[ANN] Candypool.net 0% fee PPLNS Primecoin pool

If a linux miner available or primeminer works with your pool I can direct 30 miners from xpool to yours :slight_smile:

Hi,

i would be more then happy with your 30 miners :slight_smile:
You can compile your own miner with the code found here:

Edit:
You can convert the solution to a make file with this little tool:
http://code.google.com/p/make-it-so/

[quote=β€œCandypool.net, post:42, topic:1206”]Hi,

i would be more then happy with your 30 miners :slight_smile:
You can compile your own miner with the code found here:

Edit:
You can convert the solution to a make file with this little tool:
http://code.google.com/p/make-it-so/[/quote]

I will try, but I won’t promise that I could do it soon. I don’t have any experiences with windows. You don’t have a linux machine and port your code to linux? All of big guys have almost linux as their base so your pool could get more attention if a linux miner is available.

Hi,

the pool operates on linux but the miner program currently is only available or windows.

BTW: AeroCloud now is supporting Candypool
http://www.azbowling.com/AeroCloud/

Thank you !

Hey,

I actually figured a way around it. I just limited it to 6 threads instead all 8.

Also is the problem with stale shares happening with other miners? since yesterday i have found 120 shares, out which only 47 have been accepted. The rest went stale.

my current config is this: jhPrimeMiner-T16v2.exe -o candypool.net:10034 -u soulofhoney.12 -p honey -m 31 -m2 37 -m3 43 -m4 47 -m5 51 -t 6 -split 0 -se 13 -s 512000

Hi,

a share is going stale if you submit it and it is no longer valid because a new block has been found.
The reason this happens for you is that your miner settings are messed up :slight_smile:

Remove the following and you should see the stale shares go down:
-split 0 -se 13 -s 512000

i have 2 other pc doing regular settings that come with the miner program. have the same problem on those as well.

One other thing, do we have stratum support for this yet? or a stratum port?

[quote=β€œmohammadnaeem, post:47, topic:1206”]i have 2 other pc doing regular settings that come with the miner program. have the same problem on those as well.

One other thing, do we have stratum support for this yet? or a stratum port?[/quote]

Hi,

no there is no stratum support. Can you try to use the latest miner found here:
http://www.azbowling.com/AeroCloud/

From guessing i would say that your stale shares have something todo with the freezes you experience.

My miner put in some 6,7,and 8ch shares to test water in the early days when there were like 12 miners.
From the dash board there is no XPM rewarded.
What gives?

Hi,

we are still waiting to find the first valid block after that all shares submitted to that point will be payed out.
All previous blocks orphaned out or i did silly programming mistakes :slight_smile:

Ok heres what I got after some experimenting. I just simply added few more primorials and got 93/98 shares accepted. thats a lot better than what I had before.

The freeze problem i figured out. since i have 8 core AMD, I simply limited the miner to run only 6 cores instead of all 8 cores. So now i do not have any freezes. I suppose its only with AMD PCs, because the other 2 PCS i have are i7 and i5, they seem to have no problem running all cores and still be able to do other PC functions when needed.

Do you know when we might get stratum support, there is something i wanted to try.

Hi,

stratum is a protocol and i do not see the need for it.
In case you have a nice idea we can talk about that via pm.

Edit: in order to stop the hickups on your amd’s you can try to set the process priority of the miner to low.

Installed and tested now couple of days with my 4-core amd.

I don’t quite get CandyMiner and I have some questions.
How do I know my speed and such? Based from below, does it say that I have 15 valid shares that found 66 x 6ch and 25x 7ch or is that for the whole pool??
Why can’t there be timestamps here? I’ve needed to restart the miner few times, does the 15 shares count from beginning of time or is that only for current process?
Why can’t there be history information about the shares on Candypool (rewarded/unconfirmed). For several days it now only says that 100 last submitted shares is empty.
Thanks already for your help. :wink:

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
New Block: 346785 - Diff: 10.233407 / 6.750000
Valid/Total shares: [ 15 / 15 ] - Max diff: 8.790181637
[ 6ch] [ 7ch] [ 8ch] [ 9ch] [ 10ch] [ 11ch] [ 12ch+]
Total: [ 66] [ 25] [ 0] [ 0] [ 0] [ 0] [ 0]
ch/h: [ 3.84] [ 1.453] [ 0.000] [ 0.000] [ 0.000] [ 0.000] [ 0.000]
Val/h: 0.000062 Last Block/Total: 0.000000 / 0.001058

Hi Tobias,

the miner is maintained by AeroCloud maybe he has a bug in counting shares, i will look into that.

Why can't there be timestamps here? Why can't there be history information about the shares on Candypool (rewarded/unconfirmed)
That is a good suggestion, i will create a new page on the dashboard to show you a more detailed share view.
For several days it now only says that 100 last submitted shares is empty.
Can you please post the content of your miner.bat ? This will help me answer your question.

I’m not using the bat, but a shortcut from toolbar. I took the base params from bat and added my pool account (didn’t know how to optimize):
…\candyMiner-T17.exe -o http://candypool.net:10034 -u tsar.tsar1 -p 123 -m 47 -m2 53 -m3 59 -m4 67
With cgminer and bfgminer I’m using a .conf file where parameters are with full names, it makes it better to understand. :wink:
And my CPU is AMD X4 965 @3,6GHz if that counts here…
Node that gives me access is listed as 217.79.184.65

Short update to log: I now see first timestamp in candyMiner:
01/07/14-11:31:45 - 37 - SHARE FOUND2! - DIFF: 6.896308959 - Th#: 1 TYPE:1
But still after this the β€œValid/Total shares” says 0. ???

Hi Tobias,

some bad news for you :frowning:
You don’t have a single submitted share in the database, maybe there is something wrong with the candyminer.
Can you use this one instead:
http://candypool.net/download/jhPrimeminer-T16v2.zip

This is the original version without any modifications. I’ll take a look into candyminer and try to figure out what is wrong with that thing.

Hi Tobias,

i let the candyminer run on my machine with your worker credentials and found a share.
I can find this share in the database and you should see it in your dashboard.

So i can’t rely reproduce the behaviour. Give the miner i posted above a try i hope this will fix the issue for you. If not - let me know :slight_smile:

Hi,
Thanks for your support. I can see your share on my dashboard now. I started the T16v2 now at block 348511. I’ll check back in the morning to see if any shares are found (it’s a slow PC so might need a full day.

Btw, which parameter controls the amount of cores being used? Would like to have less CPU usage on miner when watching a movie on this PC.

It seems a shares are found now and some are reported as valid.
Can you check e.g. this share
New Block: 348650 - Diff: 10.263958 / 6.750000
Valid/Total shares: [ 26 / 26 ] - Max diff: 7.766626298
[ 6ch] [ 7ch] [ 8ch] [ 9ch] [ 10ch] [ 11ch] [ 12ch+]
Total: [ 21] [ 5] [ 0] [ 0] [ 0] [ 0] [ 0]
ch/h: [ 11.18] [ 2.661] [ 0.000] [ 0.000] [ 0.000] [ 0.000] [ 0.000]
Val/h: 0.000971 Last Block/Total: 0.000000 / 0.001824
01/08/14-00:15:20 - 53 - SHARE FOUND! - DIFF: 6.944076359 - Th#: 1 TYPE:1

Hi all… Just joined candypool… I have been mining with 28 cores overnight and all day with 0 payout! Am I doing something wrong? Please help, I do not want to go back to ypool, I think there is better but not here so far! Cheers for any help!