[ANN] beeeeer.org - PPS Primecoin pool! ------- DEAD

Okay i think i know where i hae buggered up, i have never used cmake before, and assumed it was for linux, so i didnt build the neccessary whatever they are to begin with, so that would be my problem, i guess i will go look up how cmake works and then try again, is there an easy way to do this cause i have downloaded cmake and it is foreign to me, lol, any help would be appreciated, cheers in advance

Okay so i have not stopped trying to figure out how cmake works, i have sofar managed to get it to the point where it wants me to have openssl installed and looking at how that works that is even more foreign to me than this program, should i just go back to mining dark coin, not trying to be a dick, but is it one these things where someone else is not going to do it for me so if i cant figure it out dont try? I am just a little agitated as to why this is so difficult in comparison to every other mining setup i have ever done, not a stab, just wondering if that is the point of this coin or something, anyway cheers for all the help, if anyone is able to help me out with this messy compilation please let me know as i have just wasted a day on it and have no idea what i am doing with it, even worse is i left everything running overnight so its just like dead work at this point, im going to go have a drink i think

OpenCL information: CPP bindings found
OPENCL_INCLUDE_DIRS: C:/Program Files (x86)/AMD APP SDK/2.9/include
OPENCL_LIBRARIES: C:/Program Files (x86)/AMD APP SDK/2.9/lib/x86/libOpenCL.a
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:136 (message):
Could NOT find OpenSSL (missing: OpenSSL_LIBRARIES OpenSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:343 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake/FindOpenSSL.cmake:45 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
CMakeLists.txt:135 (FIND_PACKAGE)

@Cactipsi:
the reward changes are not caused by you :slight_smile:
and it should be possible for you to edit your posts instead of posting 3 times in a row :slight_smile:
if you stick to the original software (binaries or source code) than everything should be fine

the error you’ve posted is caused by a missing library, install libssl-dev & try again
maybe you’ll check beeeeer’s irc channel for instant live tech-“support” & some crazy unrelated chatting :slight_smile:

@rewards:
I’ve increased the rewards a little bit for the moment
expect changes like this over the next few days

• xolokram

Okay its a fresh day, lets have a fresh crack at this, cheers for all the help aswell mate, i have honestly never used these programs before so it is all a bit new, so was mining in general though and i figured that out, and i will for sure jump on freenode, love a good chat with fellow crypto heads, we are interested in the strangest shit (hence why we mine crypto lol), ill update shortly as to my efforts and there results,

UPDATE okay so i have loaded in openssl using cygwin and still no love, is there a specific way i am supposed to install it to make it associate or be in the right place or something, cause i know its there, i have tried installing it like 4 times 4 different ways with 4 different sources, and it still doesnt show up according to the red writing, i am really sorry to keep pestering you about this

I was also wondering, i have the CPU mining away steady, is there any commands to make it attempt the larger chains over smaller ones or am i missing how this coin works, and is there any commands for the bat to specify the amount of cpu cores, cause im only getting 25 percent draw on my CPU while mining, cheers in advance, you have been awesome

hi,
i’m sorry for the late reply

if you’re on windows, you can stick to the binaries i’m offering
make sure you have the latest AMD drivers and amd’s APP SDK installed
compiling on windows is always a pain, with mingw/cygwin & all the needed libraries, it’s not really recommended unless you know what you’re doing (and a masochist)

if you’re on linux then you’ll have to build the project with cmake & make
you’ll need a few dev-libraries to do that, it’s explained in the official post

the cpu miners is capable of using multiple threads for mining, the command line parameter for this is:

-genproclimit=<#-of-threads-to-use>

e.g.

primeminer -pooluser=your_xpm_address -poolip=the_ip_of_the_pool_you_wanna_use -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=4

the gpu miner is not using alot of cpu power & you’ll have to run multiple instances of the gpu miner to utilize multiple GPUs on the same system

