[ANN] Peerbox project

Can you do it on router? That is easiest way IMO.

Sure, but this is best to do with router. On router you can assign MAC addr. of Peerbox to specific address and the rule will be valid for eternity.

Sure, but this is best to do with router. On router you can assign MAC addr. of Peerbox to specific address and the rule will be valid for eternity.[/quote]

My problem is that I am testing peerbox in a LAN which requires every computer to type in network username in a browser before granting access to the internet. Peerbox doesn’t have a browser and I don’t want to install one. So I get a static IP address which is granted internet access w/o giving net username. That is why I need to change IP of teh peerbox.

I have tried Thireus method but I still get the DHCP IP (as shown by ifconfig) after rebooting. ppcoind getinfo returns 0.0.0.0

edit: I see “starting DHCP on eth0” during start up
Does peerbox assume ip to be 192.168… somewhere? in iptable ? mine is 10.36…

Seen this?

TREZOR Firmware 1.3.4 enables SSH login - https://medium.com/@satoshilabs/trezor-firmware-1-3-4-enables-ssh-login-86a622d7e609

[quote=“sandakersmann, post:245, topic:2485”]Seen this?

TREZOR Firmware 1.3.4 enables SSH login - https://medium.com/@satoshilabs/trezor-firmware-1-3-4-enables-ssh-login-86a622d7e609[/quote]

No I did not, but it is interesting stuff indeed.

that’s cool :)) :))

[member=30983]peerchemist[/member] , can you answer this?

[quote=“mhps, post:248, topic:2485”][member=30983]peerchemist[/member] , can you answer this?

No it does not, it looks for default route and deducts IP from that.
This is the code:
https://github.com/peerchemist/Peerbox/blob/master/PKGBLD/pbox/pcf-firewall-setup/pcf-firewall-setup.sh

Is this a full blown minter with wallet, or can you link your wallet with this software?

It is a minter.

Hello, I am interested in setting up a full node for peercoin, maybe more than one in the near future :P. Although I read the description of the project and how to setup a full node etc. I would like to make sure if peerbox can work on other boards apart from the RPi and Beaglebone. For example, I have found other that are more powerful and better equipped at the same price such as Odroid C2, Orange Pi, Banana Pi and others. So my question is, as long as a board (not RPi) supports ArchLinux, is it suitable to run peerbox and to function as a node? I am asking so when the time comes, I know in what hardware to invest. Thank you.

peerbox has moved to debian, with arm and x64 version

[quote=“peerchemist”]Peerbox binaries uploaded!

wget https://peerbox.me/peerbox_0.5.0-1_all.deb

sha256sum peerbox_0.5.0-1_all.deb 5ceff6238cfaa2b5b5c96b74b4e4aa4e0d60ad15418ddbcb902fc14e096a4f93 peerbox_0.5.0-1_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i peerbox_0.5.0-1_all.deb sudo apt-get -f install

Please let me know about any bugs or feature requests.[/quote]

(archlinux package also available, note this is peercoin, not peerbox)

ps. i guess some confusion comes from the first thread that is pinned and is about the old version, ill try to update it or something (soon[sup][size=5pt]TM[/size][/sup]), or unpin and pin the new version

So I suppose that basically means that any board that supports Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, ArchLinux) can work. Thank you.

No, it means that any board supporting Debian will work. However, for all other reasons I recommend only Raspberry Pi - as it is only proper board out there (also Beaglebone). Others are just semi-functional Chinese clones with ancient kernels and very bad support.

Oh, OK good to know that. Then I will invest in a RPi 2 or 3 when the time comes. Thank you for the insight!

Hi,

Alright guys, I just came here to say that I have too much ideas to process right now for the Peercoin project. What we can do first is asking (voting) which subject you would like to talk/work about, and which ones seems the most powerful to make what Peercoin, really is. I don’t really know where this project can leads but I have a good feeling that it’s gonna make some noise in a near future.
I would like to start by the Peerbox project because I need to know how a blockchain system really works before working on it. I’m quite new to this and I know that some people are quite experienced, so feel free to share any concept you’ve understood.

Regards,