[ANN] CoinWatch, PPC LTC, BTC multiple addresses, no QT required, untimed use

Watch multiple addresses for PPC, LTC & BTC coins from one page and total amounts without logging in or signing up anywhere or having to re-enter addresses into a block explorer or having to get pivate keys.

This version has no time limit to use.

you can find it here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/coinwatch/files/CoinWatch.zip/download

put you addresses in the coinwatch/addressAndtype.js

press the go button and go!!!

Consider Tor Browser for you own addresses.

I have included some random addresses in the addressAndtype.js file already to as examples of how it works and how to enter addresses.

This has no time limit to use.

It is nice to have an overview of balances from multiple coins. But entering all addresses is a nuisance and everytime you do transactions you can add another one. We need something to easily export those addresses from wallets and then import into tools like yours. Better would be an api. But I guess it will be a while before something like this gets standardised. Taking it to the next level, it would even be better to export the addresses and transaction details in way they can be read by bookkeeping software. businesses can then easily consolidate all their crypto transactions into their administration. Just dreaming a bit :slight_smile:

I think this is an excellent tool, and something like this should be in the Peercoin/Peerunity client/wallet

With regards to the above version, could jubalix provide more detailed instructions on how to operate it? I have downloaded it, but do not understand how to upload it to the web, or how to input my PPC public addresses

I cannot find “coinwatch/putAddressHere.js”

Thanks

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:3, topic:2361”]I think this is an excellent tool, and something like this should be in the Peercoin/Peerunity client/wallet

With regards to the above version, could jubalix provide more detailed instructions on how to operate it? I have downloaded it, but do not understand how to upload it to the web, or how to input my PPC public addresses

I cannot find “coinwatch/putAddressHere.js”

Thanks[/quote]

sorry my error, that was self copy paste from and earlier version.

is should read

coinwatch/addressAndtype.js

unzip the file and you should get the folder structure

coinwatch/00mytorCoinWatch3Aobs.html
coinwatch/coinwatch/addressAndtype.js <----modify this file

I should really change the folder names…

hmm yes good points.

If I get time I would refactor my code and make something API friendly so people could write to the format…though the arrays are pretty straight forward. automation would be nice. Essentially wallets could export to a standard. To some extent block chain does that.

how did it all work for you ok?

I had another go but am still not getting it

When I unzip, there is a file called “00mytorCoinWatch3Aobs”, displaying the firefox logo (I guess because I use firefox), plus two folders called CoinWatch and _MACOSX

If I double-click on the “00mytorCoinWatch3Aobs” file, I get a screen come up, with six lines of text, at this location on my C drive:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/CoinWatch/00mytorCoinWatch3Aobs.html

If I press the “go” button, I get another screen, similar to yours below. But this screen is static.

Where do I go from there to connect with the web, and find the coinwatch/coinwatch/addressAndtype.js ?

Thanks

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:6, topic:2361”]I had another go but am still not getting it

When I unzip, there is a file called “00mytorCoinWatch3Aobs”, displaying the firefox logo (I guess because I use firefox), plus two folders called CoinWatch and _MACOSX

If I double-click on the “00mytorCoinWatch3Aobs” file, I get a screen come up, with six lines of text, at this location on my C drive:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/CoinWatch/00mytorCoinWatch3Aobs.html

If I press the “go” button, I get another screen, similar to yours below. But this screen is static.

Where do I go from there to connect with the web, and find the coinwatch/coinwatch/addressAndtype.js ?

Thanks[/quote]

try

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/CoinWatch/coinwatch/

is this folder you will find the addressAndtype.js.

Open that file and put in the addresses you want. delete the one you dont. You should be able to leave an array blank as well if you have no addresses for a particular coin.

When you hit go the info is pulled.