• xolokram, happy mining

ps. share rewards slightly increased

Okay, so basiclly i have taken the long way around, lol :), oh well i guess i seen some stuff, ill download all of the original gpu stuff again, and so I understand clearly ;), everything i need is there in the 2 downloads, one with the miner download and the other being the binaries, and i just need to follow the basic instructions on how to put them together and it should work fine, ill start from scratch and load everything up step by step in the description there, sorry to have been a pain, i thought i needed to compile things to make it work, im a tool sometimes, ill report back soon with results, and im on windows so ill give the cpu command a go, i think i tried that before with no results, but i find i sometimes have to reset my computer for it actually take effect, might squeeze it in the config file there to help it stick, youve been awesome mate, chat soon ;D

Cool so i got that done, does this look alright? There was supposed to be a screenshot here of everything running, bummer

Cool so i am still having the same thing by the looks of it, the GPU miners mention nothing of shares, just a continous output of [MASTER] Work received
New work received

they get hot like they are mining but the id i assigned them does not appear on beeeeer.org, should i worry or is it working and just not registering, or id there somethign going on with it, i mine dark coin fine, have amd drivers updated and the latest sdk app, im not seeing where im screwing up, cheersfor the patience

date XPM block 7ch 8ch 9ch 10ch
2014-8-16 0.00 0 (0.000%) 17 (100.0%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr
2014-8-15 0.03 0 (0.000%) 87 (90.6%) 3 (3.13%) 6 (6.25%) 0 (0.000%) 0.001 XPM/hr
2014-8-14 0.00 0 (0.000%) 34 (94.4%) 2 (5.56%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr
2014-8-13 0.00 0 (0.000%) 37 (94.9%) 2 (5.13%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr
2014-8-12 0.00 0 (0.000%) 50 (98.0%) 1 (1.96%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr
2014-8-11 0.01 0 (0.000%) 31 (86.1%) 4 (11.11%) 1 (2.78%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr
2014-8-10 0.00 0 (0.000%) 21 (95.5%) 1 (4.55%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr
total 0.04 0 (0.000%) 277 (93.3%) 13 (4.38%) 7 (2.36%) 0 (0.000%)

i think it works, its on the 11th and the 15th i ran the gpu program, and its on those days i got 9 chains done, should i take this as an indicator its working (maybe through the cpu as i accept alot more when the gpu program is running) and leave my gpu here full time?

if you see a lot of “work received” lines, then the miner is connected and up-to-date
if the utilization is around 100% & once every few minutes you see a “[MASTER] submitted share → SHARE” line then it’s working/mining :slight_smile:

with primecoin you have different kinds of shares, so called “chains”, which are accepted by the pool
7-chains are the most common one, but almost worthless, then there are 8- & 9-chains
and the 10-chains and block-chains, very rare, but worth a lot more

the amount of X-chains per day is depending on your used hardware

if you DON’T see any “[MASTER] submitted share → [answer by server]” lines at all with the gpu miner, then something’s wrong & we should investigate this further, i suggest IRC

• xolokram

Hi Primecoin Miners!

I have now:
current balance: 0.000369503232 @ payout#28617
what meens? payout 28617
in my wallet still 0.000000… empty
Please tell me at what value http://beeeeer.org/ cash out on my wallet adress some proof of my work?
is automatically?

second question: is any faucets to get some free primecoins? :stuck_out_tongue:

Huge thanks for your future answer!

current balance: 0.000369503232 = current balance (not really surprising :slight_smile: )
payout#28617 (the current payout number)
I hope that helps

Yeah you have hit the nail on the head with what i was getting at, it doesnt send anything back, i thought it was supposed to as the cpu miner does it just fine (SHARE---->Submitted, but the gpu only ever gets MASTER work recieved, new work recieved, no submits for any period of time i leave it up, i tried jumping onto the node and chatting but i cant even figure out how to talk to other people on there, i tried following the tutorial, i am hopeless with this stuff

Im using xolominer_gpu 64 bit with 14.4 drivers and all I get is [master] work recieved new work recieved. I use a hd 6970
My conf file is xolominer_gpu.exe -pooluser=Aezae6ET3kdxbksD8kDq7z2SokFnaxdDRS -poolip=176.34.128.129 -poolport=1337 -device=0 -minerid=8555

whats wrong?

