont be disappointed with React. I can also highly recommend using Redux for handling the states. I work with these technologies daily and I can whole heartedly say they are awesome.

EDIT: Forgot to add, that I think you’re doing an amazing job here.

Thanks [member=32668]icebubble[/member]

I used many UI frameworks: Qt, WinForms, WPF, manual jquery, …
But React is by far the best I ever used!
This framework doesn’t get in your way, it behaves extremely predictable.
I love it!

Great! Great! Great!

[member=32827]hrobeers[/member], very interested in your project and I’m also a thermo engineer dealing with steam turbine, boilers, and also like programming, but I have no much time learning swift language, ashamed.

I guess your wallet can be used for directly content consumption on internet, e.g. we directly pay for posting threads on forum, downloading articles, and music/video consuming. You can even change the whole business model for millions of websites!

Thanks [member=30927]sabreiib[/member],

Interesting thoughts, can you elaborate more how you see that integrated in PeerKeeper?
I’m definitely open to these kind of suggestions. Some drawings on how you see it might help.

off topic: As a thermo mechanical engineer I was doing CFD simulations and coding. And that got me into the whole programming world. Combine this with too much ideas and some free time during train commute, you get things like www.finfoil.io or PeerKeeper.

[quote=“hrobeers, post:25, topic:3913”]Thanks [member=30927]sabreiib[/member],

Interesting thoughts, can you elaborate more how you see that integrated in PeerKeeper?
I’m definitely open to these kind of suggestions. Some drawings on how you see it might help.

off topic: As a thermo mechanical engineer I was doing CFD simulations and coding. And that got me into the whole programming world. Combine this with too much ideas and some free time during train commute, you get things like www.finfoil.io or PeerKeeper.[/quote]

Yes, ANSYS, and CFD. :slight_smile: I am a thermal process engineer.

With regard to peerkeeper, this is my thought:

The cryptocurrency is the money of internet, and is the most suitable for content consumption/production on internet, there is a huge potential market of online payment for content.

e.g. BM’s next product: steem, is a social media on blockchain with content consumption/production.

Many customers dislike to pay apple music monthly for 10$/month, they wanna pay each song they listen, when they don’t listen, should be no fee at all. Many customers have to deposit s small amount of money via paypal on various website to download articles, attachment, etc, this is really tedious. I can imagine a bright future that every click of your mouse on webpage can be charged fee if necessary. Every information exchange, can be a money transaction. In this way, advertisements can be removed from websites and customers directly pay for the service. e.g. You pay 0.1$ to watch a video on youtube, and the author gets the 80% money while 20% belongs to website.

Peer keeper can be a browser plugin, a integrated wallet on chrome/firefox(open sourced), a customer deposits a small amount of PPC/BTC ( e.g 50$), and when browsing on internet, when clicking mouse, posting thread, downloading files, even viewing article, the payment is automatically finished within several seconds. Because the traditional payment such as VISA/MASTER(5000-50000tx/s) cannot handle such micropayment all over the world.

In this way, we can change the business model of existing millions of websites. Eliminate the agent/advertisement between customers and websites by blockchain technology!

Yes, PPC is not for micropayment, but when 3rd party payment service involved…Or thunder network with 1million tx per second comes out…

Then you just have to take a look at Redux (think of it as a replacement, for all the flawed Flux frameworks out there that are horrible to use)!

And thank’s to redux-thunk, async programming becomes a breeze and also it allows you to run the exact code on both server and client, so you can do server-side rendering without even thinking about it.

Small update:

[member=31975]saeveritt[/member] created a preview for the graphic design (check it out in first post https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4583.msg43271#msg43271. Still to be implemented in the demo.

Oh wow, that design is supreme!

[member=32827]hrobeers[/member] I am afraid you underestimate my suggestion because on the same day, the founder of WWW also advocated a micropayment system which can eliminate the ads businness model.

[member=30927]sabreiib[/member], sorry I forgot to answer to your suggestion.

I’ve been thinking about you proposal. This can definitely be implemented in some way. Just don’t know how to do it properly yet.
The steemit guys seem to be doing a great job on that front.

I just parked your idea in my head as I need to get the other stuff done first, but I definitely did not discard it!

Gosh this is AWesome!

PeerKeeper may be the most important work happening in the Peercoin network right now. We forget how difficult new technology can be for people. As Bitcoin crosses over into the mainstream, it has plenty of web wallets and apps that have ease of use. When newcomers come to Peercoin they need this ease of use. We can not expect them to run a client and upgrade it regularly.

I know upgrading a client is a rather self explanatory task for some on this forum, yet there are many among us that struggle with this even as early adopters. Bitcoin has created a bridge to allow fiat to flow into crypto. I see PeerKeeper as a bridge to allow a greater number of people to enter into Peercoin from Bitcoin.

Before cold minting, Peerassets, Peermessage, or what have you… This community needs a reliable web wallet for newcomers. The rest comes later. Thank you [member=32827]hrobeers[/member] for getting started on this project.

Thanks!

Next week development continues

Just a tiny update:

Today development continued!

First commit since two weeks:

[code]commit 4faff6e4719854090a5029b3b9f693dfbee50e0f
Author: hrobeers <***@***>
Date: Mon Jun 20 09:00:47 2016 +0200

Modal component added

commit 595233e57a110881cc1a911efb27e837aec030f5
Author: hrobeers <***@***>
Date: Sat Jun 4 11:08:34 2016 +0200

Fixed checksum byte[/code]

[member=32827]hrobeers[/member] ,
Any chance I can get the source tree to start working on the UI?
Tried grabbing the source from the test site but it seems some uglification might have been implemented?

Very eager to do some work and glad to see that development is underway again ;D

[member=31975]saeveritt[/member], check your PM.

New update, read top post

[size=14pt]Update 23rd of June 2016[/size]

https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4583.0

Like said in the update, working on screen redesign.

This is just a dev screenshot, not yet in the online demo:

What do you think?

1 Like

Potentially an additional tab could be used… My suggestion would be to keep the overview the same except to remove the “To Savings”, “To Checkings” portions under Savings. It doesn’t make much sense. From savings to savings? I would still keep the savings balance displayed.

An additional tab “Transfers” or something along that sort could be added. This could help with moving money from checking to savings and from savings to checking. However it is not necessary to move coins from savings to checking. You can spend straight out of savings. This would matter when transaction fee is worth more money.

All that being said… I like how the website is currently and would suggest just keeping it that way http://hrobeers.be/tmp/peerkeeper/ Simple changes can be made to the screen design when operational. I can’t wait for Peerkeeper to be finished so I can store some Peercoins hassle free.