[ANN] beeeeer.org - PPS Primecoin pool! ------- DEAD

@xolokram:
Xolominer seems to accept some additional parameters modifying mining characteristics, like:

-sievesize=
-sieveextensions=
-sievepercentage=
-primes=
-bits=
-TargetInitialLength=
-chainlength=

(Thats what I found around the net. Are there any others?)

Should we change (some of) them from defaults in current diff-10 situation? Could something be gained here? Whats your suggestion about values here?
I tried to find something in this thread, but nothing with enough explanatory power for my mind showed up :slight_smile:

[quote=“xolokram, post:1501, topic:342”]difficulty is at 10.x now.

@padre999+ninjafocus100:
there’s nothing i can change on the pool side to decrease your chains/day perfomance, it must be (a) difficulty or (b) on your side / your VPS provider.
afaik
chains/day depends on the difficulty (–> a?)
while primes/sec doesn’t (–> b?)

@donshoe+everyone else:
yeah, maybe you’re right.
what about 2 XPM barrier?

@NeilChill:
?

• xolokram[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I think primes/sec depends on difficulty as well. I have to see if other users have the same problem with me.

Yes, I think 2 XPM barrier is good.

@ninja:
nope it doesnt

@1940:
-sievesize=
-sieveextensions=
-sievepercentage=
are working

you could try
sieveextensions=10 (default: 9)
but i dont have reliable test results on that

• xolokram

Just chiming in to say that I’ve seen a huge drop overnight too. Primes/s went from around 900/s per core (total 2400/s on 3 cores) with 1.4ch/d to about 500/s per core (1500/s total) with 0.05ch/d.

A friend of mine is reporting the same effect.

[quote=“xolokram, post:1504, topic:342”]@1940:
-sievesize=
-sieveextensions=
-sievepercentage=
are working

you could try
sieveextensions=10 (default: 9)
but i dont have reliable test results on that

• xolokram[/quote]

I tried those flags a while back, didn’t seem to do anything but they do work now.
Do you have a quick primer on what they do? Just for trial and error, I tried increasing sievesize to 2000000 which caused a drop in primes/s, but changing sieveextensions to 10 hasn’t had a noticeable effect.

I noticed the massive drop in chains per day on my computers, too.

[quote=“xolokram, post:1501, topic:342”]difficulty is at 10.x now.

@padre999+ninjafocus100:
there’s nothing i can change on the pool side to decrease your chains/day perfomance, it must be (a) difficulty or (b) on your side / your VPS provider.
afaik
while primes/sec doesn’t (–> b?)[/quote]

That’s a pity you can’t speed up our miners :wink:

Anyway, primes/s is definitely affected as well. They dropped about 40-50 % on all of my four miners which are all running on different machines. All Linux. And I am not the only one as it seems.

So I would opt for a) difficulty.

[quote=“padre999, post:1507, topic:342”][quote=“xolokram, post:1501, topic:342”]difficulty is at 10.x now.

@padre999+ninjafocus100:
afaik
while primes/sec doesn’t (–> b?)[/quote]

That’s a pity you can’t speed up our miners :wink:

Anyway, primes/s is definitely affected as well. They dropped about 40-50 % on all of my four miners which are all running on different machines. All Linux. And I am not the only one as it seems.

So I would opt for a) difficulty.[/quote]

guys, “chains per day”: the number of expected target chains found per day. at diff 9.x it’s displaying 9-ch/day. at diff 10.x per day. So if your ch/d dropps from 2.7 to 0.1 its because you will only find 1 10-ch in 10 days…

I’m finding 7-ch at about two times lower rate than at diff 9. No 8ch or 9ch since diff 10…

I just went from:

[STATS] 2013-12-15 10:19:49 | 3936 primes/s, 60174 tests/s, 1320 5-chains/h, 2.259 chains/d

to:

[STATS] 2013-12-15 17:13:51 | 2364 primes/s, 37763 tests/s,  660 5-chains/h, 0.086 chains/d

How significant of an effect would this be overall on payout? Anyone know?

Edit: Looking at my stats… I see about 15% decrease in XPM/h. I suppose that’s about normal.

I am wondering if this difficulty over 10 is going to foul up your pool payouts? Are you going to have to readjust the values of each type of chain found?

Is there any new switch that needs to be added to Primeminer_64 to adjust for difficulty 10?

My i5 3750k rig went from 1.9 chains/d to 0.075
Same thing has happened on my other rig.

It’s obviously the difficulty change to 10

Earlier when I tried the website it was running very slow probably high traffic at the time as it seems ok now.

@ninjafocus100:
i’m sorry - i was wrong, the stats and calculations depend on the difficulty as the SieveOfEratosthenes part of the code is adjusted to the new diff automatically
this means primes/s & X-ch/day will decrease unfortunately as the SoE part gets harder and takes longer

@urubu:
yeah i’ll have to re-adjust the values, currently the # of 7-, 8-, 9-chains decreased with the new diffculty, thus the reward for them will increase a little
i’ll have to find a good balance for the rewards per share (again)

at the moment the pool uses the additional coins that get confirmed from the last days to work off the sharelog

• xolokram

I try add “-SieveExtensions=10” into *.bat and testing it now…

EDIT: No change… :frowning:

Awesome. Looking forwards to seeing the results!

[quote=“NeilChill, post:1513, topic:342”]My i5 3750k rig went from 1.9 chains/d to 0.075
Same thing has happened on my other rig.

It’s obviously the difficulty change to 10

Earlier when I tried the website it was running very slow probably high traffic at the time as it seems ok now.[/quote]

It happened at 10:23 GMT

The difficulty jump could mean that someone got a GPU miner to work. Then CPU miners will be out of the game soon.
You could see that on the network; the block numbers should shoot up.

And yeah… Sadly that means less income for CPU miners.

I am now dedicating one miner to solo mining to see what happens.

afaik a lot of ypool’s miner switched back from pts to xpm
within the last days

just fyi

[quote=“xolokram, post:1518, topic:342”]afaik a lot of ypool’s miner switched back from pts to xpm
within the last days

just fyi[/quote]

Ah… Thanks. That explains.

very strange…

check the 8- to 9-difficulty change
it’s not that unusual, it’s the fractional part of the difficulty (@zaba)