@deadworldisee:
I think you have the same issues like Cactipsi, we’re (I’m?) currently investigating this. Maybe it’s a driver issue (just a guess). I’ll have to check this in detail on my GPUs, when I get back home. The server logs don’t offer any reasonable answer to this regarding your or Cactipsi’s connections.

I also suggest to use the technical issues thread for this: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=501.0
and/or IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23beeeeer.org

• xolokram

ps. I’ve slightly increased the share rewards again - looks like I was too fast this time, reverted & monitoring

Glad im not the only one, makes me feel less nooby, lol, cheers for helping us all out with this xolo, with the recent market hit now more than ever we are in need of a good coin to mine with our gpu, im going to start from scratch again today, reload windows and go from there i think and only download the link material and the specific drivers mentioned, it could be old drivers or something playing around with it, god knows, ill keep trying to get it going on my end, i appreciate the effort xolo, i have had to turn my rig off for the time being with dark so low,there is no way even with my undervolts i would break even at the moment, looking forward to figuring this little riddle out

@Cactipsi:
we’ve moved this issue to here

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear beeeeer.org
happy birthday to you

applauding

Hello, friends!
There was information that from August 2014 Beeeer.org start to pay on 1.01 XPM.
Does it reallized?

[quote=“ivanuWka, post:2158, topic:342”]Hello, friends!
There was information that from August 2014 Beeeer.org start to pay on 1.01 XPM.
Does it reallized?[/quote]
Yep, it was planned. On the way down (from 3 to 1 XPM barrier) i realised that the reduction caused a lot (read: too much) of payouts — that would’ve dried up the payouts for current miners completely. That’s why i stopped at the current payout barrier of 2.01 XPM.

Due to the current server costs (caused by bloated infrastructure), the current price of XPM, the lack of free time (for support/maintenance/development) and the upcoming bigger lack of time I decided to shut down the remaining XPM servers as well this year. This will happen around early October. Of course there will be a final payout for all remaining (valid*) XPM addresses. I will still be around here, or at BTC-talk, in IRC or on future beeeeer.org, which will still be dedicated to cryptocurrency - in some way … we’ll see :slight_smile:

a more precise timeline will follow.

xolokram

• = and not banned!!

it’s sad… very sad.

Also in that plans was payouts for long-time nonworking adresses. How much time needs to be this “non-working”.

[quote=“ivanuWka, post:2160, topic:342”]it’s sad… very sad.

Also in that plans was payouts for long-time nonworking adresses. How much time needs to be this “non-working”.[/quote]
You mean the ‘payout for abandoned addresses’-feature? i won’t implement that as i’m going to shut down the pool anyway. They will be paid, as long as they are valid, not banned & above the network transaction fee anyway within the upcoming final payout. I hope this answers your question.

— !!!

I wanted to let you know, that I’m planning to shut down beeeeer’s XPM pools on 15th of October (2014).

Thanks for everyone who has supported the pool & its development.

Of course, there will be a final payout for everyone who has some shares left in the payout system/queue.

— !!!

The shutdown will be followed (within a few days) by the last payouts for the remaining addresses*.
Which is followed (within a few days/weeks) by the deletion of all Block and Payout information.
Which is then followed (within a few days) by closing/locking this thread.
That’s the plan ::slight_smile:

- xolokram, #beeeeer.org @ FreeNode

*=valid, not banned & with a value above the network transaction fee

ps. here’s some more background information
pps. i (and beeeer.org) will still be around in the cryptocurrency community … in some way … we’ll see … :smiley: